One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-14 23:09:19

OneLife Worker

Story: Women Only

i was born in a town and this run since of the new murder mechanic i felt like making a knife. i made a knife as young and ended up being the only one in town with a knife. i started killing men since i didnt wanna grief too much by killing baby producing women. i said it was my mission from god to kill these babies and the women quickly came to accept this. everytime a woman had a boy they knew what was coming for their baby and they accepted it and let me kill it. it actually ended up being kinda productive as we had less mouths to feed. the colony consisted of only women and me the alpha male. one woman made a crown for herself and became the queen. she made me the king since i was the ironfist of the town. i promised to not kill her heir as he would be the only boy in town and take over the crown after her. i taught the boy about my mission and about killing men. as i got older constantly chasing baby boys I one day ran slightly outside the town to kill a boy that searched refuge. i didnt realise i had too low food and starved slightly outside town with the knife. i hope the prince found my knife and carried on my mission.

#2 2018-04-14 23:12:52

Sakkiyn

Re: Story: Women Only

The man hate is strong in this one. A man hating man is the worst and should be first to die.

#3 2018-04-14 23:18:52

Opedoll

HAHA nice! I was the girl in that one... I tried to start a revolution lol by keeping my sons outcasted out of town and building an army. I had three sons. I don't know if they made it. I died sadly.

#4 2018-04-14 23:19:28

OneLife Worker

Sakkiyn wrote:

The man hate is strong in this one. A man hating man is the worst and should be first to die.

only because i didnt want to murder the baby machines

#5 2018-04-14 23:20:10

Sakkiyn

I was born a man in a village once, my mother ignored me and left me to starve. But a kind old man and a nice young boy both fed me berries so that I might live. I left the village as soon as I was able, being an experienced "soul" I lived well as a hermit.

One day an Eve came by with a young boy child, unlike my town she died feeding the young boy. His mother dead and too young to feed himself, I gave him a carrot from my pack, picked him up and took him back to my small hermit farm. I called him boy as his mother had not named him. Later I called him "Caleb, it means dog in the term of faithfulness", as it is a name that I have always admired (movie quote, do you know which movie mountain men?).

I grew old, Caleb was a good worker and lived up to his name in being faithful. We tended my small farm and did not go back to the town of men hater's although it was close.

One day an eve came by with a child. Caleb gave her his clothes and made some for her young boy. I was to die soon but I was proud of my adopted "son", he called me "father" as I had no name either, although I told him it was Jeremiah. Caleb raised his new family, and as I was to die soon I gave him my clothes and said "carry on my son." And I bet he did.

#6 2018-04-14 23:51:29

Verinon1

Males in OHOL just aren’t that useful, which is fine. But the fact that it triggers all the feminist-hating man children just makes me so happy.

#7 2018-04-15 01:50:26

LovelyKisses

Men are very useful in this game. They can go out and get supplies such as rabbit, water, and seeds for women who are mainly tied down due to the fact they are spawning babies. If you find men ineffective in this game, then you are not utilizing them right.

#8 2018-04-15 02:35:57

Opedoll

LovelyKisses wrote:

Men are very useful in this game. They can go out and get supplies such as rabbit, water, and seeds for women who are mainly tied down due to the fact they are spawning babies. If you find men ineffective in this game, then you are not utilizing them right.

I totally agree! I actually find playing as a male is rather fun than to play as a female. You are free to do anything you want without any baby popping out to stop you.

Plus this gives me a break from the "responsibilities" of the camp and the children. Because as a male, I tend to go out into the wilderness and hunt for rabbits, seal, milkweed (if there is none near camp to make clothes)

Whereas, as a female, I tend to find myself stuck in the camp. Doing mostly farming. Since, it's convenient near the newborns.

#9 2018-04-15 03:04:36

fragilityh14

yeah men are crucially important for the division of labor. I mean, if I have three sons in a row I often won't keep the last one in order to preserve the family line. But the men are so much better for hunting and gathering. Having babies is really prohibitive to women accomplishing things. I really don't get the man hatred in the game. [and I don't mean that as a broader comment about society or anything lol]

Anyway in that situation i totally would have ran away into the brush lol. if you leave as a little girl you have a much better chance at getting a good camp going than if you spawn as an eve, esp if you run off with a basket

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#10 2018-04-15 05:33:15

pein

dunno, one run my mom had 7 sons, everything happened quicker. was a great city , the one single girl had 3 daughters and then the famines happened, some players know to play but stressing too much about babies and wont step more than 50 any direction

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2018-04-15 10:04:02

Aname

game not realistic girls are better then men that isnt true game not realistic booooh!!!!

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#12 2018-04-17 08:28:42

YAHG

I always know I am doomed when my Mom sits with me by the fire not working while I grow up.
Usually spams pick ups too, and I can't type long enough to tell her not to.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#13 2018-04-17 08:30:24

Aname

the reason why the most boys become griefersszz

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#14 2018-04-17 14:54:47

fragilityh14

YAHG wrote:

I always know I am doomed when my Mom sits with me by the fire not working while I grow up.
Usually spams pick ups too, and I can't type long enough to tell her not to.

I'm really bad about over coddling the babies, i've had so many die not holding them makes me nervous! Though, usually it's once they can feed themselves and run off to do their own thing.

Generally when I'm a mom I run around foraging and picking milkweed while the kids set up camp- at least if I have an older child that's competent.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer