One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-03-18 22:07:00

Coconut Fruit

Re: There are 28 new piles in this week's update already (aka, DOZENS)

Legs wrote:
Whatever wrote:

Threshed-Wheat piles pls

Maybe we could have a similar system to the dung buckets? Bowls of wheat fill a bucket, buckets fill a box? They do create a lot of clutter on the farm and moving wheat from the farm to the kitchen is a pain.

Piles of straw would also be nice, and complements the grain storage. Something like, straw stacks and using a rope makes the stack into a portable bale.

Piles of straw is unnecessary at all IMO, but bucket of wheat would be very useful (I don't know if this wouldn't be too OP tho), box of wheat would be too much for sure.

And yeah, I would really want to have pile of needles. We often use needles, therefore there are often many of them in towns, making unnecessary mess. So little needle taking whole tile...
Would be nice to have pile of needles next to a sheep pen.

Last edited by Coconut Fruit (2020-03-18 22:07:20)

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#27 2020-03-20 07:43:12

Melea

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Piles of straw is unnecessary at all IMO, but bucket of wheat would be very useful (I don't know if this wouldn't be too OP tho), box of wheat would be too much for sure.

I dunno, I think it'd be nice to make temporary straw bales to easily move multiple sheaves of straw. Sure, you can load some into a cart to move (if there's a cart available), but there's nothing wrong with having a little variety in the game. Some different approaches to achieving the same goals. Why not?

Threshed wheat storage would be amazing. I think better storage and transportation of goods is a cornerstone of being able to specialize - easier for farmers to stock the bakery with grain when it isn't taking up all the bowls and floor space, and easier for someone to be a dedicated baker if they're not having to run back and forth to-and-from the wheat farm for materials...like...a farmer.

Buckets and boxes are a bit weird for wheat storage though. It'd be nice if we had a jute plant harvestable for fiber, similar to milkweed. Harvest jute fiber, work a bunch of fiber on the loom to make burlap, then remove and sew to make a burlap sack that can store some amount of threshed wheat, cleaned dry beans, corn kernels, etc. That'd be awesome.

Also, thirding the needle thing - They do get made in bulk, because various rabbit hunters, accidental picker-uppers, doctors, and the "I just wanna sew this one thing waaaaaaay over here" end up carrying a bunch off to all corners of the map. It's always nice to have 6-10 near the sheep pen so you're pretty much assured to find a needle when you need one later.

#28 2020-03-20 21:31:42

Potjeh

More buildings would be nice to have, so I'd prefer a silo for grain.

#29 2020-03-20 21:48:54

Legs

That was basically my thinking, something like a grain silo. Grains are a staple and having some kind of dedicated storage would be very nice. It would help to streamline the baking process a lot. Same thing with bales of hay. Take a dung bucket and some water, you can make heaps and heaps of compost very easily.

Loco Motion

Board footer