One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-04 06:10:36

LifeLetters

Book o' Fashion and Design

Submit a page to this lovely book. Show us your lovely outfits, fashion tips, or building design tips, and what makes them so great.

This topic is a collection of all eye-pleasing things OHOL. Please keep in mind that any given post may not fit your tastes; keep unrelated discussion to a minimum!

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The peace we're surrounded by is temporary; prepare yourself for the inevitable.

#2 2020-02-04 06:21:57

LifeLetters

Re: Book o' Fashion and Design

To kick this off;

Contrasting colors, or warm-warm cold-cold combos work wonderfully together with clothing!

Ex: Blue and yellow make wonderful partners, especially with non-decaying clothing.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Sandals are also a fun-to-make and fashionable shoe that doesn't decay! It tends to be unique, too, and goes along wonderfully with any color of clothing, especially with dresses or long skirts.

The peace we're surrounded by is temporary; prepare yourself for the inevitable.

#3 2020-02-04 22:33:19

pein

I'm more of a storage type of person, so my favourite outfit is generally aprons and pants, so I can hold 2 extra units, and of course backpacks, no cloaks
if there are no pants, I go with Newcomen skirts or just loincloths, don't like long dresses covering the pants

for shoes, I like the snake shoes, old boots, fur shoes and seriously hate the wooden shoes, due to the fact that people who make it, cut down a lot of good trees to make those dumb things, they are colder and get lost all the time, the number of wood shoes are just left behind trees and on corpses is too damn high. also quite dumb to cut a whole tree down to make a shoe and leave your town with fewer carts and floors, buckets. distance adds up. seen people making 30 shoes at once. no one used them and eventually, that distance from camp makes harder to get new butt logs.

for hats, I got a few modded hats, right now I got the Arabian hats, which are cool, I like bowlers more than top hats right now cause it covers my whole face, but I used top hats as the better mod most of the times, as it's less common.
even my straw hat as a sombrero looks quite nice.
overall I got low heat in aprons so I prefer to have something warmer, like fur hat which is also modded.
I don't like the vanilla wolf hat cause makes it hard to click my items in the pack.

For colours, the apron is just white or white red, so I prefer matching pants and hats, generally black or red, also cause it's my favourite colours and football team colours. Plus the Akatsuki colours.
I think I made the most aprons in this game and I can be easily recognized by the end of life since I got a full set of clothes and not the fancy shit, the practical one. Sometimes I give away my hat, shoes to kids but I keep my storage options until I'm way too old. Aprons are also good to be able to heal others, and still store a knife or needles. Note to self, don't give aprons to babies, since you can't swap back if they are stabbed so you can't heal them, as toddlers they can run away at least.

When clothing big population, straw hats are easy to make for everyone, especially from wild wheat, also makes a few pies or bread.
Sheepskin for each person is also a good option, at least they aren't naked.  Later you can shear the skins, I always do that, when we got other clothes, or make saddles if we are black, later you might need a few more of it, but it's just better to have full sets around and make some extra fleece. Since I make pens, and smithing a lot, generally I had the first knife always so I supplied the sheepskin and snake shoes, now with tool slots is harder to do so.

The new paintable wool clothes are pretty nice, and I like their design better. I like wool shoes just wouldn't make it myself, there needs no tool to cut white shirt on you into an apron so I do that all the time, I don't like the coloured ones from that, but I like the colour hats or Santa hats.

I dress my kids in 2 colours, if they new babies, then I give all warm things, if they not, then I match 2 clothing with a different one, this makes unique combos, easier to recognize them later in the life.

I give each baby one clothing if we don't have too many, not one kid all. If I'm old, I spread the clothing for the current babies, generally storage for males and warm or fancy stuff for girls. When I go scavenge with a horse, I go naked and come back clothed then repeat.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2020-02-04 23:21:25

Jojigirl

I dress with whatever is available at the time.. If I switch something I have on out, its for whatever will give me the most warmth.. Same goes with making my own clothes..  I don't really go for style.. The "stylish" clothes are cute, just not worth it to me considering you lose warmth.

#5 2020-02-05 00:48:07

Legs

I agree with pein, practical clothing is important. Especially if I don't have a backpack when I'm born I'll always make an apron first. A regular apron with the knife in its pouch is always cool and a good way to discourage people from starting trouble. If possible I prefer a medic vest and knife in the backpack though. It's good for saving lives in a pinch.

If I'm wearing a medic apron I try to match one other red clothing item. Red and yellow can make a stylish fit. Red bowler with white rose, medic apron, yellow reed skirt and matching yellow shoes for example. Or straw hat, medic vest, red bottoms and yellow wooden clogs. I don't hate the clogs as much as some people.

Occasionally, I'll wear a cloak. It's very impractical but with an apron for storage in a wealthy town that has plenty of food it makes a stylish statement. A black cape, apron with knife, blue tophat and skirt with yellow clogs. It's gaudy and makes you look like some kind of magician or hero. The cloak is the single most stylish item.

In primitive towns I prefer fur clothing. It's more efficient and fits the theme better. I go out hunting and come back with a full outfit. It lets people know that I'm capable and an asset to the village. When everyone else is naked, I'm warm and clothed. Wolfskin hats also tend to boost confidence for babies.

Loco Motion

#6 2020-02-05 10:00:53

Lum

I find that specific colors of clothes suit different skin or hair colors (as is often true irl too.) My top picks are yellow/orange clothing for black people. The warm, bright tone on dark skin is very pretty, and this goes for golden crowns as well.
For brown people, I like to see them in green and sometimes yellow as well, it seems to naturally be pretty on them.
Redheads of course should always wear blue. This is true in real life too: orange and blue are complementary colors and look very pleasing together on a person.
Whites don't look good in anything. Their sickly complexion is despicable and their strawlike hair is an offense to god. If you are white, simply strip naked, lie down on the ground and rot. You'll have a better shot at being beautiful in your next reincarnation, maybe.

Last edited by Lum (2020-02-05 10:01:43)

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#7 2020-02-10 22:36:04

Gogo
Banned

Lum wrote:

Whites don't look good in anything.

White shirt + black pants looks elegant on everyone. tongue

I found out black wools clothes looks cool.

ohol.jpg

#8 2020-02-11 13:53:31

karltown_veteran

White shirt and long black skirt / long blue skirt with matching colored bowler with white rose. Elegant but classy, like something a diplomat would wear.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

Board footer