One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-08 00:03:03

Gogo
Banned

The tale of fallen fence

Not long ago, Jason appeared in gingers town. He built a fence and stored diesen engine there, along with a pump valve.

fence1.jpg

The fence wasn't a long-therm solution, so I built stone walls instead.

fence2.jpg

See that ginger inside? He was locked there, using kero on the car (fortunately not all), while owner wasn't in town. I was black, so I don't know how it happens.

On the next day people was still using the property. Then, the gate falls during my life, so I made new one. I was waiting to see if my kids where capable of owning, but they wasn't even responding to 'hi'. When I was going for iron with an engine, some guy interested in my actions. I explained myself and that we're keeping things there. He said there is no such as 'we', so I proposed (because he was so curious of town goods) I'll give him the gate. He said I should give it to family, I did. Minutes later I started to think about it.

Yes, family needs it, but there are griefers in family. Couple days ago, I saw a guy who took a radio (daniel cells), in front of everyone, from gingers bb room and carried it outside of town. I asked wtf he is doing, no response, so I cursed him. So, I thought we need to keep radio behind the gate (receiver was already there, visible from bb room).

After I gave ownership to fam, the radio was stolen the same way. I catched my daughter on doing it. She was suprised and wanted to kill me xD, I cursed her too.

Because of that, I am SURE that giving gate to whole family is a mistake. See, that guy was right - there is no such as 'we'. There is a collective of family who's working, doing nothing/not so much or griefing in a town. There is also a group, not big, who's making diesels, oil (1% of players bringing it, right?) and radios. These valuable things should be stored and the gate should belong to two types of people:

- someone who you observe for some time, so you know that person is working for town
- someone who knows how to make oil, or radio, and can prove it by explaining it

I'm not saying there won't be failures with this approach, but it will reduce losing valuable stuff.

#2 2020-04-08 00:09:17

DestinyCall

Re: The tale of fallen fence

At times like this, I wish we had a karma system, so finding decent players would be much easier.

#3 2020-04-08 00:14:16

Karrots

It's broken down now. There's a camera a tank of kerosene inside but no trace of your car. Looks like someone was building wings, probably to make it a plane. We have a transmitter, still working on the receiver. Someone left to get niter, though I can't say how successful they were.

#4 2020-04-08 00:38:38

Spoonwood

Gogo wrote:

Not long ago, Jason appeared in gingers town. He built a fence and stored diesen engine there, along with a pump valve.

You didn't show us the town's water source.

Also, I have no clue how the diesel engine got there.  Nor the pump valve.  I'm doubtful that they were made by characters in the game, and without knowing that they got made by players in the game, any claim about engines or pump valves with respect to locking them up, coming out of this is meaningless.

Gogo wrote:

See that ginger inside? He was locked there, using kero on the car (fortunately not all), while owner wasn't in town.

What a waste property fences are!  Had that man not be locked up he could have rode around on that car.  You can call that wasteful all you like, but joy rides aren't done with the purpose of just burning keresone, or at least they have more potential than just burning keresone.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-04-08 00:48:00)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2020-04-08 01:47:55

Gogo
Banned

DestinyCall wrote:

At times like this, I wish we had a karma system, so finding decent players would be much easier.

We can have something similar, but nobody uses it now (I don't mean discord) and I can't discuss this on public. tongue

Karrots wrote:

There's a camera a tank of kerosene inside but no trace of your car. Looks like someone was building wings, probably to make it a plane.

Not mine. But I would like to see another wall inside the property, with locked doors, the car maker could stash the key somewhere and use it when needed.

Then, set up landing strips near worked oil pumps and voila. smile If only things like bow+arrow or whole newcomen core could be carried in tire cart as one thing. hmm

Spoonwood wrote:

without knowing that they got made by players in the game, any claim about engines or pump valves with respect to locking them up, coming out of this is meaningless.

In two scenarios

1. we don't stash engines behind a gate
2. we stash them

in second scenario every town has his own, no need to steal anymore, so it's more respectful for their makers.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-04-08 01:52:22)

#6 2020-04-08 01:53:13

Spoonwood

An engine stashed is just a bunch of used up metal.  It's not doing anything.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2020-04-08 03:32:13

pein

the whole engine stealing is unnecessary and annoying

I built a town for 3-4 lives
they let the bear on it, almost died
I stabilized it
died out eventually
then a white idiot stole the engine, I was lucky I found him and exchanged for upgraded cart

the town had water, contributed to neighbouring places, had cisterns, was a long way to upgrade it and make it nicer, why stealing the engine? it gets stopped off and nobody can claim it as a homeland

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2020-04-08 15:05:40

MistressZues

Gogo wrote:

See that ginger inside? He was locked there, using Kero on the car (fortunately not all), while owner wasn't in town. I was black, so I don't know how it happens.

Hi ginger guy here. I was not locked in there, there was a hole in the wall of the house i got in from an I didn't want you to see where it was so I stood there till you left because I believed you were trying to steal the towns Kero since you kept hanging around at the gate with two empty horse carts. You and the old lady. lol. And I never touched the car.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

Board footer