One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-02 05:50:33

DestinyCall

More Mining Equipment Needed

Now that we have family iron mines, why not add some cool new equipment to process all that iron?

The user Nethercrow hosts an awesome private server with a bunch of cool custom stuff designed by him and his friends.

Like a furnace that lasts longer, allowing you to forge more items without re-firing.

obj_80164.png

and a kiln that makes lots of charcoal at once.

obj_80027.png

and a blast furnace that can mass-produce steel by using 10 iron ore, 5 limestone and 5 baskets of coal at a time to get a crucible of liquid steel. This can be poured out into bowls while hot to make 20 steel bars at once.

obj_80267.png

This is the Moelife OneTech.  http://moetech.onehouronelife.cn

It is in Chinese, since most of his users speak Chinese.  You can translate the pages using Google Translate, if the pictures are unclear.   There are a ton of other useful stuff on there too.

And here is a YouTube video that showcases the blast furnace in action:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av828837 … 3268039371

Look at all those iron stacks!    Look at that slot cart!    Look at that cloth backpack.   Man, I wish I spoke Chinese right now.

I think we've had enough nerfs.   Isn't it time for some new content?    I want to feel excited to play OHOL again.

#2 2020-04-02 06:44:04

Dodge

Re: More Mining Equipment Needed

Content is nice but if it's just for the sake of content it's really meh.

Like what would the new furnace do that the other one doesn't?

Use less wood?

But there's already plenty of wood so it doesn't matter to use less wood.

Kindling is basically infinite so why you want to have longer firing time to use less kindling?

No seriously what would the new furnace do that the other doesn't and how would it be interesting to have one over the other?

You make a high tech furnace and it gives you the advantage of ??? and it's interesting because ???

If it's really interesting to have higher tech mining/forging stuff maybe he will add it, but if it's just to look pretty and doesn't make much sense i doubt it.

(of course you could nerf kindling and then having higher tech forging stuff would make more sense but i'm pretty sure you dont like that idea smile )

#3 2020-04-02 07:13:37

DestinyCall

There is no point in talking to you Dodge.   You wouldn't understand me anyways.  The video speaks for itself.

#4 2020-04-02 09:19:36

fug

Tech hasn't moved up for like a year at this point. Small QoL upgrades could really spice up the feeling of large towns or at the very least we'd have some sort of strong division between mid and late game.

Looking at the different onetechs you get a feeling for all these different things the game could have considering what base the game is built on. It feels sort of like we're the dud of all the different versions because where other ohol spin-offs are looking to add as much fun content as possible we're out here doing random things to make the game "interesting."

There are so many actually interesting ways to change the game that aren't just continuous nerfs. Gingers have a special opportunity to actually live a different way than all the families and that's actually interesting. Expanding on that or even changing how other families can live would really give the game some depth because then we wouldn't just feel like the same characters with random restrictions palced on them.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2020-04-02 09:24:59

Roosty knife

That's some really fresh ideas, my friend. Love it.
Hope Jason will listen...

Last edited by Roosty knife (2020-04-02 09:25:20)

Makin' Bacon Burritos.

#6 2020-04-02 10:34:48

Grim_Arbiter

cordy wrote:

Question: Does putting floors and walls down (aka a room) on jungle or desert tiles make the temp cooler? Ty. Or is it still scorching hot?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it makes it a better temperature.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#7 2020-04-02 13:30:53

fug

cordy wrote:

Question: Does putting floors and walls down (aka a room) on jungle or desert tiles make the temp cooler? Ty. Or is it still scorching hot?

Needs to be a completely full room enclosed and all. Buildings lower the temperature whether naked inside or fully dressed as well. Make sure you also don't forget any tiles as that'll render the room as if it wasn't there at all.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#8 2020-04-02 14:27:53

miskas

This slotted cart is the best logistical item I would want for my birthday!

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#9 2020-04-02 14:39:51

pein

anvils could allow different tools and the hammer could be upgraded to a bigger one
if it would be hard to move it then at least we got that bonus over the flat rocks

I wouldn't even mind having the luxury tools moved to an anvil

the required tools early game are the hammer, axe, hoe, shovel, pick
the more luxurious ones are  file, knife, saw, adze, froe, chisel

it would be one extra iron, maybe a tree stump or a log attached to the anvil, it should be still low and shouldn't cover anything

r1LeooR.png

btw when I read the title I thought you mean helmets could give bonus to mining if it wouldn't be so short to pickaxe out all the iron

Last edited by pein (2020-04-02 14:52:40)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2020-04-02 15:40:08

fug

We already have the ultimate miners in game. Tan lineages should basically be farmed for iron considering bananas counteract the hungry work aspect.

Pros:
- Follows real world examples of native peoples being exploited.
- Easiest race to have plentiful food when mining.
- Easy to manage when update comes out.

Cons:
- Tans are a required race meaning they both need to mine and retrieve other jungle resources.
- Racist to force certain skin tone into mining.
- Reduces the amount of viable towns.

Took it for a test run today with the Jijon lineage which worked pretty well. Homelands + iron reworks are goofy.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#11 2020-04-02 17:39:51

Ilka

The forge is cool but ... how many new items did this guy introduce?
If we had at least 1/4 of that I'd be happy.

#12 2020-04-02 18:24:11

DestinyCall

Ilka wrote:

The forge is cool but ... how many new items did this guy introduce?
If we had at least 1/4 of that I'd be happy.

Nethercrow has been working on new content for roughly the same amount of time that Jason has been nerfing OHOL into the ground.   So his custom server has a TON of content compared with the main branch.     Some of it is amazing and belongs in the base game.   Some of it is cool but a little niche or silly and might not fit in vanilla OHOL.    Some of it is pretty far off-theme and most people would either hate it or ignore it (although some people would love it).   And some of the content looks like it is poorly implemented or unbalanced and would probably just end up as dead-content or badly exploited.     

So basically it is a lot like the content we've gotten from Jason over the years.    The main difference is that he is still adding new stuff that does new stuff and adding upgraded versions of existing tech.    We are still woe-fully lacking in core content.    More than one type of backpack.   More than one type of table.   More than one type of oven/kiln/forge.   More storage options.   Better crafting stations.   Other ways to do things as we advance through the tech tree.   Better ways to process ore and mass produce stuff so we can industrialize our towns.  I could keep going for ever, but you get the basic idea.

Instead of doing less and less, slower and slower, I want to be gathering huge stacks of iron and smelting in a big factory and creating car assembly lines and highways between towns.

#13 2020-04-02 18:35:51

Ilka

I would like it too.
And if it's impossible that Jason would add such cool things as there are- backpacks, clothes, hats (shark-shaped cap), even this "carrying pole" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrying_pole
to carry two buckets of water.
Such simple things but so pleasant.

Board footer