One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-03 18:08:00

Spoonwood

Well, At Least They Dug Up the Berry Bushes, Right?

Griefing cannot get fixed.

There is no way way to stop destructive players without banning them (and people have a finite amount of money to purchase multiple accounts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeenjsp7eAw

Though, in my opinion, the boar videos demonstrate this better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQ43xyUMro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSRBSylulX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ3t6n69PJg&t=2s

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-05-03 18:09:57)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2020-05-03 18:25:29

Coconut Fruit

Re: Well, At Least They Dug Up the Berry Bushes, Right?

I lived in brown's fam yesterday when it happened, I'm in the video there. I tried to convince my family that they will kill everyone of us, pulled out a knife and tried to kill them, telling my fam to join me. No result, they killed me faster.

There is no chance fighting against an organised group. It never happened in the old killing system times where you actually needed more people than defenders to win a fight like this.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#3 2020-05-03 18:45:39

Legs

You know what would have saved them?
Property fences!

We have the resources we need to stop griefers.
Hide inside a fence your whole life and they can't kill you!

Loco Motion

#4 2020-05-03 18:46:10

Cantface

It's so dumb that you can't solo kill. It's unrealistic af and of no one joins your posse to stop the griefers you're doomed. Solo killing had more murders on average sure but it was easier to deal with killers. Now the system is a clusterfuck of nonsense.

And nobody gets banned in ohol no matter what they do. That's why you get murderers, creepy role players, racist assholes and more. A melting pot of degenerates that are not fun to play with.

Breasticles

#5 2020-05-03 19:35:49

antking:]#

The worst part about a posy is that If it ever gets formed their is a state of utter confusion as everyone tries to get the posy to work (wich It never does)

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#6 2020-05-03 20:41:35

Alontae Balasa

I was Liam. sad I should have known something was wrong when he pulled me off to the side to recruit me. Later, I respawned in the brown town, and heard mass murder. I knew it was him, so I ran as far as I could.

I ask a lot of questions. Thanks for answering them!

.-.. . .- .-. -. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / .-- .. - .... / --- - .... . .-. / ..-. .- -- .. .-.. .. . ...

#7 2020-05-03 20:56:28

BlueCramberry64

The same happened in ginger town yesterday. Four us became the pose to kill the three griefers but for some reason, we couldn't kill them. We ran after them all around town for a good 10 minutes until we got bored. They were able to kill an elder and the whole town united couldn't kill a single griefer. It was so weird and a bit boring. 

I was later born in black family and they came back, again as three outsiders. This time the town was full of new people and I was the only older player. Couldn't do much before getting killed.

I guess they getting Jason lots of money thou, for each new account they get.

#8 2020-05-03 22:21:48

olooopo

First, there exists no evidence or proof that the quote is from Isoroku Yamamoto. Also, why Idi Amin? Is Hitler too mainstream? You call yourself Bobo, but are deliberately wasting your own time on video games trying to get attention from strangers which don't care about you. How will you ever get successful with just that?

#9 2020-05-03 22:57:28

Gomez

Honestly not a new problem, during the rift I started running into organized groups assaulting my hearth.  I taught my children first aid, group fighting and how to make soup!  Talk to your kids teach them about group fighting and defending home.  Make a solid hearth be a boss eve and defend your home.  After repelling solo griefers they started forming groups.  Man the rift at night was a freaking war zone but my hearth held and my children knew I was the boss and kept the big bad wolves away from my fire.

The group pvp mechanics while a bit clunky are actually kinda cool imo. The wicked evolve and so should the villagers.  Just the next step in learning.

#10 2020-05-03 23:06:36

Gomez

Anywho thakns for the funny videos omg, lighten up. You don't even need a larger posse just more meds also spoon.  Defense is king I didn't even see one counter play to griefers with bloody knives.  Sheep will always be slaughtered.  Carrot Sponge still the number one killer but that has been fixed.

#11 2020-05-03 23:23:57

Crumpaloo

The posse system is more to blame then anything here, the fact the majority of the player-base cant successfully defend themselves from a minority of players is pathetic.

In a town population of 20+ it amazes me that while being so outnumbered the griefer party of 3 can STILL kill a entire town against them. Posse system basically gave them invincibility while making our towns fish in a barrel.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#12 2020-05-03 23:52:31

Cantface

I don't even dislike bobo honestly, he's just using the killing system we have which is clearly flawed and easily abused. If he dropped the 'praise bobo' stuff it would be less cringey though.

His point that the posse system won't stop ppl like him is a decent one, clearly it doesn't work as well as it should.

Breasticles

#13 2020-05-03 23:52:53

fug

Blame Jason not wanting to nerf swords.

All other weapons were balanced before due to the stagger time. Jason just couldn't deal with swords being balanced so he gutted the whole original system. Now might makes right and organized trolls will kill everyone and Jason will just give the head nod of approval.

Basically, don't show Jason a problem if you aren't ready for him to completely miss the issue or come to the wrong conclusion. It would have been better to let trolls abuse swords slowly rather than force it and get this dumb system.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#14 2020-05-03 23:53:58

fug

Cantface wrote:

I don't even dislike bobo honestly, he's just using the killing system we have which is clearly flawed and easily abused. If he dropped the 'praise bobo' stuff it would be less cringey though.

His point that the posse system won't stop ppl like him is a decent one, clearly it doesn't work as well as it should.

He's just after the attention. He has zero intention of proving a problem so much as he's just doing it to be a twat.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#15 2020-05-03 23:54:09

DestinyCall

If you were able to kill them, wouldn't they just regroup and come back?   The towns are all pretty close together.

#16 2020-05-04 00:20:56

fug

You'd get the added effect of at least seeing them due to their curse names but yeah, they could just walk back either way.

Whole system is butts.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#17 2020-05-04 00:40:07

Crumpaloo

I mean at-least in solo killing days people were conditioned to always expect a lone stabber, that trained new players to carry knifes and make healing items. Now everyone's gotten so comfortable with the drop of killings that neither new players or old are prepared by the time it happens.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#18 2020-05-04 01:12:22

Cantface

fug wrote:

He's just after the attention. He has zero intention of proving a problem so much as he's just doing it to be a twat.

Oh I know that fug, we all know plenty of twats. Still don't hate him for it because he's using the system we were all given, there's no actual rules being broken here; ohol doesn't have any. The game is the literal definition of a free-for-all pretty much so I can't blame him for using the posse system to his advantage.

He'd still be a solo killer if he was able and probably still use a gang too so no matter what if he doesn't get banned he will be a pain in the ass for everyone, that's just how the game is and it sucks.

Crumpaloo wrote:

I mean at-least in solo killing days people were conditioned to always expect a lone stabber, that trained new players to carry knifes and make healing items. Now everyone's gotten so comfortable with the drop of killings that neither new players or old are prepared by the time it happens.

Exactly this.

Breasticles

#19 2020-05-04 01:21:55

Spoonwood

fug wrote:

Blame Jason not wanting to nerf swords.

All other weapons were balanced before due to the stagger time. Jason just couldn't deal with swords being balanced so he gutted the whole original system. Now might makes right and organized trolls will kill everyone and Jason will just give the head nod of approval.

Basically, don't show Jason a problem if you aren't ready for him to completely miss the issue or come to the wrong conclusion. It would have been better to let trolls abuse swords slowly rather than force it and get this dumb system.

Even if swords had never existed, Bobo could have let loose domestic boars like he did in the last three videos above.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#20 2020-05-04 01:24:59

Cantface

Spoonwood wrote:

Even if swords had never existed, Bobo could have let loose domestic boars like he did in the last three videos above.

And the cherry on top is that he can do this a few times in different lives and then go right back to posse killing, rinse and repeat.

Breasticles

#21 2020-05-04 01:39:20

Coconut Fruit

Spoonwood wrote:

One expert player would be enough to end them very quickly.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#22 2020-05-04 01:54:18

fug

Killing wild animals is simple either way. As soon as you realize someone is doing it you never put down the quiver+ bow again.

Solo killing unfortunately enables """hero""" types who always kill and exclaim that killing is bad. It is really just for the best of everyone to let new people die in these situations.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#23 2020-05-04 02:49:06

wondible

I was in one of the towns Saturday (I think Killian) By the time I figured out who the conspirators were, there weren't enough people left in town to form posse. When they finally went after me I just left. Found a horse in a dead town I was in earlier (wouldn't be surprised if was the gang, they hit at least one other town) Was heading towards gingers when I ran across some other people from my fam, also on horses. It had been a while, so I led them back and there were others already. I guess half the town fled and then came back. A jungle person was there and through several paper rewrites she explained that her town got hit as well.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#24 2020-05-04 02:59:09

Alontae Balasa

wondible wrote:

I was in one of the towns Saturday (I think Killian) By the time I figured out who the conspirators were, there weren't enough people left in town to form posse. When they finally went after me I just left. Found a horse in a dead town I was in earlier (wouldn't be surprised if was the gang, they hit at least one other town) Was heading towards gingers when I ran across some other people from my fam, also on horses. It had been a while, so I led them back and there were others already. I guess half the town fled and then came back. A jungle person was there and through several paper rewrites she explained that her town got hit as well.

That was me. I ran from the brown town that Bobo hit and ended up finding the Kilian town (where I was previously killed by Bobo's gang).

I ask a lot of questions. Thanks for answering them!

.-.. . .- .-. -. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / .-- .. - .... / --- - .... . .-. / ..-. .- -- .. .-.. .. . ...

#25 2020-05-04 07:07:37

ahead

Don't blame the player, blame the game.

Sorry, nothing

Board footer