One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-14 02:25:03

SockOMG

H E L P I don't know what I'm doing and I'm stuck

I've been wanting to play this game since 2018 but I have a Mac so I was waiting for the Mac version to be released on steam. Welp 2 years is long enough to wait so I did some digging and found out how to purchase the windows version on steam and convert it to the Mac version. I bought the game and followed this link Jason posted back in 2018: http://onehouronelife.com/steamGate/ser … nload_link then I realized oh poop I need to actually play the game once for the link to work. So after downloading xQuartz and Wine I somehow was able to play it for 2 hours. It was lots of fun but I wasn't finished yet. I clicked the link did the stuff so now I have an account email, account key, and a folder with about a million things in it which I'm assuming must be the game.

Basically: How do I launch the game when all I have is a folder?

#2 2020-03-14 02:30:41

TheRubyCart

Re: H E L P I don't know what I'm doing and I'm stuck

I use the downloadable site version, its iin a file, dont worry

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#3 2020-03-14 04:14:45

SockOMG

TheRubyCart wrote:

How do I launch the game with the file? Do I need to download something or is the game supposed to automatically start when I open the file?

#4 2020-03-14 04:47:58

Coconut Fruit

In the game folder there should be a file named onelife.exe or smth like that. Just double click that to run the game.
I mean, I never had Mac so idk.

If everything is working good for u, try to play with a zoom mod, it's much funnier.
Here is the link to hetuw's mod: https://github.com/hetuw/OneLife/releases/
Just download the file, put it in the game folder and run it to play.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#5 2020-03-14 06:30:30

Whatever

There is an unofficial mac version of the game here: https://github.com/Awbz/OneLife/releases
Download the file for the latest version, in this case: OHOL+_v316_macOS.zip
Extract the file, this should make a folder, go into the folder an execute the runnable file, in this case OneLife_v316+.app

#6 2020-03-14 19:47:21

SockOMG

Coconut Fruit wrote:

In the game folder there should be a file named onelife.exe or smth like that. Just double click that to run the game.
I mean, I never had Mac so idk.

If everything is working good for u, try to play with a zoom mod, it's much funnier.
Here is the link to hetuw's mod: https://github.com/hetuw/OneLife/releases/
Just download the file, put it in the game folder and run it to play.

There wasn't one in the folder. I was able to play the game by downloading the windows version and the OneLife.exe file was in there. I opened it with the Wine software I downloaded to play the OneLife Windows steam game once. It works but it is low-key annoying since I wanted to delete Wine and xQuartz from my laptop since they take up so much space and now I can't cuz I need them to play the game.

The real question is why is OneLife.exe not in the Mac download folder??? I opened all the folders and couldn't find it anywhere.

#7 2020-03-14 21:38:36

TheRubyCart

SockOMG wrote:
TheRubyCart wrote:

How do I launch the game with the file? Do I need to download something or is the game supposed to automatically start when I open the file?

if u get update or have the email he sent you saying you downloaded it correct, go to bottom a dn say, download key, click it and you can get the files for the latest version

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#8 2020-03-17 01:59:25

SockOMG

TheRubyCart wrote:
SockOMG wrote:
TheRubyCart wrote:

if u get update or have the email he sent you saying you downloaded it correct, go to bottom a dn say, download key, click it and you can get the files for the latest version

Since I didn't buy the game through this website I never got an email saying I downloaded it correctly and I don't have access to updating my game. I bought the game on steam, used xQuartz and Wine to play it on my MacBook. Then followed the link he posted a while ago to get the Mac version. I have the page with the various methods to download the game (see below) but when I download the Mac application, there is no OneLife.exe in the file. Right now I'm able to play the game by downloading the Windows self-extractor file and clicking on OneLife.exe in that file with Wine. Soooo I'm still using the windows version, ideally I just want the Mac version to work so I can delete Wine and xQuartz from my laptop since I'm running out of space and they take up a ton of space. Thank you!!

OneLife_v217_Windows.exe    Windows self-extractor
WindowsDebugTools.zip    Windows debugging tools
OneLife_v217_IntelMacOSX.dmg    Mac application (10.5 and later, Intel)
OneLife_v217_Linux.tar.gz    Linux binary (built on 32-bit Intel Ubuntu 14.04)
(Requires libsdl1.2 and xclip)
OneLife_Live6_UnixSource.tar.gz    Unix (and Mac/Windows) Source Code (notes)
nudityMod.zip    Mod to remove nudity

#9 2020-03-17 02:29:07

TheRubyCart

SockOMG wrote:
TheRubyCart wrote:
SockOMG wrote:

Since I didn't buy the game through this website I never got an email saying I downloaded it correctly and I don't have access to updating my game. I bought the game on steam, used xQuartz and Wine to play it on my MacBook. Then followed the link he posted a while ago to get the Mac version. I have the page with the various methods to download the game (see below) but when I download the Mac application, there is no OneLife.exe in the file. Right now I'm able to play the game by downloading the Windows self-extractor file and clicking on OneLife.exe in that file with Wine. Soooo I'm still using the windows version, ideally I just want the Mac version to work so I can delete Wine and xQuartz from my laptop since I'm running out of space and they take up a ton of space. Thank you!!

OneLife_v217_Windows.exe    Windows self-extractor
WindowsDebugTools.zip    Windows debugging tools
OneLife_v217_IntelMacOSX.dmg    Mac application (10.5 and later, Intel)
OneLife_v217_Linux.tar.gz    Linux binary (built on 32-bit Intel Ubuntu 14.04)
(Requires libsdl1.2 and xclip)
OneLife_Live6_UnixSource.tar.gz    Unix (and Mac/Windows) Source Code (notes)
nudityMod.zip    Mod to remove nudity

so He doesnt email you for updates?
use your code ya got, itll let you play, btw, gmails can help, you mustve got some, even if u cancelled, there's still some I bet

#10 2020-03-17 05:09:33

Whatever

@SockOMG i already gave you the solution to your problem and you just ignore it, if you bought the game through steam, login with steam here and get your key: http://onehouronelife.com/steamGate/ser … nload_link
than enter the key after you started the game

There is an unofficial mac version of the game here: https://github.com/Awbz/OneLife/releases
Extract the file, this should make a folder, go into the folder an execute the runnable file, in this case OneLife_v316+.app

#11 2020-04-12 06:08:24

SockOMG

Whatever wrote:

@SockOMG i already gave you the solution to your problem and you just ignore it, if you bought the game through steam, login with steam here and get your key: http://onehouronelife.com/steamGate/ser … nload_link
than enter the key after you started the game

I saw your comment and didn't ignore it! I didn't want to play the unofficial version of the game. I did follow that link you most recently included and that I also included in my initial post. The problem isn't that I don't have access to the game, I do but I can't find the OneLife.exe file in the file for Mac. I have a key/code which lets me play the official windows version just fine, but not the Mac version ):

#12 2020-04-12 08:24:43

Elsayal

On Mac (before CATALINA, the game doesn't work on CATALINA), try to locate the file named something like : OneLife_v326

Then double click on it to launch the game smile

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#13 2020-04-12 09:55:07

pein

Listen to Whatever, he is a nice guy. This game is different from others. It's fully portable on windows, so no registry items, no path needed to run it, you can copy-paste and will run anywhere.

Jason stopped updating the Mac version because of the low usage and high maintenance time.

The game is free, you paid for the official server usage. You could play the game free alone or a custom server. But you need a bit of knowledge to do so.

Awbz created a zoom mod, which is just a different executable file. I don't know the Mac architecture either, but I'm sure you got apps or something, think of it as a different app for the same program. So its nothing wrong playing a different version.
Actually Awbz made full versions which are better than the main packages, like has the editor unlocked already and small modifications. it has the official version and a few more files. You can play with or without zooming.

All you need is you 20 letter code and the email you registered with.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer