One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-29 23:30:21

Karelian

Obscure well claim mechanic

I lived a life where I traveled as a kid around and ended up to a dying village. There was just one old man, who's family owned gate to diesel pump and he wanted me to repopulate village (I was female kid). I waited for the old man to die, but couldn't claim the well. The well just read "Unnamed family well".

Now I've been reading a lot of forums, following the dev updates and playing the game, but in no way it was communicated how I could claim the well site. I tried removing the pump, adding pump back, using kerosene, removing all water from well, adding water back, but the well stayed as Unnamed family well. I don't understand if this was a bug, another player came by and was confused as well.

Does this mean that villages are now tied to a family, and the village is lost when last member of family dies?
The villager told me that a griefer had ruined the village, by abusing AFK leader and new players not knowing how to follow different leader or join posse. This caused food shortage and death to the village.

Well because of being far from home, I decided to try to dig a well closeby for remote village. After digging the well, I was blessed with five boys in a row (maybe don't tie the male/female split to family) and menopause plus kids starving.

#2 2020-05-30 00:05:23

Twisted

Re: Obscure well claim mechanic

That well was actually claimed - it was claimed with a family that didn't have a last name, i.e. an unnamed family. Unnamed families are quite rare but homelands end up being confusing when they happen.

If the well said 'abandoned' then you could have claimed it just by interacting with it. Since the well was already owned by a family, nothing you did would have claimed it.

#3 2020-05-30 01:39:33

pein

Re: Obscure well claim mechanic

happened before

not sure if it's because the last baby was born an hour ago or why, we had a big town and was dead long ago and we couldn't claim it, we made new well there before and maybe hat messed it up

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer