a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-30 15:07:33

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Update: Live from PAX West

QZvugpJ.jpg

I write to you from rainy Seattle.

If you're at PAX West, please stop by and say hello.  I'm in the PAX Rising area, and I've got:

--500 Limited Edition OHOL purchase cards with unique QR codes (on sale for the first time at 25% off for PAX attendees only)

--Mofobert stickers

--Sandara posters

--Diamond Trust of London

6kWXj17.jpg

ExnLVhu.jpg

TXZYbnn.jpg

wJ6EhjG.jpg

The update went out on Wednesday evening, before I left, and it includes several improvements, which I will simply list here:

--Eve window remains open for 8 hours.

--Arc ends if we ever get down below two families.

--The bug causing the apocalypse whiteout to stall has been fixed, so families can easily survive the end of the arc now.

--Fixed a imprecision accumulation in server walk speed code that could potentially allow WASD mods to walk slightly faster.

--You can spend YUM to do hungry work, and you must always have a 5-hunger buffer when doing hungry work (for safety, so you don't starve immediately after).

--After the Eve window closes, babies are distributed to families round-robin, to prevent one family from getting baby starved.

--A new family population log has been added, so I can make nice graphs of families over the arc.

--Pine trees are no longer hungry work (softwood, naturally)

--You can eat carnitas straight.

--You can eat onions and tomatoes straight.

--You can deconstruct the track cart kit.

#2 2019-08-31 07:18:29

Coniculls13
Website

Re: Update: Live from PAX West

Ooh what are those keyboards you've got there in the photo?

You'll know me as Colin - Colin#9391

Two Hours One Life - a curated OHOL server.
Discord:     https://discord.gg/atEgxm7

#3 2019-08-31 09:22:03

Grim_Arbiter

Hope you sell lots of stickers and codes! smile

--Grim
The universe works on a math equation that never even ever really even is in the end. If it inspires our creation, we're on the tip of its tongue, and it is saying "Well, we ain't sure where you stand,
You ain't machines and you ain't land."

#4 2019-09-01 06:57:43

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Keyboards are Ducky One 2 RGB.

Very nice keyboards, but the RGB has 100 Hz PWM, which is easily visible in your peripheral vision as flicker.  It sucks.  So I have the backlights turned off.  The whole point of the RGB was to highlight the available keyboard controls, but I hate flicker... I ended up buying colored key caps to do that instead (the navy blue seen in the picture).

Board footer