One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-03-26 09:23:54

Dodge

Re: Can we finally have finite wild berries, pls?

Spoonwood wrote:

Your attempted analogy is complete horseshit and likely you're incapable of understanding why it makes no sense, or you just hope it will be funny to distract people from trying to think logically on things here.

Your "logic" is based on arguing semantics and nitpicking, nobody cares, as long as it's clear what we are talking about dont need to use the exact correct term that the dictionnary says.

#27 2020-03-26 13:23:58

pein

Dodge wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

If you don't like infinite berries in the wild, you can play by refusing to eat them in any life by your own choice and cursing anyone who tries to feed them to you (which doesn't seem likely to happen anyways).

If you dont like not having a dad just choose a random guy to be your dad and curse him if he refuses to be smile #spoonwoodlogic

oh, that explains a lot, spoondwood is the yandere chick who says 84 times hello while you smithing, then curses and tries to murder you for not wanting to be a father to her kids

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#28 2020-03-26 13:31:51

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Making finite wild berries won't really make this game harder, Spoonwood, but more interesting... More fun.

And you expect me to believe that you're delaying your own fun by refusing to play with a variant as if wild berries were finite by, for example, NOT eating any wild berries or berry pies from wild bushes in a life? 

Again, I don't find what you claim credible.  You would have already been playing with such variants if you had serious knowledge that ending regenerative berries on wild bushes would make the game more fun.

Coconut Fruit wrote:

What are you afraid of, Spoonwood?

That you lack the self-knowledge to understand what you want here, and that you lack the knowledge of what the consequences will be.

Again, you didn't play with such a variant before.  And now that it's clear that you could do so, you STILL refuse to play with such a variant.  If you wanted fun in the game, and having non-regenerative berry bushes leads to a fun state for you, then it follows that you would play as if wild berry bushes were finite.  You do want fun in the game.  You won't play as if wild berry bushes were finite.  So, again, no having non-regenerative berry bushes won't lead to a fun state for you.

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Are you worried it will make you not able to live to 60?

Me personally, no.  But why the hell would you think that my comments were about me personally, when I talked about you?  I don't believe you're being genuine with your question here.

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Eat pies or drink milk instead.

So you expect me to play a food variant by not eating certain foods, but won't even play such a variant yourself?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#29 2020-03-26 13:52:27

Spoonwood

Dodge wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Your attempted analogy is complete horseshit and likely you're incapable of understanding why it makes no sense, or you just hope it will be funny to distract people from trying to think logically on things here.

Your "logic" is based on arguing semantics and nitpicking, nobody cares, as long as it's clear what we are talking about dont need to use the exact correct term that the dictionnary says.

I care about my reasoning.  I exist.  Therefore, it's not the case that nobody cares.

You want more challenge in a game?

Creating challenge is simple.  Figure out how the game works and then make up a variant of that game which increases the challenge.

Living to a certain age feels too easy for you in OHOL and don't want to provoke others into killing you?  Then go release more bears and play near them digging up some spring in some badlands if you want children, make more wild boars and play near them yourself in some area away from peaceful players, or eat a predetermined number of foods of a certain type, or don't eat foods of a certain type at all.  Or play naked and set up camps with kilns and ovens in deserts, tundras, and jungles.  You know enough if not all of the relevant mechanics.

You haven't been playing making such challenges for yourself?

Then you've been either deceiving yourself for a long time that you want more survival challenge, or are knowingly lying to other people that you would find such more interesting.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-03-26 13:55:12)

Danish Clinch.

#30 2020-03-26 14:11:42

Dodge

Spoonwood wrote:
Dodge wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

I care about my reasoning.  I exist.  Therefore, it's not the case that nobody cares.

Yes a great example of spoonwoodlogic: I care, I exist SO nobody cares = untrue

True nitpicking and semantics.

For "everyone" it's obvious that when i say "nobody cares" i dont mean literally "nobody cares", but obviously since it's not 100% literally by the book an exact accurate statement, then you can and will argue about it.

So dumb.

#31 2020-03-26 14:17:39

Elsayal

Dodge,

the all point of Spongewood is to drive thread away from their initial meaning by arguing on things only he cares about. He also tend to make "sausage" quote, which only shows his own lack of interesting content.

Once you understand that, you won't have to read him or respond to him.

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

#32 2020-03-26 14:58:28

Spoonwood

Dodge wrote:

Yes a great example of spoonwoodlogic: I care, I exist SO nobody cares = untrue

True nitpicking and semantics.

Neither focusing on details nor concerning oneself's with semantics make for examples of lacking in logical behavior.  Formal logic requires the most precision of any study on the planet, and thus claims of 'nitpicking' when talking about logical behavior are meaningless.  Lack of an understanding of semantics is destructive to the discipline itself, since truth is a concern, and formal systems where the distinction between truth and falsity collapses are possible.

Dodge wrote:

For "everyone" it's obvious that when i say "nobody cares" i dont mean literally "nobody cares"  but obviously since it's not 100% literally by the book an exact accurate statement, then you can and will argue about it.

If it were obvious to you, then you would have to *know* that such would be the basis of why I argue.

But Dodge, your use of 'nobody' suggests that certain people don't exist when such people do exist.  Thus, you were encouraging delusional thinking with what you wrote.

Danish Clinch.

#33 2020-03-26 15:09:13

Spoonwood

Elsayal wrote:

Dodge,

the all point of Spongewood is to drive thread away from their initial meaning by arguing on things only he cares about.

I'm pretty sure that my initial comments were on topic here.  I don't believe that Elsayal read them.

Elsayal wrote:

He also tend to make "sausage" quote, which only shows his own lack of interesting content.

I use the style that I use, because I try to respond point by point to what gets claimed.  It's the most accurate method I know of how to spot errors and find truths.

Danish Clinch.

#34 2020-03-26 15:49:23

Dodge

Elsayal wrote:

Dodge,

the all point of Spongewood is to drive thread away from their initial meaning by arguing on things only he cares about. He also tend to make "sausage" quote, which only shows his own lack of interesting content.

Once you understand that, you won't have to read him or respond to him.

I know i already ignore most of his posts but a part of me is still delusionnal enough to believe that he can understand why his reasoning is not interesting, compelling etc.

#35 2020-03-26 15:56:23

Ilka

I think we need a zombie apocalypse.
All dead relatives who will not be buried within 10 minutes return as zombies.
Everyone who dies in the wilderness slowly returns to their city.
If a zombie bites you, you turn into a zombie.

Braaaaaain!

#36 2020-03-26 17:20:11

Coconut Fruit

Spoonwood wrote:

That you lack the self-knowledge to understand what you want here, and that you lack the knowledge of what the consequences will be.

Again, you didn't play with such a variant before.  And now that it's clear that you could do so, you STILL refuse to play with such a variant.  If you wanted fun in the game, and having non-regenerative berry bushes leads to a fun state for you, then it follows that you would play as if wild berry bushes were finite.  You do want fun in the game.  You won't play as if wild berry bushes were finite.  So, again, no having non-regenerative berry bushes won't lead to a fun state for you.

Turst me, I'm one of top expert players, furthermore I'm a very smart person, I know exactly what the consequences of this will be. It wouldn't be a challenge to me to play any "variant", but I don't care about roleplaying, I play the game as it is, I'm a very efficient player and I would even use bugs if they made me more efficient... if they were available (just like infinite hatchet bug, I didn't refuse to use it... Tho I waited long time before reporting it just because of my curiosity if anyone would report it... nobody did). Just like infinite hatchet, wild berry bushes look to me like a bug, they are too OP and should be nerfed IMO, and I'm sure it would make the game more interesting, at least for those who don't care about roleplaying.
You call it variant, I call it roleplay.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#37 2020-03-26 18:40:59

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Turst me, I'm one of top expert players, furthermore I'm a very smart person, I know exactly what the consequences of this will be.

No, you're no expert player.  You're just someone who can proclaim such.  And because the game doesn't have expert players, because by design all players die and all lineages die and all structures go to dust. 

And you don't know exactly the consequences, because you don't know how it will affect every single new player or veteran player.

Also, variants happen within the context of what it is in a game.  No player that plays a variant is no longer playing the game.

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Just like infinite hatchet, wild berry bushes look to me like a bug, they are too OP and should be nerfed IMO

You wouldn't even nerf such for your own gameplay.  You expect me to believe that infinite hatchets were overpowered for you, but you wouldn't even take that ability away for yourself when you could have done so many times. 

Coconut Fruit wrote:

I'm sure it would make the game more interesting, at least for those who don't care about roleplaying.
You call it variant, I call it roleplay.

No, you're not smart.  You just used the word 'roleplay' where it has no sense since only eating certain types of food in life is NOT playing any sort of role and eating is individualistic, not social in nature.  Intelligent people try to communicate clearly.  And at the very least you have given up on trying to communicate clearly.

Danish Clinch.

#38 2020-03-26 20:09:27

pein

Spoonwood wrote:

Intelligent people try to communicate clearly.  And at the very least you have given up on trying to communicate clearly.

well, now you are a hypocrite or just admitted you are stupid? big_smile

"No player that plays a variant is no longer playing the game."

This doesn't make any sense grammatically or otherwise. You put random "no"-s in the sentences to flip it around, to confuse others but you even confuse yourself.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#39 2020-03-26 20:29:02

Spoonwood

pein wrote:

well, now you are a hypocrite or just admitted you are stupid?

Neither, I said 'try' pein.

pein wrote:

"No player that plays a variant is no longer playing the game."

This doesn't make any sense grammatically or otherwise.

Every player that plays a variant of game A still plays game A.  Were it the case that such were not the case, then there would have to exist some player who plays a variant of game A, but does not play game A.  But, no such player exists, and thus no player that plays a variant of a game is no longer playing that game.

Danish Clinch.

#40 2020-03-26 21:40:35

testo

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Do you have autism Spoonwood?
Sorry, not trying to insult you, it just came to my mind and now I'm very curious.

I see that comment as incredibly ignorant and inappropiate.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#41 2020-03-26 21:48:40

DestinyCall

I wish the mods would do something about this.   It stopped being entertaining a long time ago and now it is just depressing to watch him spiral out of control.

#42 2020-03-27 00:14:01

Coconut Fruit

Sorry, went too far.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#43 2020-03-27 00:15:06

jasonrohrer
Administrator

In other news, this change is coming this week.

Cactus fruit non-withstanding, long-distance travel will generally require packing food from home...

#44 2020-03-27 02:22:50

Coconut Fruit

jasonrohrer wrote:

In other news, this change is coming this week.

Cactus fruit non-withstanding, long-distance travel will generally require packing food from home...

I'm super happy with this change... Can't wait to play tongue

Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#45 2020-03-27 09:08:37

Elsayal

Coconut Fruit wrote:

I'm super happy with this change... Can't wait to play tongue

With the berries/egg nerf and the iron mining as hungry work coming together, I'm not sure if it will be balanced.
I'm not happy with both changes happening at the same time.

And I must say that I loved infinite wild berries.

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

#46 2020-03-27 10:10:54

voy178

Adding to the fact that water was unfortunately nerfed a few weeks ago (because there were only one town and all the water was a communal effort of everyone on the server not possible to achieve for one family alone), this is going to be hard. The hardest part is to convey the changes to new players who don't follow the forums and still follow archaic soft rules that hasn't been accurate for over a year.

Jason, could you make wildlife reproduce? I mean rabbits respawn, shouldn't other animals with kiddos? We'll have to live off of hunting now more than ever.

#47 2020-03-27 10:40:35

Morti

I'm sure the Eve camps will have absolutely no problems.

#48 2020-03-27 13:53:10

Coconut Fruit

Elsayal wrote:

With the berries/egg nerf and the iron mining as hungry work coming together, I'm not sure if it will be balanced.
I'm not happy with both changes happening at the same time.

I think yumming is the way to go. The more yum foods there is in a town the more iron one could get. With more than 20 yum chain one could bring tons of iron with very little cost.

Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#49 2020-03-27 14:07:07

Elsayal

Coconut Fruit wrote:

I think yumming is the way to go. The more yum foods there is in a town the more iron one could get. With more than 20 yum chain one could bring tons of iron with very little cost.

Indeed : easy in a big town who doesn't critically need iron ; hard on a small village just created who need iron to survive.

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

#50 2020-05-21 16:13:34

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Making finite wild berries won't really make this game harder, Spoonwood, but more interesting... More fun.

WBSteve literally gave up after a few lives of starving after that change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_xZBHJeO8

Also, the change lead to massive amounts of baby abandonment, such as what happened in this lineage: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6131252

Finite resources means a finite amount of stories.  Finite possibilities for stories is boring.  Finite resources thus is boring, because it limits the potential and the amount of stories of a game.

It did not result in more interest or more fun for most players.

Danish Clinch.

Board footer