One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-26 10:40:14

Spoonwood

Some Comments From Others

From today:

Person 1: "He'd see a spike if he removed specialization."

Person 2: "i think so to, now the best he can do is remove weird things he added"

Person 1: "Last large spike was also when he removed something he added.
Before that was ending the rift."

A weeks someone who popped in who doesn't play anymore:

Person 3: "I quit after slots"

Person 3: "I like the concept of not being able to do everything yourself personally, but limiting that even further with races and biomes was just"

I also talked to another person on Twitch yesterday who said that he lost interest after tool slots.

Mekkie who first played on a private server, and then played on bs2 with race/biome restrictions had this to say a few months back:

Mekkie wrote:

By reading this i gather that jason has no intention of ever rolling back the racial restrictions.. which for me is a deal breaker.  I've been waiting around for months hoping they would be removed.. but with this hard stance on them.  Yea no.  Time to uninstall.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2020-05-26 13:13:15

wondible

Re: Some Comments From Others

The alpha players are certainly disenchanted. I've several times seen new and returning players show up the discord and get told to leave and not play the game. Sometimes this is their own conclusion after the new mechanics are described (not in the best light)

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#3 2020-05-26 14:11:17

Crumpaloo

I mean alot of these restrictions were based off community feedback, so really its just all yall's fault for making the feedback to begin with.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#4 2020-05-26 14:18:43

Coconut Fruit

I've quit for some time too not long after race specializations were added, but I came back and the game is really enjoyable now.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#5 2020-05-26 14:53:53

Arcurus

Coconut Fruit wrote:

I've quit for some time too not long after race specializations were added, but I came back and the game is really enjoyable now.

yea its kind of nice, there are some things which could still need some fixing like:

- The complication with homelands
- The complication with iron
- The complication with dropping stuff in different biomes, i think better would be just to forbid pickup, then at least you can move with stuff through it.
- The current Eve placement
- Better ability to overthrow a tyrant who kills his followers.
- The jobrestriction,  for me it does not matter much, since im not that hardcore player, never reach it, but seems to be a big nerf for the vets and is only a nerf, no balancing buff
- lot dead / not useful content which can be brought to life again
- the curse system is broken, instead of fights you have now curse wars to defend against strangers.

Design wise i see the following problem, there is no incentive to take care of your linage other then just for the score, and the game makes it even hard to do so through limiting the incarnations there. Maybe for vets with a score above 45 there could be an option to incarnate in the same family again which would cost 12 of the life counters.

#6 2020-05-26 14:55:26

DestinyCall

Crumpaloo wrote:

I mean alot of these restrictions were based off community feedback, so really its just all yall's fault for making the feedback to begin with.

Yeah, we really should have known better and warned Jason to not do it repeatedly.   He would have listened, as he always does.

Board footer