One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-27 20:30:16

AmberA

*Suggesion* Naming people rude names is insta curse

I'd suggest the algorithm work something like this:

User says "You are [bad word]" AND it results in a player being named then it instantly gives the rude person a curse. Most likely the name displayed isn't rude but on the backend the input the rude player used is the determining factor.

Bonus points if Jason implements this and players don't know they are being cursed AND extra bonus points if Jason implements this and doesn't tell anyone. This will eventually get rude people filtered out.

Why is this needed?
If you see someone named Fatima, it's very likely someone picked up a baby and named them "Fat". See a bunch of kids all with names starting with U, very likely some jerk relative named them all "Ulgy". See someone named "Niger" then you probably know where that came from...

#2 2020-01-27 20:39:57

Cantface

Re: *Suggesion* Naming people rude names is insta curse

Don't forget Virgin! Once as twins our aunt I think called
us Niger and Virgin we tried to stop it but eh. That life did NOT end well lol. Now I have no-one to twin with because of it. sad There's some real nasty gits out there and the stuff that I've heard I can't even REPEAT it was so vile. People like me have to take a lot of beeaks. Nothing will be done though, Jason doesn't like censorship.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-01-27 20:40:42)

Breasticles

#3 2020-01-27 20:42:15

Amon

Fatima happens to be a very common female name...

Thing is, this won't happen, we already have the name whitelist to do the sorting for us, having some extra mechanic probably won't even happen.
Just curse your mom when you're old enough to utter her name.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#4 2020-01-27 20:50:54

Punkypal

I personally think Jason should take a little action of some type on this, because if I was a gaming reviewer/reporter I'd absolutely eviscerate Jason over the lack of any moderation or censorship of highly offensive material. The is no blocking of people using the N-word. I have found where someone made a giant swastika with road tiles. Things like this should get reported and Jason should be able to look up who did these things. IDK if he can track typed words in the past, but if someone reports "Korman Boots" was using the N-word, Jason should be able to log in as a spectator and follow that player when they are on and monitor them. I've found they don't say it just once. They say it 1000 times until someone stabs them. If Jason is online and gets a notice right now that someone is being offensive, he can go right then and see. It would be in his best interest to ban such players from his servers.

As for someone who builds a swastika, I'm sure he can see what account placed the tiles. That should be a perma ban right there as well. This isn't even a moral issue. If a player doing this is located in Germany or Austria they are actually committing a criminal act. As the creator of the game that makes it possible to make such things and display them to the public, he bears some responsibility in regards to it.

Daily Updated Map of Player Structures: https://bit.ly/2UrfOQ9
Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos
Composting Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgyl9evfhw
Diesel Engine Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA

#5 2020-01-27 21:08:35

Cantface

Twins can't curse so me and my partner were doomed to a miserable existence we couldn't curse the aunt who named us. Also, some weird ginger guy hid in a fenced property after either stealing or killing ppl and hiding, I can't recall. And when I couldn't curse after attempting, he was like; "It's a shame twins can't curse isn't it?" /Happy

There are some genuine socio/psychopaths that play this game or so it feels lol. That's not the worst you can get, either. Creeps make me wanna nope out of the game quite often. I wish I could tell the story of my worst experience but it's nsfw and probably too disturbing for the forums. Shame that the game allows you to be a creep and kinda encourages it with the lack of censorship.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-01-27 21:16:39)

Breasticles

#6 2020-01-27 23:24:57

testo

Punkypal wrote:

I personally think Jason should take a little action of some type on this, because if I was a gaming reviewer/reporter I'd absolutely eviscerate Jason over the lack of any moderation or censorship of highly offensive material. The is no blocking of people using the N-word. I have found where someone made a giant swastika with road tiles. Things like this should get reported and Jason should be able to look up who did these things. IDK if he can track typed words in the past, but if someone reports "Korman Boots" was using the N-word, Jason should be able to log in as a spectator and follow that player when they are on and monitor them. I've found they don't say it just once. They say it 1000 times until someone stabs them. If Jason is online and gets a notice right now that someone is being offensive, he can go right then and see. It would be in his best interest to ban such players from his servers.

As for someone who builds a swastika, I'm sure he can see what account placed the tiles. That should be a perma ban right there as well. This isn't even a moral issue. If a player doing this is located in Germany or Austria they are actually committing a criminal act. As the creator of the game that makes it possible to make such things and display them to the public, he bears some responsibility in regards to it.

I hate that Swastika symbol has to be damned because of ignorant sjw people like you. It has been used for thousands of years in several ways, it is aesthetically pleasing and its meaning goes well beyond nazism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Freaking SJW they are always the morons that act in gang and never take responsability.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#7 2020-01-28 00:21:15

Punkypal

Oh come off it. Some little shit kid didn't make it because he wanted to celebrate an aesthetically pleasing tribal design. Amazing they never make any of the other variants or a reverse swastika as shown in your little linky. Never a repeating pattern either, Nope, always seems to just be one big symbol of the Third Reich and Nazism.

What are you, an interior designer or tile layer? What cause do you have to give two shits about any design? Never seen you posting much about the herringbone or houndstooth, but now all of a sudden defense of the swastika is on your agenda. Don't be that obtuse prick.

It's not jut SJW, it's offensive in all of western society, and everywhere else on the planet that suffered directly during WWII, and has been so long before SJW was even a concept. Once the swastika was an innocuous symbol. Not anymore. Unfortunately it was co-opted by a fascist regime that went about systemic genocide and other atrocities, and plunged the entire planet into a world war that caused incalculable amount of destruction and loss of life. If you don't see the issue with celebrating what that symbol has come to stand for TODAY, then you are either a white supremacist or an ignorant child, or have the mind of one. Good day.

Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos

#8 2020-01-28 00:22:18

Legs

Hitler did NOTHING wrong.

Loco Motion

#9 2020-01-28 00:28:59

Punkypal

Legs wrote:

How old are you child? You know if you lived in Germany under Hitler you'd be dead, because they killed people with mental disabilities, and then we'd all miss out on your brilliant comments.

Last edited by Punkypal (2020-01-28 00:36:27)

#10 2020-01-28 01:02:29

Punkypal

Legs wrote:

Your lack of perspective is concerning.
History is written by the victor.
Try to think for yourself for once.
I know you struggle with thinking.
Just do your best, okay kiddo?

"Thinking for yourself" when you have no education is like "cooking for yourself" when you have no ingredients. It's clear your refrigerator is empty.

"History is written by the victor" is an especially stupid thing to say, especially from you (which really is saying something) because Germany and the German people still exist, and those "defeated" people have contributed significantly to the writing of the history. "History is written by the victors" is why we don't usually read stories about how allied troops committed war crimes, executed prisoners and such. It does not mean that the history about what the Nazis and the SS did are not factual.

Last edited by Punkypal (2020-01-28 01:04:33)

#11 2020-01-28 01:38:24

testo

Punkypal wrote:

Oh come off it. Some little shit kid didn't make it because he wanted to celebrate an aesthetically pleasing tribal design. Amazing they never make any of the other variants or a reverse swastika as shown in your little linky. Never a repeating pattern either, Nope, always seems to just be one big symbol of the Third Reich and Nazism.

So you are telling me you can read the mind of everyone in the game by just looking at a sign? Thats some level of bullshit right there. If you want to see a nazi symbol even in more than thousand years art you will see it, but that would be more you being an asshole than anything else.

Punkypal wrote:

What are you, an interior designer or tile layer? What cause do you have to give two shits about any design? Never seen you posting much about the herringbone or houndstooth, but now all of a sudden defense of the swastika is on your agenda. Don't be that obtuse prick.

So I can´t care about desing? Do I have to post to please you to be right? Ad hominem doesn´t make your point valid. Don´t argue if you are not ready to realize how wrong you are.

Punkypal wrote:

It's not jut SJW, it's offensive in all of western society, and everywhere else on the planet that suffered directly during WWII, and has been so long before SJW was even a concept. Once the swastika was an innocuous symbol. Not anymore. Unfortunately it was co-opted by a fascist regime that went about systemic genocide and other atrocities, and plunged the entire planet into a world war that caused incalculable amount of destruction and loss of life. If you don't see the issue with celebrating what that symbol has come to stand for TODAY, then you are either a white supremacist or an ignorant child, or have the mind of one. Good day.

Of course what you still don´t want to accept is: swastika is NOT OFFENSIVE FOR EVERYONE IN WESTERN SOCIETY (whatever you may mean with that anyways). This is not my argument, this has been argued several times before by people far smart and with far more solid ground than me. You may say whatever you want about nazi Germany, fascism or WWII. The facts are pretty simple, swastika is an ancient design and you hating on it is just the media propaganda forcing you to believe every time you see it is because some nazi group wants to take control.

Swastika just took the hit because a)Nazi regime is the go to demonic force when anyone and media wants to highlight the worst of human history and b)Nazi regime had a pseudo philosophical support base that some people still believe nowdays. If we have to ban symbols we would have to ban the red circles, crosses, stars, spears and whole load of other figures just because some idiot can´t stand that another person draws something with a different meaning other than its "obvious meaning".

I wonder who is the one being fascist here, the one presenting facts and arguments or the one trying to force everyone to follow what he says just because he is right MMM if I make a swastika to piss you off does that make me nazi per se?

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#12 2020-01-28 04:46:29

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Do you actually care that much though? Everyone forgets their name right after their mom says it.

If you get offended about being named Fat and Ugly in a video game you should work on your self confidence.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#13 2020-01-28 06:20:58

DrChef

testo wrote:

Swastika just took the hit because a)Nazi regime is the go to demonic force when anyone and media wants to highlight the worst of human history and b)Nazi regime had a pseudo philosophical support base that some people still believe nowdays.

Your points illustrate why claiming swastikas are a neutral symbol makes no sense: A) The Swastika is connected to a regime that committed horrible atrocities and the media, like most 'western society' believes it is the symbol of the worst of human history B)  People STILL believe and promote white supremacist/Nazi ideology, meaning the symbol hasn't lost its meaning as a hate symbol.

Distrust in the media is rational, but avoid crossing into white supremacy territory just because some idea is contrary to the idea of SJWs you have in your head

#14 2020-01-28 07:23:54

sigmen4020

Rjr2kyP.png

zOYU6Rw.png

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#15 2020-01-28 08:51:59

testo

DrChef wrote:
testo wrote:

Swastika just took the hit because a)Nazi regime is the go to demonic force when anyone and media wants to highlight the worst of human history and b)Nazi regime had a pseudo philosophical support base that some people still believe nowdays.

Your points illustrate why claiming swastikas are a neutral symbol makes no sense: A) The Swastika is connected to a regime that committed horrible atrocities and the media, like most 'western society' believes it is the symbol of the worst of human history B)  People STILL believe and promote white supremacist/Nazi ideology, meaning the symbol hasn't lost its meaning as a hate symbol.

Distrust in the media is rational, but avoid crossing into white supremacy territory just because some idea is contrary to the idea of SJWs you have in your head

Things are connected as long as you as an individual want to connect them. A pattern is just a pattern and unfortunately, there will always be morons that feel entitled enough to assume they have the moral ground over others. When you add in maths you don´t actually see a religious cross, when you draw a circle you don´t think of Japans genocide. I´m not even white to begin with, I´m just sick of people like Punkydude making the moral police. Swastikas are neutral enough to me and don´t carry all the symbolism you want to give it. If you show me a black swastika over a white circle with red in the background i will make the assumption it is a nazi symbol/flag. If you show me Jason´s cart track image I will not even see it. And it is not even Nazi oriented anyways.

- Jack Ass

#16 2020-01-28 14:03:44

Cantface

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Do you actually care that much though? Everyone forgets their name right after their mom says it.

If you get offended about being named Fat and Ugly in a video game you should work on your self confidence.

It's not just the names and questionable symbols that's the issue, there are a few very disturbing things allowed to happen because no words are censored. I don't see an age restriction or even a warning for the game either which is an issue.(Unless it's buried somewhere and I missed it)

Anonymous people can get away with saying almost anything and I have seen the absolute worst of it. Dev better hope no-one records these things because people WILL take issue eventually.

Also debating the nazi symbol on what was a day of remembrance for the victims just OOF guys wtaf.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-01-28 14:18:57)

Breasticles

#17 2020-01-28 18:58:47

Chestburster

Its kind of pointless to implement an auto curse on vulgar sounding names because you'd have to go in a manually and apply the cursing mechanics to each one. If you truly didn't want these names used then why wouldn't you just remove the names altogether instead of just giving players the ability to use the names but punish them for doing so?

#18 2020-01-29 01:26:24

Mekkie

Punkypal wrote:
Legs wrote:

How old are you child? You know if you lived in Germany under Hitler you'd be dead, because they killed people with mental disabilities, and then we'd all miss out on your brilliant comments.

Obvious troll was obvious.

#19 2020-01-29 01:30:42

Mekkie

Chestburster wrote:

Its kind of pointless to implement an auto curse on vulgar sounding names because you'd have to go in a manually and apply the cursing mechanics to each one. If you truly didn't want these names used then why wouldn't you just remove the names altogether instead of just giving players the ability to use the names but punish them for doing so?

The names do get changed, as the OP said.. the suggestion is to curse the player for what they typed, not for what came out.

Board footer