One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-28 12:14:31

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

I want to apologize

Spoon's latest forum post got me thinking about things a little bit.  Made me think about the things I've done to grief specific people to ruin their game.  Very childish, and an emotional reaction to feeling disrespected.
I'm not doing this because I expect forgiveness, or want to be liked, as you anyone who knows me, I don't care about that stuff.  I can be an asshole in real life and so it naturally would bleed into the games I play (not only OHOL but others as well).
I'm not going to excuse the things I've done.  I have had time to have some personal reflection.  I'm a nurse, once upon a time I was a traveling nurse, would help out nursing homes and hospitals alike.  Sometimes I would be in peds/NICU, sometimes I'd be in geriatrics, other times ICU.  I recently changed my studies to focus on nephrology.  The epidemic that grips our planet right now has really got me thinking...hence the time to reflect.  I'm not perfect.  I'm easily triggered. I'm also Autistic (again not looking to excuse behavior) so I have a tendency to 'obsess' or 'fixate' on something.  I don't want to possibly contract this virus and possibly die and not have the chance to say I'm sorry to the people I have hurt, the ones to whom I've ruined their game.  It was totally selfish and I was looking at it as ME being the one disrespected and how to solve that unpleasant feeling by hurting others. I don't know everyone's name that was involved on server 12, so unfortunately it kind of is a mass apology.

To server 12, I'm sorry.

Also I play on 2hol, my seed is fishy, if you want revenge (I do deserve it), that's my camp.  I won't hold it against you.

Last edited by FishRfriendsnotfood (2020-04-28 12:19:48)

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#2 2020-04-28 12:55:30

MrGold

Re: I want to apologize

It's ok Fish I have done loads of childish things in the past two years but it's good that you can always go back and be a better person ^_^

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#3 2020-04-28 15:11:11

Spoonwood

FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

Also I play on 2hol, my seed is fishy, if you want revenge (I do deserve it), that's my camp.

For the record, people can get banned in 2HOL, so I don't recommend that anyone do this.

That said, I do believe Fish is speaking sincerely.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2020-04-28 15:25:22

Cantface

I really didn't want to join discord JUST to play thol but I'm starting to get hella desperate not going to lie, I think OHOL is just being made more and more unplayable and is definitely not enjoyable anymore. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and join.

This is a Jason game made for Jasons' yes men, there's nothing for me here.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-04-28 15:30:17)

Breasticles

#5 2020-04-28 15:34:47

Crumpaloo

Cantface wrote:

I really didn't want to join discord JUST to play thol but I'm starting to get hella desperate not going to lie, I think OHOL is just being made more and more unplayable and is definitely not enjoyable anymore. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and join.

This is a Jason game made for Jasons' yes men, there's nothing for me here.

Yikes, between this comment, and the people talking about refunds in OHOL discord General chat a week ago, future looking pretty bleak.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#6 2020-04-28 16:16:44

pein

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2020-04-28 16:21:20

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

XD thanks for the laugh.

#8 2020-04-28 19:56:37

Cantface

Crumpaloo wrote:

Yikes, between this comment, and the people talking about refunds in OHOL discord General chat a week ago, future looking pretty bleak.

Yeah the love I once felt for ohol is long gone to the point where I have fanart collecting dust BUT it's alright, finally got my Two hour key and already after one life I feel so much better, lived to 119 and got so many things done. Felt accomplished and had so much fun not being blocked with tool slots, race restrictions and no stupid fences blocking anything in sight, bloody magical. Thol fanart is gonna be my jam now.

Breasticles

#9 2020-04-28 23:23:38

Elsayal

So, what did you do on server 12 ?

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#10 2020-04-28 23:46:55

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Elsayal wrote:

So, what did you do on server 12 ?

If you were one of the ones on server 12 you'd know.   I mean, what do you think I'd apologize for?

#11 2020-04-29 00:41:00

Elsayal

I've heard thing about griefer destroying bases on server 12. That's all.

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#12 2020-04-29 01:12:38

DestinyCall

So what ... you want him to start listing off all the bad things he has done so you can hear all the juicy details?

I think it is enough that he regrets his past griefing.   Best to leave it at that.  No good can come of dwelling on it further.  What's done is done.

#13 2020-04-29 03:21:36

schmloo

Two hours one life is nice for its breathing room. I like challenge, and I’d be down to deal with whatever the hell is going on with ohol at the moment, but there’s no reward because apocalypses can still be made in donkeytown, and towns are doomed to die out anyway, since essentially every aspect apart from talking has been nerfed into the fiery depths of hell. Would be nice to get to the point where society is so advanced, we can manufacture iphones (or equivalent), but at this point it’s better to accept that’s never going to happen now and move on.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#14 2020-04-29 14:31:13

Crumpaloo

Senseofbite wrote:

Actually I've see you around playing and I'm on the discord chat server you actually are one of the worse I'm glad you got ban and I'm not surprised that you are autistic you act like a total retard I'm glad that i don't see you in the game anymore and now the discord chat I've heard alot of people dislike you and i get why now.. you deserve to die from corona honestly

Geez, you make a brand new account on the forums and your first post is this? Give the guy some slack, insulting him and hoping he dies doesnt exactly put you in any better light then what hes in. Also this forum post died like half a week ago why bring it back up?

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#15 2020-04-29 14:42:37

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Crumpaloo wrote:
Senseofbite wrote:

Actually I've see you around playing and I'm on the discord chat server you actually are one of the worse I'm glad you got ban and I'm not surprised that you are autistic you act like a total retard I'm glad that i don't see you in the game anymore and now the discord chat I've heard alot of people dislike you and i get why now.. you deserve to die from corona honestly

Geez, you make a brand new account on the forums and your first post is this? Give the guy some slack, insulting him and hoping he dies doesnt exactly put you in any better light then what hes in. Also this forum post died like half a week ago why bring it back up?

First of all I'm a female. Second of all this is just POST, AGAIN, stalking me.  So yeah, hope you like your ban POST.

#16 2020-05-01 07:52:48

Ruben

FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

Spoon's latest forum post got me thinking about things a little bit.

What

#17 2020-05-02 04:27:22

Morti

Hey, Fish, whoever you are in real life, whatever you are, whatever you do, I appreciate you making this post for it's own sake.

The game is a way for people to communicate with the world via their actions, given the limitations. Every game, every game world, has it's limitations, but every interaction, is, it's own form of a message. Saying GG to another player after a match of Starcraft, teabagging someone in a shooter when you know their camera is looking out of the eyes of their corpse, or stabbing someone and then talking to them while they bleed out for 30 seconds in OHOL, any and all mediums for interaction have their limitations.

The same goes for discord, this forum and even talking to someone while you're standing face-to-face. There is only so much we can do to communicate to each other how we feel; to share the thoughts, perspectives and feelings we have with others. Images carry with them their own messages. Games allow us to put those messages in other people's faces. I don't need to know the exact things you'd done and check them off a list of egregious past experiences I've had with others, because, thanks to this game, the vast majority of wrong is cast immeasurable dim, by the overwhelming luminosity of all the positive experiences. But for what shadows of your past you have dwelled upon, that may have involved me or things I have held dear to me, as a result of our shared experience via this game, or anywhere else for that matter, I forgive you.

There are good reasons we have the ability to make memories.
There are also good reasons to forget events of the past.
They can carry with them a lot of weight.
Weight you don't need, moving on in the future.

Bear in mind, I do not, and can not, speak for everyone.
Some people do not understand the weight, and how the weight moves, from person to person.
I can not take their weight off you or yours off them.
But any weight you may, have put on me, any weight those acts may have placed on you, at any time in the past, consider it dropped.
Like a bag of sand carried through a desert; it does no one any good to hold it or pass it around.
The desert is made, of the sands of the past.
No doubt yours was accumulated, and passed on, from person to person, desert to desert, for quite awhile.
You don't have to hold my sand anymore. Though, something tells me mine is probably not the most significant weight on your shoulders.
May those people forgive you as well.

Good health to you, Fish.
Good health, to us all.

Board footer