One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-20 10:45:53

Don Holm

Ideas!!

Books: Creating a book from papers, will allow the player to carry that book on the side of the backpack, that will add an icon for "diary", which the player can open by clicking a book icon next to the health bar, the diary book contains maps coordinated u held, that can be click on for directions, as well the book can be used for making guides!! A guide for agriculture, smith and crafting, laws, etc... What does this leads us to?? A library where all those guidelines are made, which all new players can spend time readying with them or borrowing the book to complete their training.

Fountain: a specialized pump engine can be crafted to create a fountain which works by adding buckets of water into it. It works just like a cistern but adds beauty and the idea of gardens to the town.

Pruning: You will be able to prune domesticated trees, to dwarf them, or to change their shape to triangles/rectangles/circles, which also serves the purpose of adding gardens.

Benches: Add benches to sit on as a way to "rest". This rest statue will slow down the hunger process and gives u time to chat with someone, maybe for schooling kids/ for chilling in gardens/ or a way to escape starving while waiting for food to be done, when there is a famine.

New biome: Mountains with high altitudes, which means they are so cold and windy, walking there reduces speed, and there is permanent rocks that doesn't allow buildings or cultivation except for "pipes". So what can u find there? A spring with infinite water! You can only obtain water from there in one way, building a pipe network from that spring all the way to your town well, that pipe line will get rusty every ten years, and requires smithing hammer to fix each pipe all the way to the source. This biome is rare and cannot be found easily!

Watering can: Enough watering crops with bowls, and start advancing in technologies!

Change compost: No longer use our edible food for compost!! Compost is decomposed "organic material". Compost is made with material such as leaves, shredded twigs, and kitchen scraps from plants, which means we can use turkey and sheep bones/banana peals/ Tree branches/ and anything which is food waste! Any food waste could be thrown into a pile that could be turned into a compost with the right proportion of ingredients.

Flowers : Add very rare flowers that can exist in each biome, that can dye cloth to a very special color!

Haircuts: Allow us to change our haircuts with a specialized scissors, and add makeup!

Move bones with carts: to move them faster rather than one by one.

Lighter: Move on the primitive way to light fire into more advanced one.

Fireplace: It can be placed on the adobe wall and let the fire last longer, and looks good.

carpets: For coloring the floors of our houses, and gives warm.

Cotton plant: For alternative way to make cloth and carpets.

closet: Can hold bigger amount of cloths

Bed: to rest, same way as the benches.

kitchen faucets: you add it to the wall, and you can add a bucket of water to it, then u can use a bowl on it to take water.

Also buff iron for us to reach this kind of technologies at some point, and have our own houses as well possible.

#2 2020-04-20 11:07:42

pein

Re: Ideas!!

The engine won't support flowing water and I don't think Jason plans to add pipes sadly.
Also, we already have mountain biome just doesn't look as a mountain, but he also uses height to generate the map and the special biomes.

Compost: other than the water use, it's okay, it's supposed to be a cycle that's why you plan ahead and make it, you got some profit on it, it was better when we had a lot of water to gather. Soil conversion is a bit bad so now you make 1 water into 4 bowls of soil, and that soil needs to be watered so it's kinda bad if you make too many. We would need the food to decay and recycle to compost, and that would need a complex system to recycle since each food worth different pips, then that compost would need to be calculated from pips, around 125 pips would convert to a compost pile then you wouldn't lose resources just you would have to make the food again. Bones don't decompose too fast, so that's not a realistic idea, but getting rid of bones would be nice. Some names swapped when people carried them in carts, that's why the change.

Would be fun to have any higher-tech, even if it requires to be inside a building

Beds or benches would need a stamina bar and replace hungry work and slots. Sadly he won't do that.

Same for cosmetic stuff, he won't do that and he won't let us help him.

Haircut won't happen cause the sprites are hand tailored to characters, the positioning is based on the characters so swapping them is impossible, you could technically mix and match them but that is same length to make new ones.

He is kinda lazy and rejects any idea, especially what is not his and what is in other games, and what is not food or warmth related sad

Last edited by pein (2020-04-20 11:09:12)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2020-04-20 11:32:29

Don Holm

pein wrote:

The engine won't support flowing water and I don't think Jason plans to add pipes sadly.
Also, we already have mountain biome just doesn't look as a mountain, but he also uses height to generate the map and the special biomes.

Compost: other than the water use, it's okay, it's supposed to be a cycle that's why you plan ahead and make it, you got some profit on it, it was better when we had a lot of water to gather. Soil conversion is a bit bad so now you make 1 water into 4 bowls of soil, and that soil needs to be watered so it's kinda bad if you make too many. We would need the food to decay and recycle to compost, and that would need a complex system to recycle since each food worth different pips, then that compost would need to be calculated from pips, around 125 pips would convert to a compost pile then you wouldn't lose resources just you would have to make the food again. Bones don't decompose too fast, so that's not a realistic idea, but getting rid of bones would be nice. Some names swapped when people carried them in carts, that's why the change.

Would be fun to have any higher-tech, even if it requires to be inside a building

Beds or benches would need a stamina bar and replace hungry work and slots. Sadly he won't do that.

Same for cosmetic stuff, he won't do that and he won't let us help him.

Haircut won't happen cause the sprites are hand tailored to characters, the positioning is based on the characters so swapping them is impossible, you could technically mix and match them but that is same length to make new ones.

He is kinda lazy and rejects any idea, especially what is not his and what is in other games, and what is not food or warmth related sad

I've seen lot of your suggestions which are brilliant, and yet ignored for some reason, but I made this topic to just throw as much ideas as possible that could push us forward a bit in the game, as the game is going toward failure at this rate. The community is becoming desperate for tech advance and giving up.

#4 2020-04-20 13:20:11

JonySky
Website

ideas, there are many! ... someone is missing to develop them correctly

#5 2020-04-20 14:23:50

Spoonwood

2HOL has cotton plants.

This looked like a straightfoward suggestion post to me until I read this:

Don Holm wrote:

Also buff iron for us to reach this kind of technologies at some point, and have our own houses as well possible.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#6 2020-04-20 18:50:47

pein

he ignores anything I say, or tarr for the matter
we got too many good points and he rather doesn't even answer it big_smile

I would like to see new ideas and convert somehow to fit the game but we don't really get many

he takes it very slow

I like your ideas, some of them was already said, didn't mean as an offense, just some of them won't happen

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2020-04-20 20:58:44

antking:]#

I like the flowers idea, a while back (before the family specialty update) their was some ideas about making some super rare biomes, to create some incentive to trade, and during that time I had an idea about making a rare flower biome in the Jungle Biome, filled with like 10 types of flowers, and you would have to breed these flowers for more flowers, but I ended up not posting that idea.

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#8 2020-04-20 21:31:05

Caprys

animal statues. I would love to have a statue of the glitched out pitbull. I miss that dog.

#9 2020-04-20 21:34:10

Grim_Arbiter

Caprys wrote:

animal statues. I would love to have a statue of the glitched out pitbull. I miss that dog.

That pit shat out another pit from behind it, out of nowhere, and gave me my only ever pitbull death in this game..

Would build his statue.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#10 2020-04-20 22:39:35

x_Raiema_x

Don Holm wrote:

Flowers : Add very rare flowers that can exist in each biome, that can dye cloth to a very special color!

Haircuts: Allow us to change our haircuts with a specialized scissors, and add makeup!

on the note of cosmetics, we could maybe make jewelry out of precious rocks!

I say eyyyyyyy constantly <3

Board footer