One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-20 16:43:29

SSDarkMoon

I found some people are so "racist” in the form, in my post.

1,Chinese want to pay 20 USD to buy and play this game,they at least have high school knowledge level, at least come from Second-tier cities. Know simple english is normal in the newest generation in China.

2,This game isn't PUBG type of game, also this game highly attract a constructive player than a person just want to kill people.

3,Most of the Chinese don't eat dog.(But Korea is more amount of people act normal to eat dog)

4,government "monitoring every word",totally wrong. Chinese have 1.3 billion people. It is wasting time and money to track everyone who speak a wrong word and catch to go to jail. China just track on political words.
(This kind of "monitoring"concept is what they think about North Korea but not themself)

5,even the poorest city in China still have a higher GDP than some country on the world.

I am from HK China.

Last edited by SSDarkMoon (2018-04-20 17:11:36)

#2 2018-04-20 17:24:37

Lum

Re: I found some people are so "racist” in the form, in my post.

Don't take it seriously. Some are joking, some are xenophobes you should just ignore. People who can communicate in English are totally accepted in the community, no matter where they come from. The problem is the arrival of non-english speaking players.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#3 2018-04-20 19:23:56

teanah

I'm sorry that has been your experience on the forum. Some of the stuff people post on these forums is awful and the moderators don't seem to have any interest in dealing with it.

I hope you can still enjoy the game in spite of the few loud assholes on the forums.

#4 2018-04-21 01:47:38

Joriom
Website

teanah wrote:

I'm sorry that has been your experience on the forum. Some of the stuff people post on these forums is awful and the moderators don't seem to have any interest in dealing

It's not that moderators don't take interest in those. As much as it pains the moderating team - Jason (the game developer) believes in full freedom of speach. And as much as I personally hate what some people do or say - I must agree that the oposite (creatig "safe spaces" , war on "hate speach") is worse in the long run than what we have now. Just man up and learn to not to be bothered. As some people say: If you're getting hurt by mere words, how are you going to survive bullets during World War Three?

#5 2018-04-21 02:28:02

mulgara

Joriom wrote:

As some people say: If you're getting hurt by mere words, how are you going to survive bullets during World War Three?

Who says that? Are you quoting yourself again? roll

#6 2018-04-21 03:09:44

Alleria

It's 2018. Nobody cares about being called a "racist" anymore. Chinese video gamers are historically one of the most toxic gaming communities, hence the apprehension. I've already encountered a Chinese griefer.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#7 2018-04-21 03:29:26

Joriom
Website

Alleria wrote:

It's 2018. Nobody cares about being called a "racist" anymore. Chinese video gamers are historically one of the most toxic gaming communities, hence the apprehension. I've already encountered a Chinese griefer.

Chinese most toxic? Have you seen Poles, Russians & Brazilians? And I'm saying this as Pole myself.

#8 2018-04-21 03:32:18

teanah

Joriom wrote:
teanah wrote:

I'm sorry that has been your experience on the forum. Some of the stuff people post on these forums is awful and the moderators don't seem to have any interest in dealing

It's not that moderators don't take interest in those. As much as it pains the moderating team - Jason (the game developer) believes in full freedom of speach. And as much as I personally hate what some people do or say - I must agree that the oposite (creatig "safe spaces" , war on "hate speach") is worse in the long run than what we have now. Just man up and learn to not to be bothered. As some people say: If you're getting hurt by mere words, how are you going to survive bullets during World War Three?

Dude. It's a video game forum. Something some of us do to zone out and relax.

Wanting this to be a place where we can share funny stories about how we had a baby while we were on shrooms and named them Tripp, or to talk about efficient farming, or other actually game related content instead of a toxic shithole is hardly making anybody a SJW on a war against free speech.

If people want a place to post racist rants and talk about how Hitler was awesome that's what twitter is for.

#9 2018-04-21 03:38:06

Alleria

Joriom wrote:
Alleria wrote:

Chinese most toxic? Have you seen Poles, Russians & Brazilians? And I'm saying this as Pole myself.

I've played with/in Russian (Guild Wars), Brazilian (WOW) and Chinese (LIF) guilds before. You Euros have nothing on the Chinese...

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#10 2018-04-21 06:49:03

Lum

teanah wrote:

Dude. It's a video game forum. Something some of us do to zone out and relax.

Wanting this to be a place where we can share funny stories about how we had a baby while we were on shrooms and named them Tripp, or to talk about efficient farming, or other actually game related content instead of a toxic shithole is hardly making anybody a SJW on a war against free speech.

Exactly. There's just no excuse for hate speech or politics on this forum or the discord server, and especially not "get used to it jeez".

It's not that hard to think for a second before you come here and write all your great opinions on Hitler, refugees, chinese people or the LGBT community. It really isn't that hard to understand that, even if you have freedom of speech, there is no reason for you to use that to harm people and be inappropriate.

Just talk about the game, you guys.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#11 2018-04-21 07:17:19

pein

SSDarkMoon wrote:

even the poorest city in China still have a higher GDP than some country on the world.

step one: set the gdp higher than USA
step two: determine the salaries from the rest remaining
step three: build empty cities and let people live in poverty
step four: be proud of gdp, profit

hey calm down, nobody criticized chinese quality yet.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer