One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-15 01:19:24

Logos

Karltown tales

for the players who lived in karltown, leave your history here. god save the king of the kings, karl!

Last edited by Logos (2018-04-15 02:36:02)

#2 2018-04-15 02:31:56

nategate2020

Re: Karltown tales

I was alive during the time of Karl (from the tales) and want to share his story:

He was born into a relatively small, but rapidly growing, agricultural village. He was not actually the first Karl you see, as his Great Uncle was also named Karl, and was the son of the Eve who settled there. He was King Karl I, and unfortunately his ventures are lost to the annals of time.

Karl II, shortly after his birth, was apprenticed by Frankie, an efficient and clever hunter, who helped establish Karltown. Karl's mother perished soon after his birth, and he was raised by his Aunt, whose own son was Andy. In time, Frankie gave Karl his knife and his Wolf-skin headgear. The knife was taken from a killer, in the early days of the town. "Protect. Know War and Peace. Know harmony," Frankie cautioned. "Top row is for seeding."

Karl was humble and quiet, spending much of his time loading his cart full of baskets in the morning, heading North, and returning that evening with a cart full of berries. He savored the quiet and relished the danger of the wild. He was satisfied with bringing a basket of fruit to the hard-working laborers and farmers, so that they could focus on their tasks.

Many minutes passed, and before he knew it, Karl was unable to make the long journey North to the Gooseberry fields. He returned instead to the carrot fields, and used his time to refill waterskins for the farmers. In time, he even found Andy, and was delighted to see him alive and well, if not old and wrinkly. The two of them sat at the top of the carrot fields, in the nude and reminiscing.

Alas, in the corner of his screen, Karl saw the words "You are Karl." Endeared and saddened that he had never had any children of his own, he called out, "Bring this Karl to me." The mother brought the young Karl to him. "King," the young mother leaned in and warned, "there is a murderer in the town."

"Follow." Karl commanded.

Karl gave the young Karl III, his second or third cousin, his crown. Karl prepared to hand over his burden, two knives, one of which was responsible for murdering his early family. As he unequipped his backpack, he perished from old age.

I would love to know what happened between King Karl II, later Queen Moon, and then Queen Gaia.

#3 2018-04-15 03:02:10

Logos

sorry for my english im brazilian

I was the young mom of Karl II (or III) and gaia, sadly karl III was murdered just after he was crowned kora killed him with an arrow, so gaia was crowned, gaia ran for her life and i took a knife to kill the muder, i couldn`t do that. she killed me in front of everyone my lasts word were  “take this knife and end with that slaughter“, after that i really don`t know what happend to gaia, before karl my family was responsable to build the walls of the city, almost all walls you saw were made by my family.

in my childhood my mom didn`t feed me but my aunt did. i was planning to kill my mom because of it. luckly i find a knife in the woods so i waited my teeneger years to do start my plan, i was about to take the knife when karl appeared and took it from me he changed this life, i felt his humbleness and this really touched me right before that i started to work and live my life for the growing city, karltown so everything happend.

#4 2018-04-15 13:17:03

karltown

I created an account for the sole reason of telling the tale.
I was Gaia. After she murdered King Karl I snatched the crown, for I would not let her have it. She wanted the crown, clearly, so I took a basket of carrots and fled to the wild. I had two daughters there, neither survived.
When I returned she was still there. I managed to scavenge up a bow and arrow, and chased her around. I lost her, but found her body close to camp. It is presumed she died of hunger.
I had another daughter and named her after the murderer and gave her the clothes, as symbolism. I lived peacefully and had many daughters until at a ripe old age i handed the crown to my eldest, and went to the graveyard to die peacefully.

Every time time you pick a seed carrot a penguin dies.

#5 2018-04-15 13:25:20

karltown

While I'm here, I would like to bring up another subject:
The Cursed Sheep
In another life, back at Karltown, I was a young man who was madly in love with a woman. I had given her clothes and a bundle of indigo, but I wished to do something more for her.
One day, when I was out looking for seeds, I found a domesticated sheep. I quickly abandoned my basket and herded it instead.
I herded for years, as the sheep was far from camp. When I arrived back I presented it to my love. She adored it and called it Sheepy.
She and Sheepy had an indescribable bond.
But before I could herd it into the sheep pen, a young boy took bow in hand and slaughtered it. The sheep gave a muffled scream before collapsing. My love was heartbroken and so was I. He asked for a knife and chopped the poor dear to pieces.
Only seconds later appeared the first bout of what is now known as "The Karltown High", where things glitch in extraordinary ways. This is frequent now, expect it to happen once every life if you are in Karltown.
It is said that when you get a Karltown High, you know that the ghost of Sheepy is passing through.

#6 2018-04-15 17:59:15

Logos

#7 2018-04-15 22:23:45

karltown

Last moments?! What happened to Karltown??

#8 2018-04-15 22:58:03

Logos

Someone stole all the carrots in the food holding, i was out to take some adobes to finish karltown`s cemitery when i came back everyone was saying we are dead instead go look for food, i took a cart to take  wild food but i died on journey i never saw karltown again.

#9 2018-04-16 01:55:33

baibai124

I was in this town!
I didn't know it was called Karltown but i do recognise it.

I was here twice, the first time (before the first bell tower was done), my name was belle and I was crowned queen by my mother after coming of age. I gave the rulership to my daughter (Maggie), who was murdered, then to my grandaughter (Sarah).  died at 57

The scond time I was there, I was a man with no name. The second bell tower was finished. However, during my life, a greifer murdered all the women in town and destroyed the sheep pen. I died there with a bunch of old men wearing some rad blue sweaters

#10 2018-04-16 03:10:33

karltown

baibai, I was your mother! (I was in Karltown a LOT)
I said that Maggie was a cute name, and asked if it was short for Magnolia. Good times. It's sad that Karltown is dead now.

#11 2018-04-18 06:35:46

pein

i was here multiple times, didnt knew it had a name
didnt remember things exactly, forgot names too

first life as girl
i was clothing myself up and discovering the lands, then i seen a young man, probably the only man that age, bringing a horse with lasso
i was still a little girl, full fur, as i  got some gifts, found some and completed the rest myself
i fed this man and told him to wait, i was bringing two straight shafts, and made our very first fence, he could finally put down the horse, told him to feed carrot. "what then?" he asked.We need saddle! i told. "lets build a sheep pen. i was inexperienced but full of energy, started to make the design with filled thrash pit, on the right side below farm. the three adobe walls were there a long time.
I placed walls horizontally fences vertically, 3x4, and a filled thrash pit to block, unfortunately it didnt block small sheep and didnt block in transition sheep, i may have made a mistake in there, so the sheep escaped, but we killed it and made saddle, i put one saddle on horse and run around the city, i gave the other skin to my kid, then asked her to give back to old pal, he tried as well, it was a baby boom, and a small famine, but very friendly run, had so much fun.

i died at almost old age .  very bad design on this, the southern desert was very hot in clothes.

i was walking the sheep back in next lifes, had like 3 short runs one after another, maybe 1-2 suicides in between and a longer run but i respawned there many times. i seen my design failed, especially when someone for symmetrics, placed wells inside the pen, it was only 6 square inside, 3 hidden. and i died multiple times, as no one helped to block the sheep and feed it. then we decided we need another sheep pen. so we started on top right, i had a design in mind but could only make like 8 fences before death, also there was aurora aurora as quen and other guy using the other horse, people killing each other, aurora in crown commanding people on farm

i made two distant fences, to park the horse, gather resources, one top left in small savannah, some soil, like 15 rabbit holes and closeby the green biome for extra wood, and one north exactly above original fence for horse, just below iron biome, where the bears settled

i think i was born once more but someone killed me, then the town was over in few hours

next day i was a third kid of an eve who stumbled upon karltown, as she had many daughters we repopulated, kinda overpopulated the city. i seen the new sheep pen made of the pieces i left on other side, i fixed it, brought berries for them, found a sheer tool in small forging village to the left, found my hidden knifes from other day, cut down all escaped sheeps and fed vilalgers, i had the first white wool shirt in the town!
tried to paint it in my last years but too hot and kids running around i messed up and ended up starving at 57, it was a blue hat or my mom already, i een those items in a youtube video, where a commenter told me it is Karltown

i was the one who devoted many lifes to bring, rebring and contain the sheep. and the small weird V shape adobe walls were a monument to my struggle. now im much better at it, i can build very big functionable sheep pens under a lifetime and bring the sheep. unfortunately the knifes we used to feed citizens turned into murdering tools. this was the town i respawned the msot times, so was very close to my heart.

Last edited by pein (2018-04-18 06:38:30)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#12 2018-04-18 07:27:53

Antarys

Was Karl town on server 2?

#13 2018-04-18 18:37:46

Logos

i don't know how to see what server we are

#14 2018-04-20 01:19:52

baibai124

karltown wrote:

baibai, I was your mother! (I was in Karltown a LOT)
I said that Maggie was a cute name, and asked if it was short for Magnolia. Good times. It's sad that Karltown is dead now.

Hey thats really awesome! nice to see ya again! also speaking about my first play in Karltown, a day or so after that happened, I found a youtube video someone posted that was in Karltown (I knew because I saw myself in the video lol)

#15 2018-04-20 07:36:45

Obi

i was one of Eves daughters that founded this city, she told me "child we've found an amazing spot here" and i had to agree as soon as i saw it... made the first couple of snares at that life and hunted in the NW savannas for poutches and BPs (hadn't noticed yet that there was one just above lol), by second life, the village was still quite small and quiet, born to my niece, I became a smith and made the initial tools needed for carts, exept of the saw, told my nephews to finish the job for I had no time left to make a bow and arrow. From there on things picked up the pace, third time i came the vilage was thriving, a small adobe pen had started bellow farm witch i almost finished after old man died. Next few lifes griefing spree had begun and had to deal with lots of assasinacions carrot uprootings and the like.. saw the first crown that was made and hidden it as soon as i could, for this was still a free town and wanted to remain as such! Wells had begun to sprout like mushrooms... even in the space the pen was! everyone built whatever wherever, really funny stories at this era. Then i came back few days later, and the village was now a full flegged town with multiple bells on construction, kings and queens coming and going foresters farming the western forests and the death.... so much death and mysery, it saddened me a bit to verify what i have accepted to be human nature in its core!

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death
The Lawgiver as spoken by Cornelius in Planet of the Apes

#16 2018-04-20 10:16:11

pein

i started the adobe pen, seen two old guys dieing when i first came, we had most tools, no carts yet so we met, was half fence half adobe, was undestructable almost, exept with shovel, we moved to top right, then someone to left under the bells, but was so hot south, that was the reason we tried move up top right. dunno if i ever reached old age, was like three lifes as guy. we screw around sheep, wanted figure out the pen exploit, was a bad fence, also someone put the wells in it so we moved, could only make like 8 fence kits that life. we made two saddles without containing sheep xD
i found one crown later as far outpost fence making lady, when the killings started, hid two knifes
then i was 3rd person who seen karltown reborn under my  eve mother, as only a dyed hat, i  made the second wool item, a shirt, that was in youtube video, few generations later

maybe you were the one who hid my bowl with the top of adobe wall so i died searching for it xD

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#17 2018-04-20 12:25:40

karltown

Do you still have the link, or the name of, that video? That would be fun to watch for the people who had lived in Karltown.

#18 2018-04-20 15:42:15

pein

Board footer