One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-21 15:15:17

miskas

We ALL have to YUM Or Die , BUT HOW?

looking at the -5 eat cost food output and efficiency It is clear that any village that is not Yumming is gonna die fast.
From previous measurements,
Any Food that
has lower than 27 food efficiency or his fed duration is not double the time that you need to prepare the food,
IS Bad food source.
(27 food/water efficiency was our operational food efficiency before the food updates).

Screenshot-1.png

Thus Yumming is the No1 rule that every villager needs to abide by.

So the question is, How are we supposed to Force our villagers to YUM?

Do we teach them and really on that they will learn with time?
and if they don't?
Do we make fenced food storage for people we know they yum?
How do we know if people are Yumming?

Last edited by miskas (2020-04-21 15:17:10)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#2 2020-04-21 15:26:32

Dantox

Re: We ALL have to YUM Or Die , BUT HOW?

I like to think if we just tell them the actual importance of yumming they will just adapt to it unless they are too stubborn on the berries or just plain idiots.

I am more worried on actually producing enough varied foods in the early and late game, but it is probably fine i guess since yum shouldnt break now.

make bread, no war

#3 2020-04-21 15:32:02

Spoonwood

Your character will die anyways.  Your village will die out anyways.  You do not have to yum, nor does your village.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2020-04-21 15:34:21

DestinyCall

Yum doesn't break, so we are all yummers now whether we realize it or not.

The solution is education and spreading knowledge about the value of seeking out variety.   

Another key idea is "yum stations".   A dedicated space for variety foods to encourage and support a yum-friendly diet.  Ideally, a yum station will have all flavors of pie, whole and skim milk, turkey slices, stew, turkey broth, bread, bread with butter, and cooked meats available for everyone.   If you have time, add carnitas, omelettes, baked potato and cooked goose.

Specialty-biome foods like saurkraut, ice cream, french fries, or chips and salsa can be added, if you have access.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2020-04-21 15:41:47)

#5 2020-04-21 15:46:34

Coconut Fruit

Too bad we can't kill without a cooldown and a posse. Teaching and preventing would be much easier big_smile

Spoonwood wrote:

Your village will die out anyways.

This is not true. With good people villages and their families could live forever... At least until server is reset, but we shouldn't count that.
Well, maybe not necessary villages since at one point the only reasonable way would be to move on, but with good people even villages would survive extremely long time. Families can live forever. It's a survival game (and a game of parenting and civilization building) and it all depends on players how long they will survive.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#6 2020-04-21 16:01:34

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

This is not true. With good people villages and their families could live forever... At least until server is reset, but we shouldn't count that.

A village that lived forever would require unlimited resources.  Oil in an area is limited, and that limits how much iron and water can get produced, which combined limit the amount of food that can get produced in an area.  So, no, a village can't live forever.

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Families can live forever.

Another update is already planned.  No, they can't live forever.  If we were to compare how long families exist to the age of the Earth, the amount of time that families exist is so small that it's like a few minutes out of a day most.

Coconut Fruit wrote:

It's a survival game (and a game of parenting and civilization building) and it all depends on players how long they will survive.

No, it doesn't all depend on players how long they will survive.  There's a time limit that kills them off no matter what they do.  Death is inevitable, and you're fooling yourself and others when you imply that it all depends on players how long they will survive.

Danish Clinch.

#7 2020-04-21 16:09:22

Coconut Fruit

Btw, skim milk + butter is in the first place on your list. I don't think you should count it like that... Skim milk is equal to milk. And butter is already counted in buttered bread. You can't eat only butter, that's why I think you should remove Skim milk + butter from your list and add only skim milk.

Spoonwood, I meant that families can live forever and not players. It's a survival game of your family but not your character.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#8 2020-04-21 17:46:29

Ilka

#9 2020-04-21 18:03:36

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Spoonwood, I meant that families can live forever and not players. It's a survival game of your family but not your character.

There exist hundreds, if not thousands, of examples of families that have not survived.  There's already an update planned.  All updates kill off lineages.  You say it's a survival game of people's families.  Forever is much, much longer than a period of time of 5,000,000,000 years.  500 hours is 30,000 years.  30,000 / 5,000,000,000 is .000006.  No family has remotely been in the ballpark of living 5,000,000,000 years.

No, no lineage can live forever.

No, it's not a game where survival is possible in the end.

Whatever character you play, that character will die.

Whatever family is alive, that family will die.

In the end, there is no survival in this game.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-04-21 19:28:01)

Danish Clinch.

#10 2020-04-21 18:25:10

miskas

Even if the village has a variety of foods some players and especially farmers don't go to the kitchen to eat different foods but they eat their crops.
We Essentially have to eat a food type more than once only in time of emergency. So eating 6 carrots is a big thing.

Coconut Fruit you are right about butter, I removed it from skim milk and I added skim milk food output and cost to the buttered bread as you cant have buttered bread without skim milk.

Last edited by miskas (2020-04-21 18:26:13)

Food value stats

#11 2020-04-21 19:43:21

pein

miskas, how many functions you use for that table?

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#12 2020-04-21 20:19:46

miskas

pein wrote:

miskas, how many functions you use for that table?

for the Pivot Table, nearly none, I used like 1-2 for formating collum B and the Yum section.
http://prntscr.com/s3jydr

for the Data of worksheet, nearly All are function.
http://prntscr.com/s3k0so
(press ctrl + ` to see them)

Food value stats

#13 2020-04-21 22:30:06

Karrots

Just feed others. When someone else feeds you a not-yum food it won't fuck your yum score. So just eat yum when you can and when you can't have someone else feed you stew or something.

#14 2020-04-21 22:34:57

fug

Karrots wrote:

Just feed others. When someone else feeds you a not-yum food it won't fuck your yum score. So just eat yum when you can and when you can't have someone else feed you stew or something.

Yum chains can't be broken at all so it doesn't matter if you make a 5 chain then eat 20 berries.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#15 2020-04-21 22:50:52

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

I personally hate it with a vengeance when someone feeds me.  I already have my next yum food in mind dang it, let's not feed people unless they are helpless babies.  I do appreciate AFK is practically none existent.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#16 2020-04-21 23:33:11

pein

why so complex? cause you calculate tool usage and stuff?

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#17 2020-04-22 07:55:30

miskas

pein wrote:

why so complex? cause you calculate tool usage and stuff?

Send me a message in OHOL discord group and I will explain to you everything, you will find me as miskas.

Food value stats

Board footer