One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-04 22:34:56

pein

Eves failing to get any mines, moving towns meta

With the one dimensional placement, Eves should look for possible mines then place their well according to it.
That is quite a weird requirement since there are not many spots like that, especially after others found one, they drain the wells in 200x200.

today the black family had none but a random well had 2 veins next to it, where the homelands were almost shared.
I even overlooked it at first cause wasn't where I expected, and checked both sides, a small ice biome covered both of spring spots on the right, left was not even a badland for a long while.

The brown family was 80 240 away NE and they had it right next to them, so the black family was kinda forced 200 away, anything in between was a mix of deserts and small green biomes, not really good for basic branch gathering for the start off, but hinders the later movements of wells and iron mines. A huge desert for a black family right above you and a big green biome with some ponds sounds right no? Not in this case.

It should really be changed to the closest badlands inside the homeland, it's really weird that some get none. I liked the variety and adaptation of random veins, now the map is more generic, you might get 2 veins but if you get none you are pretty much screwed.

During my exploration I found a horse and 2 smaller camps, one died out with plenty of water, no iron, the other was scavenged out by others.

I got a horse and visited the 3 old towns, the gingers ran trough tons of iron, the Bell town had no clothes, buckets or iron tools left, the old brown town had 3 tools, 3 crucibles covered so it needed a bit of work to transport it.

Basically people are moving towns left and right, it isn't a question of civilization building, it's like lottery then who can scavenge more. It's really sad that you basically have to steal from death camps and move to another place which soon becomes a death camp.

Ofc you won't find an engine anywhere, nor buckets or cloths, restarting those cities is impossible.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer