One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-12 03:16:49

pein

New station plans

kk1sx3s.png
Made this during life in the ginger camp, didn't have slots left to use it, but eventually, some people used it
got back second life, added some cisterns, cornfield
spent most of the time with smithing the scrapped engine parts back to steel, made a lot of limestones, covered the nursery, made tons of tools and some Newcomen parts (new core or potential oil distiller)

Learned the hard way that I can't put too close the gates, L shape seems far enough but actually taps out each other, also consumes the shafts so me idiot wasted 3 short shafts until I realized that's the case, it should not consume it just drop it
So I managed to make it. Some people made tacos butt they didn't use this spot for itt, which is quite sad, was optimized for that mostly

Anyway, the new plan is this:
djtw8Bm.jpg
*horse fences one below
The tables are important cause they could lock people in by smashing the gates with mallet near a corner, as it flips sideways, but can hold tools or food

Corn can be inside the fence with the animals, it won't be a problem, only thing is the carrot which should be separated from woolly sheep.

The outer size can be scaled, the inner size is important

5 gates cost 15 shafts, the side ones not necessary, can even be property gate
2 cisterns can be hard without a smith and a horse but you can do it later, also made for no flip but needed by plants anyway, soil can be gathered time to time or compost a bit but water is annoying if you don't have
2 horse parking can be made later
boxes later on the top of the fences, the tables for a cow can be also made later just leave out space
sheep has to be near goose so you can pass egg and goose trough a box, or extra gate
can be flipped if attaching to existing pen

kiln south could produce extra bowls and plates since hot coal foods require a lot of them, probably a bellow for limestone only

fences are faster but of you got adobe, you can make a temporary wall for all animals and later just extend and sort them out
you can use signs as well so the gate won't flip

if anyone else sees these structures, move over the hot coal foods here, way faster to make it

I will try more resilient resources is possible, it could look like this:
CD6qSYp.jpg

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2020-05-12 06:49:51

miskas

Re: New station plans

are you sure that side fences dont auto orient?
You have to build the doors fence before the rest of the fence right?

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#3 2020-05-12 07:20:59

Gomez

Very cool, very efficient, well done.  I'm rarely mess with building and usually just ramshackle together semi-complete ones just to enclose them,  lmao.

Hot food can generate a lot of clutter, it might work.  What's the synergy or rationale with having it in the animal pen?   

I guess for the pigs and the goose it makes sense.  Probably answered my own question there after looking again lmao. I usually tie my hot coals into an egg oven, croc completion, or simmering water  to clean pads and dye red cross apron.  So I do it on the fly by the heath and kitchen or in the dining room.

Typically hot foods can leave a lot of loose ends as if you don't ratio right it's a big mess. It's kind of one of those things you do outside the kitchen where you can find room right now. 

Honestly I started learning hot foods to deal with the bowls that you formerly couldn't remove stuff from other than completing the action, lmao.  So basically just to wash the dishes and reclaim the damn clay bowl.

Last edited by Gomez (2020-05-12 07:31:22)

#4 2020-05-12 08:51:24

Jamie

Pein, True god of this game.

#5 2020-05-12 10:31:30

tocal

Gomez wrote:

Honestly I started learning hot foods to deal with the bowls that you formerly couldn't remove stuff from other than completing the action, lmao.  So basically just to wash the dishes and reclaim the damn clay bowl.

This is why I started mass bread production in Garden town. I had made so much skim milk that I was hogging about 10 bowls filled with cream/butter. Had to empty out some of those bowls.

#6 2020-05-12 14:27:56

pein

people got used to making kitchen but you can't effectively cook other foods inside it, I would prefer ovens without babies, clothes, garbage, bones, laid out plates one per tile and some space to drop a sheep with rope
generally, I just keep moving out food that can't be cooked there

people still mistake sheep and pork meat
also they won't cook the palm kernels or tires, belts, so thatt can be a separate oven

a big space for bowls and plates and later tables would be ideal to do all the new foods which require hot coals

@miskas I just realized after making it that those fences need one down but too lazy to edit it out, since I did it 3 times for other errors
T connections L connections auto orient, so as long as it's an ---- wall, it won't be an issue, IIII walls need to have the gates first
expanding this 1 boh sides would be okay I guess but that would be 11 wide inside, and still need like 5x5? animal pens on sides
that's like 23-25 wide already, I guess it's still more likely than building tables early

you can manage that with placing tables, boxes, cisterns, signs on two sides, they still act as a wall but won't flip the gates

the big issue is that if you put a gate between fences, people can smash with a mallet and remove shaft, then there is no entrance to it and turns diagonal, also ruins the build order, you don't want advanced stuff at first
fence boxes are good, you can start with a fence

the other reason you want the gates first, that you lay out the shape before you make the whole thing so the spacing is correct
quite big setup so better walk 20-30 tiles from the camp

setup.png
another version with an oven. shep pen gets small and a bit harder to pass through the sheep food

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2020-05-12 15:48:30

tocal

@Pein Sheep need more space than ducks, I would take from the duck pen and give to the sheep pen. Also, milking is easier if the two tables are next to each other. Easy to get 3 buckets of milk if the distance between table clicks is smaller.

If possible, I'd have the sheep pen have access to a loom area. Shepherd could pass the wool into a box, which would be picked up by the other side to turn into yarn and eventually fabric at the loom.

Also, I'd maximize wheat/fertilizer/berrie&carrots/sheep/kitchen in a way that reduces the distance between the 5 areas.

Otherwise, looks really good.

#8 2020-05-12 17:12:47

pein

yeah it can have 6 more by walling more to right, also it needs a box to pass trough bones to the top

but possibly could be above too then the berries there and wheat on the south side. then right could be a clothing room

I guess the oven could be more to the left, then the wheat could fit

if you always kill naked then its fine

you don't want to give them water, you feed 3 corn, since the time between feeding and milk is same, you get a few seconds on each bucket so it doesn't matter, the gate could be either side just bit asymmetric

the oven wasn't really a point in this since people make ovens early, so this is more like a secondary spot for hot coal-based food, so the sheep really just there for some compost

if anything, you could put oven next to gate and cook some raw mutton for yum

property gates can be chopped down maybe that could be used to make temporary and keep space for final walls

greenprint2big.png

okay, here the berries go from top, wheat from the bottom, shifted the side so the kitchen has access to it

the problematic part is to put the walls sideways, plaster and attach the box on it, before adding the rest of adobe walls, the gate has to be near it to be usable, boxes would block it

all the animals can fit together until extended, the cow pen is easy to make alone in 10 min
NS gates probably easier to make as fence boxes
no much reason to wall up for farms other than the look of it, maybe bear defence
not much reason to access goose from pork pen or sheep pen so boxes between might be better, then the gates can  be built later on
I guess the corners could be stone, then later can be connected with real fences in between, that way only 9+11 stone needs shittons of shafts tho
if the kitchen and the cow pen is done, the south side can be fence or fence box, half of west side covered with the kitchen so 3x6 or 5x6 prop fence sheep pen inside and 3 prop gates would do, the building corners would mark the extension places
the cisterns also important if you don't include a well, I wouldn't put the well inside, with Newcomen stage, already messed up, no need to farm near it

#9 2020-05-12 17:20:54

antking:]#

@ Pein I love the hidden berry munchers

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#10 2020-05-12 19:31:11

pein

x15in9S.png

I put the cow pen way too high now it's a bit weird

went black as brown guy and made them a lot of rubber

Board footer