One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-08 08:08:50

mrbah

visual indicator for pies

I think the Pies need a rework, players have no idea if the pie they are eating is a carrot pie, rabbit pie, berry pie, mutton pie, rabbit carrot pie, berry pie, rabbit berry pie or a carrot berry rabbit pie.

#2 2020-06-08 08:28:42

Tipy

Re: visual indicator for pies

There was a mod that gave them different sprites, not sure if it still works tho

Build bell towers not apocalypse towers

#3 2020-06-08 08:56:27

mrbah

people gotta make informed decisions not everyone will use that mod, i am aware of it though

#4 2020-06-08 09:32:15

pein

without the hetuw, is quite annoying to keep track of foods, I only see the pies that way, sometimes I ask people to share a bite of their speciality pies. I guess your best option is that mod, jason linked all pies to the same sprite.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2020-06-08 09:55:09

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

you can't read? there are these magic letters that spell out what the pie is, it's an amazing feature.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#6 2020-06-08 11:10:04

mrbah

FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

you can't read? there are these magic letters that spell out what the pie is, it's an amazing feature.

That's really useful when you make one carrot berry pie to improve the town's yum and one dude sticks it in his backpack for his trip.

#7 2020-06-08 11:45:18

pein

just how jason always does it, no interface, no layers
I really loved ONI for that, you can find information about a lot of things and see them separately, yet the main screen remains simple

sometimes I like the simplicity, kind of funny how the dung is just put on the shovel and the bell bases on the bell, but oftentimes I wonder why no variety on the looks of the tings

age of empires has like 37 styles of the same buildings, a lot of parallel techs which are mostly balanced

not everyone is a genius, once I told a french streamer that he had food in his backpack, he died anyway, he was frustrated with the game and didn't start another life

while it can be hard to get used to things like yum, after a while the game is just too simple, it's like a fake image of the unlimited possibilities and options, the world is boring and useless, there is no goal, all attempts are futile

hard to learn the basics, but that includes kind of everything we got, low tech high tech middle tech, all the same, kinda sad

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2020-06-08 14:41:48

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Without hetuw it's impossible to pick out different pies in a slotbox. It's pretty lazy.

I think the pie should have certain visual indicators that depend on the ingredients in it.

For example:
If a pie has berries it shows a little bit of purple filling sticking out.
If it has carrots it shows a little orange

If it had these markers then we could always tell what kind of pie it is just by looking.

Rabbit and Mutton should have completely different dough looks. Mutton should keep the look it has now, but if it has rabbit it should look different.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

Board footer