One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-09 02:18:23

Opedoll

[Childbearing] Toggle Button For Women

There should be a toggle button for women (notice how I didn't say "moms") to allow to give birth to new borns. Not all women are forced to bring children to the world.

Or to make things more realistically, the women who have toggle "OFF" for childbearing can still have a chance of having kids at a low percent. Maybe 20% out of 100%. (IDK. Something like this.) Because the lack of safety sex, and you might never know of some unintentional encounters with a "rogue" male.

My point is women can decide for themselves if they want to spread their leggs or not. LOL

On the plus side, they don't have to waste other people times when logging in as a newborn to find their mother's don't want them. This can also be a great factor into building a more balance population promblem.

***And the most important information of them all, is to control KILLERS or GRIEFERS from being born constantly within the same village.

This will definitely help even though it's a TEMPORARILY fixed situation at the moment for these "Bad People".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe we can toggle this by saying "Baby Off" or "Baby On". (You get the gist.) Or perhaphs use a key toggle by pressing "Shift+(The Plus Sign)" for ON or "Shift+(The Negative Sign) for OFF. That way people won't accidently press any single key letter on their keyboard.

What do you guys think?

PS: Please Help Me Vote this into the top rated on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … for_women/

#2 2018-04-09 08:34:50

llap

Re: [Childbearing] Toggle Button For Women

contraception in that time periode is unrealistically !! so we have to live with it !

llap Olli

#3 2018-04-09 08:46:02

Joriom
Website

And our kids have to die with it !
Somehow I got used to babies dying already. I might even like it now. Ki(n)d of sadistical pleasure hearig that "ugh" sound.

#4 2018-04-09 09:02:29

izak

I think most people given the choice would just turn it off. In the end it'd be bad form not to, because if there's no one to give birth to you then you get to start out as an Eve.

I'm fine with the current system, even if I feel bad about having to ditch my babies in the woods because I'm at a stage I can't even take care of myself.

#5 2018-04-09 11:46:32

Opedoll

izak wrote:

I think most people given the choice would just turn it off. In the end it'd be bad form not to, because if there's no one to give birth to you then you get to start out as an Eve.

I'm fine with the current system, even if I feel bad about having to ditch my babies in the woods because I'm at a stage I can't even take care of myself.

Well I think, either way, people would just abandon the baby or keep them even without the toggle button on their own. It's just a pain having to deal with unwanted babies and wanted.

They would eventually get used to know when's a good time to toggle on and when to toggle off as time goes on through their experience. It might be shaky at first!, but everybody is pretty adaptable at this game. (This game is pretty much how it should be, adapating and learning experience.)

For myself, I've been playing since the first week of March. This game became my addiction till these past few days.

And personally, if it comes to the point where there are more Eve's out there, than that's actually a great thing!

I would love to start my own family line instead of having to been born into one (with a not so good of a last name) espeically those without a family name or into big colonies. (I Dont know why, but I think big colonies means corruption within them. Ive been into a few of myself where I didn't like the community of it.)

I believe part of Jason's idea of the game is to start over and over. Instead of being born into a community where everything is already made for you and your at the point where you don't know what to do. (I think I read that somewhere on here. Don't rely on this statment too much lol)

Plus, new players can learn their way of the game by being born as a Eve in the wilderness or the opposite into a bigger community.(Depending on the people who want to teach them.)

I know there are people out there that won't believe in the system and would just leave the toggle button ON because they feel like every player should have a chance being born and would never touch the Toggle button OFF. This is their choice, compare to other people.

I'm just saying, this is just a choice to add. People can leave it On or Off throughout their entire gameplay.

But in the end, it's all about growing into a stable rich community where YOUR lineage could live on.

*Sorry about the long post lol.

Last edited by Opedoll (2018-04-09 11:57:21)

#6 2018-04-09 12:52:14

pein

Joriom wrote:

And our kids have to die with it !
Somehow I got used to babies dying already. I might even like it now. Ki(n)d of sadistical pleasure hearig that "ugh" sound.

hi, wassup? xD bored at that run i tought i starve at 50

yeah its necessary, to let some die, simple math

todays funniest was when i was setting up small outpost near the lake, i might even wanted to do a cistern there and like 6-8 farm tiles to help people get water in main base, also managed to make 10 milkweeds there and a firewood line signaling the wae

comes a naked kid, i pick up the last carrot i had on the gound, he says "no, help". i kinda realized that he  gonna starve, but then "wtf you do naked in the forest?", he didnt see cause ugggh

he took the pouches, i used them, refilled them and then the other guy complained no one knows about the other farm and they needed the pouches, was a famine. well i was gonna bring it back but then. too busy laughing..

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer