One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-18 19:15:42

The_Llamacorn

More Characters, And Genetics!

So, I know that Jason is working a lot on glitches and stuff like that that is more important than this, but I just wanna suggest something to do in the future. So right now there are 8 different characters. 4 male and 4 female. What I want is a wider range of hair colour, skin colour etc. Maybe even eye colour? And one thing I would really like to be implemented is GENETICS. This would make a huge difference. Imagine that a village has been isolated for a long time and almost everybody has t.ex. blond hair and light skin. Then, an Eve spawns nearby, or they find another village nearby! I think this would be so cool to add so that babies don't just have random skin colours and hair colours, but instead, they'll look like their mothers!
Again, I know he's working really hard right now but this is something I really want to be added, so put it on your to-do list maybe?

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#2 2018-04-18 19:43:12

Zombeh

Re: More Characters, And Genetics!

Yes please! I'd love some more options when it comes to characters, even if only a few. And the idea of genetics is super cool. That'd be awesome to see implemented.

Ever had more than 15 babies in one life? I have.

So many babies.

#3 2018-04-18 19:52:09

thirdplanet

I think the problem with genetics is that it allows for the possibility of phenotypic exclusion... do you really want to introduce racism into this game? We already have griefers and people naming themselves Trump etc, so I think its fair to say that if strict genetic rules were implemented and genetic exclusion were possible, it would become a problem. Right now it can't really be a problem since phenotype is random and when you need offspring, you need offspring -- you can't be picky about what they look like.

It is a cool idea to have something to pass down through generations, but I think that's where the naming feature really shines. Also, in some of my villages, I try to outfit everyone with wool outfits of the same color. I just think we look cool all running around in our family uniform.

Discord: kingbaby // be nice!

#4 2018-04-18 21:59:44

pein

yes we really need like 60 different combinations or some unique things like hairstyle at least or unique clothes, furs should be different color, and a mixed one, and few mixed combination, more paint options, hard to recognize people by their look, once i had half snake shoe and my sis the other half on other leg, made so much easier to identify

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-04-18 22:08:39

Lily

I have to say I have had several people try to kill me in the past because they thought I was someone else, who was griefing or killing people or some such. I had that problem as well, saw someone kill a person and couldn't remember who it was because I didn't see their name, and most people look a lot alike.

#6 2018-04-19 03:33:12

karltown

Yeah, genetics wld be cool. Then you could tell your kids, "You look just like your grandma, but your sister looks more like your uncle." I had a mother who had really light skin but her ma and bro had dark skin. She kept going around saying "I'm adopted!" XD

Every time time you pick a seed carrot a penguin dies.

#7 2018-04-19 03:43:45

Verinon1

Yes please!

#8 2018-04-19 06:19:41

The_Llamacorn

pein wrote:

yes we really need like 60 different combinations or some unique things like hairstyle at least or unique clothes

Yeah, it's a good idea to have different hairstyles, but the same hair clolour. Then everyone wouldn't look exactly alike.

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#9 2018-04-19 08:59:26

Siolfor the Jackal

Even just mixing up the current faces, colours and hairstyles a bit would be neat. Seems like we have something like 6ish player types. Even just randomising the hair styles and colours a bit would help I feel.

#10 2018-04-19 09:22:50

pein

as i know we got the blonde, brown and black chick. mustache, goatee and babyface man

one of my kid told me "yo" so i kept him, initially wanted to abandon as i was too far
called him snoop dog, then the next was white, so i called him eminem, well, became emina, poor boy

always making jokes, as well, like not keeping a white boy once, cause already had a son, told him you are too white, was funny, he understood.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2018-04-19 16:36:25

YAHG

I joke about cheating on my Husband, or that I have kids from three different Men.
I like to tell my Mom that I am gonna be a slut when I grow up ;D

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#12 2018-04-20 14:36:18

Angel Carrillo

This is quite similar about a thread that was talking about genetic mixing, where asexual reproduction would be removed and "sexual" reproduction would be added in. Skim the forums, and if you see a title similar to this one click on it. If it isn't what I'm talking about, keep skimming the forums for similar titles, but the ones who also have genetic ideas. Lots of people are considering this idea in the future.

#13 2018-04-21 15:54:52

Kitaelia

The_Llamacorn wrote:
pein wrote:

yes we really need like 60 different combinations or some unique things like hairstyle at least or unique clothes

Yeah, it's a good idea to have different hairstyles, but the same hair clolour. Then everyone wouldn't look exactly alike.

Agree 100% with this! Even if it's still random and not genetics based.. More shades of skin/hair and more styles/looks would be so fantastic!

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

Board footer