One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-19 15:43:13

Jamie

The truth about this game and it's future.

Ok lol

#2 2020-04-19 15:51:30

MrGold

Re: The truth about this game and it's future.

Why.....

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#3 2020-04-19 16:52:27

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

There's going to be even MORE restrictions

I'm excited for my every move to be stonewalled by some annoying as fuck mechanic while Jason laughs and gives us all the finger

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#4 2020-04-19 17:32:46

Ilka

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

There's going to be even MORE restrictions

I'm excited for my every move to be stonewalled by some annoying as fuck mechanic while Jason laughs and gives us all the finger

That will be unless the players rebel. If we adapt, it will allow Jason to further spoil the game in this way.

#5 2020-04-19 18:37:08

DestinyCall

I've starting playing 2HOL and it has reminded me of how much we have lost over the last year.    I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy OHOL without the nerfs.   

If you have never played 2HOL, you can find more information here:  https://twohoursonelife.com/

To join, you will need to download Discord and join the 2HOL discord channel.    Once you agree to the custom server rules, you will be provided a download link for the client.   Then you just launch the 2HOL client to connect to the custom server, instead of Jason's server.    2HOL split off from the main branch a while ago, but they have continued to update and add new content, including stuff that was eventually added to the main game and a lot of completely new stuff, like cheese-making, bee-keeping, and a "water biome" that can be crossed with bridges.    Best of all, no biome restrictions or tool slots.   No homelands/home sickness, property fences, life tokens, meme score and other restrictive nonsense.   

You are born into a village and you can do what you want, build what you want, explore where you want.    If you don't like your town, you can leave and start a new town of your own.    If you want to spend your whole life as a lonely fisherman, you can do that.   If you want to build a car, you can do it.    If you want to make a mutton and cheese sandwich, you can do that too!      It's pretty sweet.   

You also live longer than normal - as the name implies, TWO hours = one life.    So you live for 120 minutes and die of old age at that point.   If you only want to play for half that long, of course, you can always suicide, but the longer lifespan makes tree-planting and oil gathering/engine building and other long projects much easier to accomplish in a single life.   Less time spent getting back to the same family, more time spent playing the game and enjoying yourself.   

I've enjoyed the community and met several really nice people.    Server population is lower than the main server, so sometime you will be born as an Eve or as the only child of an Eve.    But I've also been born into advanced towns with more than six players.     Over all, I've had  great time playing 2HOL this week.

#6 2020-04-19 18:53:42

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

Less time spent getting back to the same family, more time spent playing the game and enjoying yourself.

From what I've heard on the main OHOL discord from someone else who has liked 2HOL much better, there's also a way to chain lives playing the same spot also without living to old age.  At least for when that's an enjoyable way to play.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2020-04-19 19:08:23

DestinyCall

Have you tried 2HOL, Spoonwood?     It might be an enjoyable experience for you.  It is offers more player freedom and creativity.    Sadly, no birth control or fatherhood yet.   Adding those mechanics is a tricky proposition, especially in a low population setting.   On the plus side, with a longer lifespan and smaller families, you have more time to get acquainted with your children and siblings.    I witnessed my sister teaching her child how to bake pies in my last life.   It was heartwarming.

#8 2020-04-19 19:17:52

dangergirl713

I came back to ohol to check out the dog fetching. Left after trying to find iron in a past life and no one could give me an answer in the game. Got an answer in the forum but it was so complex that I decided to just stop playing. A lot of the rules in this game make no sense that a newbie or even someone returning would never understand and there’s no tutorial or clues. I started playing the mobile game since it doesn’t have the dumb racist rules and there are mechanics to stop grieving in your town. There is actually new content as well and the developers listen to their gaming community. Also, there are more players.

Maybe Jason should add in more adversaries in the game other than hunger and temp so that he can quit messing with them to make the game more challenging. This game is less about creating a civilization or family and more about not starving or figuring out complex rules.

#9 2020-04-19 19:41:45

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

Have you tried 2HOL, Spoonwood?     It might be an enjoyable experience for you.

I haven't.  I've thought about it before and started downloading it, but didn't finish, and the 2 hour thing has been a put off.  If I do play though, I guess I'll just die out early sometimes on purpose.

DestinyCall wrote:

It is offers more player freedom and creativity.    Sadly, no birth control or fatherhood yet.

I thought they talked about having support for Adams at some point.  But, are those just players that start off as adult males and can't be fathers then?  Or do they no longer exist?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#10 2020-04-19 19:51:00

DestinyCall

I don't know.  In the lives that I played, I was born usually born to women with no apparent father.   One time, I was born as an Eve.    I have been playing without looking at the wiki, to see what I can learn entirely in-game, since that is my prefered playstyle.   Most of the core gameplay is classic OHOL.   

I am occassionally surprised by minor quality of life fixes or differences in object decay.   Straw left on the ground will decay very quickly, as it used to do in the main branch.   That was a bit of a shock.    But on the flipside, horses do not run away ... EVER!  It is so so nice, I can't even describe it.   I keep running back to check on my damn horse and he is being a good boi every time.   I want to give him extra carrots just to let him know that his loyal service is appreciated.   The horse flee mechanic has always bothered me, but I would tell myself it was a necessary balance thing that improved the game somehow.   It is not.   

Non-fleeing horse-carts are 100% improvement.

#11 2020-04-20 03:56:16

pein

as I remember 2hol had fathers, basically you had kids and fed them by  picking them up
just it was weird with the object transitions since you were old most of the time

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#12 2020-04-21 00:46:29

WumboJumbo

dangergirl713 wrote:

I started playing the mobile game since it doesn’t have the dumb racist rules and there are mechanics to stop grieving in your town. There is actually new content as well and the developers listen to their gaming community. Also, there are more players.

They will also ban griefers. big_smile

#13 2020-04-21 02:19:24

NiGB0

Spoonwood wrote:

I thought they talked about having support for Adams at some point.  But, are those just players that start off as adult males and can't be fathers then?  Or do they no longer exist?

The last time I played 2HOL was in the start of 2019 or in the end of 2018, but I remeber that adams could have their own children, it was really strange lol.

Eve Gomez

Board footer