One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-24 20:01:46

pein

We can't keep alive a family of 6

Right now is so bad, you can't even keep alive 3-6 people
if they don't yum they just eat a whole berry field and starve within 5 minutes
now my score is a bit higher and I can have 7 slots but it's impossible to keep people alive

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2020-04-24 20:48:55

Arcurus

Re: We can't keep alive a family of 6

sounds like "natural" selection, or actually in this case its not natural, more like magic selection, since changes to berry food happen like magic in this times....

at least there is a chance that a magic changes can happen also to the starving to death time, this could be magically doubled to give some chance for the poor berrie eaters to eat even more berries, so that for sure there is no compost for the poor yum eaters, so that they can join the berry heaven.

or maybe the change was not magic at all, maybe an eve just ate an apple from a snake, so suddenly the paradis berries became normal berries, yea always good to blame the snakes, why not, and honestky who feeds an hole civilisation on berries....

By the way that brough me to an idea, why not let an Eve spawn with some bunch of paradise berry bushes. these paradiese berries renew like anything, but devolve slowly to normal berrie bushes then there would be no need for reducing food value with each generation and people would know the clear difference between berries which would give always 1 (aeh sorry i meant one) food only. and yea carrots would also be donkey food only from beginning...

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-04-24 21:04:24)

#3 2020-04-24 20:58:10

Legs

A reasonable person would say, teach them not to eat berries. Teach the world what berry and carrot and corn is used for. Tell your children that berries and carrots are sheep food only eaten by the most ignorant peasants. Let them know the magic that turns an ear of corn into a bucket of milk, an egg, a cooked goose and a whole stack of pork tacos. With a little bit of doing one fifth of one bowl of water can transform into a yummy meal for five.

Well, I've tried the reasonable approach. It doesn't work. The power of the gooseberry laughs in the face of yum. It's unstoppable, a religion that everyone is fanatically devoted to. Heretics that preach against gooseberry god get cursed and sent to donkey hell for eternity. So keep your mouth shut, yum quietly and enjoy living well while all the idiots starve. You don't have to build civilization, you don't have to carry them on your shoulders. Just let them all starve. That's what a reasonable person would do.

Loco Motion

#4 2020-04-24 20:59:06

Arcurus

By the way that brough me to an idea, why not let an Eve spawn with some bunch of paradise berry bushes. these paradiese berries renew like anything, but devolve slowly to normal berrie bushes then there would be no need for reducing food value with each generation and people would know the clear difference between berries which would give always 1 (aeh sorry i meant one)  food only.... and yea carrots would also be donkey food only from beginning...

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-04-24 21:02:17)

#5 2020-04-24 22:20:03

pein

I ran across to the ginger to take a bow and all the munchers died to a bear. if they don't know already they won't learn it in a life.

the other run we had a second well just 40 away. they still all died when berries run out. told them to make carrot pies, even got them all resources. they just walked around asking for a knife. told them we don't have one and no way to make one at the moment.
funny thing that an old town was just 200 away and if they won't fucking die for 10 minutes then I could of gotten a lot of stuff from there.

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2020-04-24 23:03:51

miskas

I really want to try one thing for late game, fenced berry bushes tongue 

the only way to survive is yum, see it for yourselves. https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9546
Late game you essentially waste food if you eat something Twice!

Last edited by miskas (2020-04-24 23:07:12)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#7 2020-04-24 23:10:56

Coconut Fruit

I just had a weird life. Was born in black's village, pretty dead village, we had only one bucket of water and very little food, not even tools but a few iron ores. When I saw this place at begin I expected a disaster once I become fertile, but things turned out to be completely opposite... There were only 3 people, me, my mom and a guy. Once I started popping kids town's population started growing.
I was advising my kids to eat only yum foods because we had no water. People were making many yum foods and we ended with so many variety, nobody was eating berries, nobody was wasting water for regrowing them, nobody was starving. If people kept playing like this, this town could reborn and become a big place.

Imagine what could we do if we had 2 buckets of water :D (jk, someone brought us a bucket or two of water later, but still that's almost nothing)
Even tho I was pretty lazy this life, we were rekting it.

People just need to learn how to eat different foods and yumming, and things will become easy. Hopefully they will learn it at some point.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#8 2020-04-24 23:17:22

Grim_Arbiter

Im convinced that the hard limit on generations is 50 to 60 now and until a change is made, no family will EVER live past gen 60.

It doesn't matter how much you yum, if theres not enough time to make food before you starve, then your dead.

The food value at those higher gens are insane and even if everyone has 15 to 20 yum it's still not enough.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#9 2020-04-24 23:27:55

Coconut Fruit

Can't agree with you Grim. If everyone had 15 to 20 yum towns could survive for millenniums.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#10 2020-04-24 23:39:13

pein

yeah, fence up berries and eat popcorn, it's like 3 times better

actually you can fedcorn to goose and pig and cow, ad cook the meat and the goose

just this asshole noobs who take away 15 bowls and never return it are so annoying
most towns are out of bowls so can't make enough carnitas and popcorn at a time

#11 2020-04-24 23:59:09

testo

Coconut is right, yum is op. Just top making 4 3x3 berry patches everywhere, thats literally griefing.

Even with low tier/complexity foods (berry, berry bowl, carrot, green beans, corn, popcorn, stew, potato, onion, bread, milk, skim milk, butter bread, rabbit, turkey, broth, carrot pie, rabbit pie, carrot rabbit pie, mutton, mutton pie, carnitas, burrito, omelette, goose) you get over 20 yum. With a knife and buckets. If you use a pouch you get x2 from liquids.

There is enough time to get to file anyways, and if you add 3 wild foods (onion, root and carrot) you can pass 30 yum. Just keep carrot and berry restricted to one bite per life.

If you nerf every food down to 1 pip per bite you still get an average of +8 for each at 16 yum.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#12 2020-04-25 00:40:59

Grim_Arbiter

Im hoping I'm wrong, and everyone shifts to corn, but we'll just have to see at the end of the week if any family makes it over that mark.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#13 2020-04-25 01:43:10

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

I just had a weird life. Was born in black's village, pretty dead village, we had only one bucket of water and very little food, not even tools but a few iron ores. When I saw this place at begin I expected a disaster once I become fertile, but things turned out to be completely opposite... There were only 3 people, me, my mom and a guy. Once I started popping kids town's population started growing.
I was advising my kids to eat only yum foods because we had no water. People were making many yum foods and we ended with so many variety, nobody was eating berries, nobody was wasting water for regrowing them, nobody was starving. If people kept playing like this, this town could reborn and become a big place.

Imagine what could we do if we had 2 buckets of water big_smile (jk, someone brought us a bucket or two of water later, but still that's almost nothing)
Even tho I was pretty lazy this life, we were rekting it.

People just need to learn how to eat different foods and yumming, and things will become easy. Hopefully they will learn it at some point.

And what generation was this?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#14 2020-04-25 17:11:55

Arcurus

maybe the incrarnation logic should be changed acording to your yum chains from last lifes. the less yam you have eaten the less the chance to end up in higher generations

Board footer