One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-19 00:23:28

happynova

Anybody else not seeing ally badges?

This is a weird thing, but I am not seeing the ally badge markers at all.  I didn't even notice it for ages.  I didn't play for a couple of months, and kind of forgot they existed in the meantime.  But the other day I had an altercation with a griefer and I remember thinking, gee, it would be nice to be able to look around and see who my allies are.  Then I watched one of Twisted's videos, saw everybody's ally badges and remembered, oh, right!  That's how that's supposed to work!  But I'm not seeing the things when I play.

I thought it might be the hetuw mod (which I once disdained and now can't seem to play well without, sigh), so I just tried the vanilla game, and it's not showing up there, either.  I asked one of my allies if they could see one on me, and, yep, she saw me with a red diamond.  But I saw nothing on her, or anybody else.  And at least some of my allies were wearing clothes.  (Can't remember now, does it not show up if you have a bare chest, is that something that used to be but was changed?)

I don't think I'm seeing exile marks, either.

Is this just me?

#2 2020-06-19 02:28:23

Zerghaikn

Re: Anybody else not seeing ally badges?

Works for me

#3 2020-06-19 10:20:04

merryllamax

That's weird. I am seeing badges for everyone, except when they not wearing clothes on upper body, as you say.

#4 2020-06-19 12:26:02

wondible

merryllamax wrote:

That's weird. I am seeing badges for everyone, except when they not wearing clothes on upper body, as you say.

Working as intended. It's supposed to look like a badge on your clothing. An exception was made for exile, but generally you need a top to see the badge.

Not really sure about the original issue. Maybe check that your badgeObjects settings files all exist.

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/ … e/settings

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#5 2020-06-19 16:50:45

happynova

Thank you, Wondible!   I wouldn't have known which files to look for, but, sure enough, they weren't there.  How incredibly odd.  Maybe I should try reinstalling the game.

#6 2020-06-19 20:35:28

happynova

OK, the mystery deepens...  I re-downloaded the game and installed it in a new folder, and the badge files were still missing.  I then tried updating the game through Steam -- I hadn't played it through Steam in ages -- and was able to find the badge files in my Steam folder for the game.  Maybe the reason it was working OK for you guys and not for me is you were running it through Steam and I wasn't?  Very strange, either way.  But I'm gonna try playing again and see if it works.

#7 2020-06-19 21:49:11

Arcurus

happynova wrote:

OK, the mystery deepens...  I re-downloaded the game and installed it in a new folder, and the badge files were still missing.  I then tried updating the game through Steam -- I hadn't played it through Steam in ages -- and was able to find the badge files in my Steam folder for the game.  Maybe the reason it was working OK for you guys and not for me is you were running it through Steam and I wasn't?  Very strange, either way.  But I'm gonna try playing again and see if it works.

better mail Jasons about it.... this problem more may have....

Board footer