One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-03-15 12:06:34

Ruben

Re: Spoonwood

x_Raiema_x wrote:

Why y'all still replying to him fr? he posts the same three complaints every few days, if y'all stop giving him attention he'll quit lmao

I actually enjoy his clickbait punchline thread titles.

#27 2020-03-15 19:25:14

DestinyCall

Ruben wrote:
x_Raiema_x wrote:

Why y'all still replying to him fr? he posts the same three complaints every few days, if y'all stop giving him attention he'll quit lmao

I actually enjoy his clickbait punchline thread titles.

"Raped by the Machine" was pretty clever, to be honest.

#28 2020-03-15 20:54:46

Jojigirl

I'm honestly confused on why he hasn't been banned yet..

He openly states that he is only here to encourage people to not play or recommend this game. (Ie: Disrupting Jason's livelihood by trying to prevent money going into his pockets.)

#29 2020-03-16 01:48:19

antking:]#

As long as their are players playing OHOL their will be a Wooden Spoon ready to scoop them up, and toss them into the rift

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#30 2020-03-16 02:02:32

Keyin

Jojigirl wrote:

I'm honestly confused on why he hasn't been banned yet..

He openly states that he is only here to encourage people to not play or recommend this game. (Ie: Disrupting Jason's livelihood by trying to prevent money going into his pockets.)

Most people looking at the forum have probably already bought the game. Even so, I don't see why that would be ban-able? He isn't doing anything illegal. Also having as many viewpoints as we can seems important to preventing oversights. Spoonwood has one of the most unique view points and expresses them better than arguably all other people on this forum.

#31 2020-03-16 05:31:29

pein

seriously? he was spamming a topic with his psychological and philosophical views on virtual baby bones value
you can be sentimental, you can be illogical, but that's a whole new level of stupidity
its a game with permadeath and the choice of some dark humour is actually clever, what should it be, people disappear?

if you got any logic or understanding, you see that he is losing every single argument but he just goes on and on

at this point is just rage against Jason, he never swore an oath to do exactly as his trailer is
he tries his best and its still his game, you cannot enforce your opinion on him, especially because he is also going against any suggestion
so it seems to me it's just a childish rage that he can't get his ideas trough, then he goes on the defence when someone points it out

he just repeats himself over and over, parenting, civilization, yum and consent
from any topic goes into these without any logical link between it
its just plain spam at this point
he just shittalks behind a monitor

i might not agree with Jason's decisions, but he still does a lot of work, all those lines of code need expertise and time, so this kind of sabotage is just plain childish and unrespectful

Spoon please stop your aggressive behaviour and try to be positive or just don't spam every single topic

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#32 2020-03-16 12:31:37

Spoonwood

pein wrote:

he was spamming a topic with his psychological and philosophical views on virtual baby bones value

Don't think I said such.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#33 2020-03-16 13:26:41

Spoonwood

pein wrote:

Spoon please stop your aggressive behaviour and try to be positive or just don't spam every single topic

Also, you asking me to be positive is like asking me to lie.  The program promotes bad values, since, again, it has human reproduction, but there is no fatherhood in the game.  And no, I haven't 'been losing' such an argument.  There have existed plenty of people who have said that such is a deficiency.

Danish Clinch.

#34 2020-03-16 14:11:43

Elsayal

No one - except you - have said this is a defiency in a game buddy. And by the way, I think the game promote good values : most of father suck at fatherhood, and women have a bad place in real world.

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

#35 2020-03-16 16:08:27

Spoonwood

Elsayal wrote:

No one - except you - have said this is a defiency in a game buddy. And by the way, I think the game promote good values : most of father suck at fatherhood, and women have a bad place in real world.

1. There's plenty of people you can find saying otherwise if you were to read through these threads: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/searc … rch=Submit

2. The sort of misandry that you demonstrate by generalizing about fathers suggests that this game has bad values.

3. I'm pretty sure that women's life expectancy is longer than men's.  And it's telling that you didn't consider the place of most men in the real world.

Danish Clinch.

#36 2020-03-16 21:34:45

karltown_veteran

Spoonwood wrote:
karltown_veteran wrote:

Tru dat. Spoon is messing with y’all, can’t believe y’all can’t tell when you’re being played.

No.  I say what I believe as best as I can.

mmmmmmhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#37 2020-03-17 10:19:02

Elsayal

Spoonwood wrote:

1. There's plenty of people you can find saying otherwise if you were to read through these threads: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/searc … rch=Submit

Didn't saw the topic you are talking about. Most of the thread here speak about something else, even if the father word was used. So it's just a plain lie.

Spoonwood wrote:

2. The sort of misandry that you demonstrate by generalizing about fathers suggests that this game has bad values.

There is no logical connection between my misandry and the game value. And I still think that this game has good value.

Spoonwood wrote:

3. I'm pretty sure that women's life expectancy is longer than men's.  And it's telling that you didn't consider the place of most men in the real world.

Women have bad place for instance because of salaries, sexual abuses, and note that battered woman are usually women too. So it's not only about the life expectancy.

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

#38 2020-03-17 11:49:30

Karelian

<sage>
Adding ability to make replies with sage-tag would help with attention seeking posts. Sage makes it so that your reply wont bump the topic back on top of the forums.
This allows users to self-policy the forum to certain extend.

So if you disapprove the reason of the forum post, but want to say "This is just a troll, please ignore these posts" you can say it instead of remaining quiet (and your opinion being unheard).

Sage add-on to FluxBB can be found by searching Bumpsage. I won't post links because I'm not sure if they are allowed.

#39 2020-03-17 13:26:40

Spoonwood

Elsayal wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Didn't saw the topic you are talking about. Most of the thread here speak about something else, even if the father word was used. So it's just a plain lie.

Nope.  Two specific examples: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8603 https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6830  There exist more also.

Spoonwood wrote:

Elsayal wrote:

Women ...

Men are victims of violence more often than women.

Danish Clinch.

#40 2020-03-17 14:43:31

Elsayal

I read the first topic you mentionned : you just contiue to lie. I don't see the point of arguing if you are dishonest.

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

#41 2020-03-17 16:09:06

Spoonwood

Elsayal wrote:

I read the first topic you mentionned : you just contiue to lie. I don't see the point of arguing if you are dishonest.

The first link I posted was DestinyCall calling for fatherhood in the game.  From that it follows that lack of fathers is a deficiency in the game.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-03-17 16:13:23)

Danish Clinch.

#42 2020-03-17 18:03:53

pein

yeah he just lies, even to himself

just because people want that feature, it isn't really a deficiency
stop making to sound like as a critical error in the gameplay

as for how realistic is a game, that's completely a design choice, maybe some themes would attract different target groups, but that's plain user preference and not a logical argument, just because some people like to get married in a game for roleplay reasons, forcing every other player to do that wouldn't be a wise choice

We don't have fathers to simplify the spawn mechanics, that's completely fine, nobody wants to be on a waitlist anyway and giving full authority for players to let others join or not could mean that people don't want babies at all so others have to wait to join
also, it would mean that the game focuses mainly on mating

instead of shitting out how offended you are about it, why don't you come up with a solid idea on how to implement a good gameplay reason for it? excessively complicating cosmetical things won't make the game better

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#43 2020-03-17 19:41:54

Saolin

DestinyCall wrote:

https://st.depositphotos.com/1010050/42 … l-fork.jpg

Make the smart choice.     Choose Forkmetal.

Now we just need a cool and popular, new dedicated user to arise by the name of forkmetal  to butt heads with Spoonwood in one mega containment thread, where other users can pop in to spectate, shake their heads in disbelief, and occasionally contribute a minor point to change the trajectory of discussion so it isn't completely circular.

Back to reality though, I think Spoonwood has firmly entrenched himself in the role of devil's advocate for some reason (probably finds it fun on some level). Even though his opinions about the game are very negative, he makes the forum a lot more active lol, and is probably good for the game.

#44 2020-03-17 19:56:14

Spoonwood

pein wrote:

yeah he just lies, even to himself

Not a single instance has got pointed out where I have lied Pein.

pein wrote:

stop making to sound like as a critical error in the gameplay

It is a critical error, because human reproduction should work on the *criteria* of members of two sexes partaking in the reproductive process.

pein wrote:

We don't have fathers to simplify the spawn mechanics, that's completely fine, nobody wants to be on a waitlist anyway and giving full authority for players to let others join or not could mean that people don't want babies at all so others have to wait to join

No, it's not completely fine.  It presents a poor characterization of humanity in the future.  Also, there wouldn't have to exist a waitlist, since more players could spawn as adults or near adults instead of spawning as babies.

pein wrote:

instead of shitting out how offended you are about it, why don't you come up with a solid idea on how to implement a good gameplay reason for it?

Because people shouldn't be playing the game as it stands, because of its misandric treatment of men.

But also, more players starting as adults or near adults would be attractive for gameplay reasons also, if some of them are male characters.

Danish Clinch.

#45 2020-03-17 22:05:44

Elsayal

You're right Saolin, it's good to have a clown.

"I go"
"find"
"ging"

Board footer