One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-01-30 17:53:46

Gogo
Banned

Re: Family and mechanical connections that contradict each other

Blessings should fixed this, in contradiction to cursing, as + to score.

#27 2020-02-01 05:30:09

Spoonwood

Re: Family and mechanical connections that contradict each other

JonySky wrote:

I have been thinking about the game and I have had some thoughts that I would like to share with you

The game is being cataloged as "a multiplayer breeding and civilization game"
But if you look at the mechanics of the game you will see that it is not so
I explain:

1.- Parenting:

There's more to it, and the game has had longstanding problems in this respect.  There's no way to quickly craft a baby sling as an Eve or later.  I use to just dismiss the people calling for a  baby sling as a bit lazy, but having now thought about things more thoroughly, the lack of one is very serious.  There's basically always existed times when it's been in the player's interest to just not feed children, at least many of them who are otherwise innocence (babies saying something like 'kill' or a racist slur are another matter).  During a population boom and during a huge new player influx like the original Steam release are some examples.  Or women out on horsecarts.  Another has been when being an Eve, as Pein's old notes make clear: http://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4627 and I knew from a suggestion by a Twitch streamer by the name of Timmehexas a while back to make the primary tools, run to find a spot, and not save children until then (he would always say 'sorry baby' on stream).  And it's even worse with the current 4 Eves during an update period on bigserver2 where Eves have motivate to not feed all of their children to a greater extent than possibly ever before, or end up like Eve Pie dying in her twenties because she couldn't keep up with feeding children.  Can you imagine what it's like for new players to just not get fed as an infant?  I remember watching one streamer a while back say 'mom... there's food right here' and thinking that the streamer didn't get it, that the Eve was probably wise for not feeding her as they didn't have a spot to develop a town even.  But really, the game shouldn't motivate players to end up in that situation ever, and the game has basically made it worthwhile for many players to selectively feed their children at best.  That such has gone on this long, well, I think has held back player retention and enjoyment.

Your post probably deserves more attention Jony.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer