One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-28 05:29:41

Mr meeseeks

For Jason.

Honestly... I no longer have any stake in this game... But I tried to play tonight, and it was abysmal. Not necessarily because of the mechanics, but the players were so uptight, it wasn't fun at all. This game will surely die, and the only hope of reviving it is to bring back griefing. It might already be dead... Idk... I predicted it would happen, but not because of the concept, because of the players. I encourage you to bring griefing back, to an extent, and do another sale on steam.... Just my two cents... People don't want to play with 30 uptight players that get offended by the slightest thing. I likely won't play again.. Food for thought... I won't read any replies.

I'm Mr Meeseeks look at me.

#2 2020-05-28 05:47:26

Lava

Re: For Jason.

Greifing is not going to boost the playerbase buddy. The lack of content and constant restrictions is. The fact that hetuw isn’t widespread is it should be is. Every new player should install hetuw Ohol to enhance and to communicate with others and to zoom out and actually have a view screen while playing.

—————————

Search up Hetuw Ohol on google and follow the steps! (Message for help)

Last edited by Lava (2020-05-28 05:48:03)

#3 2020-05-28 06:53:57

AmberA

Mr meeseeks wrote:

Honestly... I no longer have any stake in this game... But I tried to play tonight, and it was abysmal. Not necessarily because of the mechanics, but the players were so uptight, it wasn't fun at all. This game will surely die, and the only hope of reviving it is to bring back griefing. It might already be dead... Idk... I predicted it would happen, but not because of the concept, because of the players. I encourage you to bring griefing back, to an extent, and do another sale on steam.... Just my two cents... People don't want to play with 30 uptight players that get offended by the slightest thing. I likely won't play again.. Food for thought... I won't read any replies.

Were you the woman in the kitchen that was attacking multiple people with a knife and getting mad because we wouldn't let you do it? You sound like the same person. All she did was complain about Jason and the game dying and how we were all uptight for not letting her attack people. Was that you?

#4 2020-05-28 07:00:52

fug

>the problem with the game is people can't grief.

mxHnceL.jpg

If we were seriously looking at what the issues plaguing the game are it could be broken down in a few simple things.

1). The game is just incredibly stale. If you've played this month, the start of the year, or since the introduction of diesel wells the game is basically the same. Sure there are tweaks here and there but the game has essentially been the same going on nearly a year and a half+ at this point. We're still playing the same game now with just less people (again).

2). We're back to things being meaningless in the sense that anything you do is going to be lost in a day or so. Previously, you could build a town and revive it based on how well or liked the place is but due to the iron nerfs it's never the correct play to ever do so. It's best to loot towns and restart as a fresh Eve and coupling this with how lineages die it's moot to do beautification projects

There's plenty of other things but making a through list on why the game is bad would be more of a waste of time than OP's post.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2020-05-28 10:40:21

JonySky
Website

fug wrote:

>the problem with the game is people can't grief.

If we were seriously looking at what the issues plaguing the game are it could be broken down in a few simple things.

1). The game is just incredibly stale. If you've played this month, the start of the year, or since the introduction of diesel wells the game is basically the same. Sure there are tweaks here and there but the game has essentially been the same going on nearly a year and a half+ at this point. We're still playing the same game now with just less people (again).

2). We're back to things being meaningless in the sense that anything you do is going to be lost in a day or so. Previously, you could build a town and revive it based on how well or liked the place is but due to the iron nerfs it's never the correct play to ever do so. It's best to loot towns and restart as a fresh Eve and coupling this with how lineages die it's moot to do beautification projects

There's plenty of other things but making a through list on why the game is bad would be more of a waste of time than OP's post.

I think exactly the same
we are losing an average of 4 players a month ...
keeping in mind that the game needs a minimum of players (races and abilities) by the end of 2020 this game will be unplayable

#6 2020-05-28 10:40:52

pein

The game is same as before but it should be better by now.

Griefing was never fun fr both sides, killing was fun when it was skill-based. at least noob griefers were easy to kill.

The content was sliced and diced into races and some of them are weird to even make like tattoos need saltwater and cow piss needs a leaf. They are not essential so they never get made.

The part Jason doesn't understand, you won't teach others to make these upgrades, they either know it or not, there is no trading or interaction

Most skill-based activities went out the window,  no horses, no duels, no engine making cause slots.

Meanwhile, people became better at the game, while the new players are very bad still.

Probably just-food is better than before, we got a whole lot of nerfs and optimizations to the rift, every other action is nerfed to the ground.

engine scrapping and removal also bad, generally jason values time and interactions at zero.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2020-05-28 12:19:29

Grim_Arbiter

Jason knows about the drama loss..

But the descriptions by people in this thread show that the playstyle right now might not even support an instant adding of some kind of drama.

I'd rather get it awhile from now, and have him come back to it when there's more to work with. There's like 5 things that I know he probably wants to tackle first.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#8 2020-05-28 12:31:47

Arcurus

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

here's like 5 things that I know he probably wants to tackle first.

which one?

#9 2020-05-28 13:17:07

Spoonwood

JonySky wrote:

keeping in mind that the game needs a minimum of players (races and abilities) by the end of 2020 this game will be unplayable

Race restrictions turn off when a server has 14 or less people on it.  Tool restrictions are not active when you're born on a server with 14 or less people on it.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#10 2020-05-28 13:28:07

testo

I completely agree that the playerbase has gone bananas lately. Entitled people telling everyone what to do, what not to do and calling others names.

There is a high influx of "pros" and "know it all" that just have the game too much figured out, so when the new people try to learn they can´t experiment or try by themselves. No time for screwups baby, gotta study onetech.info before logging in or you are going to get roasted 9/10 times in the game. By your own family.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#11 2020-05-28 13:31:20

Spoonwood

fug wrote:

The game is just incredibly stale. If you've played this month, the start of the year, or since the introduction of diesel wells the game is basically the same.

Diesel wells happened before the temperature overhaul.  So, I wouldn't claim that.

Still, game has probably been basically the same since probably the end of The Rift.

Danish Clinch.

#12 2020-05-28 13:40:07

testo

Today I was born to a humble mom that just had the "luck" to become leader of Bytheway family. No water shortage at all but no kerosene either. Same with food, decent supply for short term but lacking farming and baking. My mom had me 40 tiles east because she was doing her best to figure out how to make a dry deep well give water, and she had already set up the tower and pump beamkit but did not realize she needed a Newcomen core and probably didn´t know what it was or how to craft it. So I went slowly step by step teaching her how to get one and mount it on the well. So far so good, mom was not even using a cart nor horsecart to move stuff around.

What followed was a sad display of fucked up attitude from 3 or 4 people from the town. Entitled pros that started harrasing mom telling her to start giving orders to everyone to make food. One of the girls asked to be followed to become leader. Luckily mom trusted me enough to follow my advice. Another dude stole the cart with the tires I was moving to the well saying "don´t steal our tires" (the tires had been there lying just wasting space). Man were this people fucked up in their mind. Seriously, not only did they start following someone else while calling my mom noob, but they also inmediatly started coming over to the new well we had made, throwing stuff on our face while I was trying to teach mom how the damn thing works. She barely understood why did we have klin there and run a few times back for charcoal. I did my best to let her learn at her own pace but the other guys were just jumping around in horses and boosting their apm by clicking like it was some prolevel electronic game. If we made a charcoal they brought 4 baskets full from the town. If we got a tank they shoved three more there. If mom had trouble figuring out the order of the crafting, no problem, some dude jumped out his horse and fired up the newcomen. 

So yeah after a few cycles mom got kinda bored and just said goodbye and suicided. I went back to the town with the last 3 tanks of water we got (we made like 6/7 total). All cisterns full and water tanks to spare and still nobody baking nor farming. Because you know, our "pros" always know what the other people should be doing and how they should be doing it.

I swear the starting line I read the most in this game is "Stop", followed by "Don´t do x" and "No". And the closing line I see the most is "stfu noob".

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#13 2020-05-28 14:17:46

miskas

I was in there with you testo,  I saw people blaming the leader as inactive and that he had to start issuing orders. People were complaining and all wanted things to go their way.

One-person wanted to destroy my rabbit bait workplace and grow more berries cause 17 beries weren't enough. Another person wanted to place way stone on it to write about how to yum food and, I wanted to keep my workplace. I also saw other people writing staff and be tense. I talked to the berry guy and he left saying after i die he gonna plan berries. I managed to come in terms with the way stone female and found a way for both of our projects to co-exist.

I myself had already lived 2 more lives that people were tense and I was tensed as well.
I got leadership in my last years of life, my one and only order was, people try to co-operate.

I don't know what is it but player interaction is a lot worse these days.
Maybe Vets want to do their thing but they cant cause they have to do the mandatory maintenance staff as most of players cant contribute more that they consume. 
I am guilty of this too, I used to make food and care for the village all my gaming life, the last days I only do what I want to though and don't care about other survival.

Last edited by miskas (2020-05-28 14:30:53)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#14 2020-05-28 14:26:41

Arcurus

miskas wrote:

yea, they just killed a cook, who made some space for beaking bread, they said he was a griefer, maybe he just was quite new? was around him most of time, didnt see him stealing something, sad end...

just saw the workspace in the berries, was still there...

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-28 14:28:34)

#15 2020-05-29 08:43:21

Grim_Arbiter

Arcurus wrote:
Grim_Arbiter wrote:

here's like 5 things that I know he probably wants to tackle first.

which one?

Which one will he tackle first?

If I had to guess maybe the map getting it's final form. He's been vocal about the bands of terrain currently not being ideal. I know it probably bugs more than the others.

But the real answer is probably a wild card that none of us could guess right now.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#16 2020-05-29 09:41:36

pein

I mean I did everything that's possible in this game, and got one of the highest average lifespan scores, basically I never even die of hunger, less than 5% of the games maybe. I still meet this know it all 100 hour players who don't even know what I'm doing and why but spit out bullshit about it.

But that's not surprising, hours don't matter that much, even morti needed explanation of latest mechanics I was abusing.

Then this little hope players who got every clothing and 4 pies in a pack while others are naked and starving but all they do is talk shit and roleplay or walk around judging others while they don't do shit for the hour. Then butthurt noobs who get offended by anything, like you trying to cook some rubber in the oven.

Overall is not much to do, some players want to contribute but you can't send a newbie to get oil to be able to farm afterwards. Dunno, it's a mess nowadays, you rarely get good players working together.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#17 2020-05-29 16:10:09

AmberA

If this was my game, I'd add achievements, that would add so much for us to do and scenarios to play through. You could even crowd source what the achievements are.

#18 2020-05-29 17:28:38

Spoonwood

AmberA wrote:

If this was my game, I'd add achievements, that would add so much for us to do and scenarios to play through. You could even crowd source what the achievements are.

They work.  People play Oxygen Not Included a fair amount of the time for in-game achievements.

Danish Clinch.

#19 2020-05-30 00:20:17

Starknight_One

Spoonwood wrote:
AmberA wrote:

They work.  People play Oxygen Not Included a fair amount of the time for in-game achievements.

Working on Locavore in my current game... as well as Super Sustainable. Might try to sneak Carnivore in there if I ever get a researcher leveled up so I can get the ranching equipment.

#20 2020-05-30 00:35:02

Gomez

I'm working on your content, one life at time settle down bebe cakes. 

I really haven't run into any problems, if I don't like town leadership I raise hell.  Otherwise farm fitness and be leader.  I was like 3 days straight on top 10 fitness being leader can get stale....especially when you expect it.  I got leader at like age 2 one life

Last edited by Gomez (2020-05-30 00:39:27)

#21 2020-05-30 14:52:23

Arcurus

Arcurus wrote:
miskas wrote:

yea, they just killed a cook, who made some space for beaking bread, they said he was a griefer, maybe he just was quite new? was around him most of time, didnt see him stealing something, sad end...

after seeing all this riots over there in America, i do not wonder anymore why we see so much upset people and riots in the game. Poor cook...

Board footer