One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-01-08 13:38:40

Spoonwood

Re: Regarding the current issues being reported.

Dodge wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

I use to read YEARS old forums on civfanatics

Spoonwood wrote:

I also don't think of myself as special, thank you.

More specifically for the civ III sub-forum I would read years old posts.  Most people over there for a very long time have done such things, as most strategy articles are old, and have been for a long time.  So, I definitely find it odd that you quote my two statements as if they contradict each other.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#27 2020-01-11 21:47:03

petaldancing

/curse Spoonwood

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭━☆゚.*・。゚ specialization update is trash

#28 2020-01-13 05:30:33

fug

The amount of spam threads he's making really warrants more than what he's currently getting. Morti got a two week vacation for spamming I don't see why Spoon isn't getting one myself.

The fact he's spamming here and making meme ass posts on the github is just plain terrible.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#29 2020-01-13 06:40:50

Spoonwood

Why do you think that lineages should not have the opportunity to survive updates fug?

Why are you so content with all lineages being doomed?

This is a game about the future of humanity.  Do you have so little hope for the future of humanity that they could have not have a long lasting line of descent?  Even squirrels and deer in the real world have more hope of having a long lasting line of descent than OHOL characters.  Even ants do. 

How can there be a sense of longevity in this game when all lineages are short by design?

How can the source of the problems that plague (and I suspect there are many) families ever get got at it without a serious *and clear* possibility of longevity of a lineage?

I read through an old thread about longest Eve lines where Eve Tarr appeared having a 59 generation family: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3756  I also remember you talking about Eve-chaining in a later thread when Jason brought it up.  Thus, one might guess that you Eve-chained to help your own lineage out.  Since that was a thread about longest Eve lines, I would guess that you valued longevity of a lineage at some point. 

Your lineage was still short-lived (and all of my lineages have been shorter).  59 generations at 3 generations per hour is a mere 1,180 OHOL years.  This game takes place in the future and the universe might be 20 billion years old by then.  That's something like .00000 0059 of the age of the universe.  Were eternity to be a day, and the universe has existed eternally (to say nothing of God's existence if you are a believer), and since a day has 86,400 seconds, that's .0051 seconds.  Not even a second.

I hasten to note that I didn't start talking about eternal or long-lasting lineages from what I had in my own head.  Jason wrote this:

jasonrohrer wrote:

I'm also perplexed that there have been no extremely long or even eternal family lines.  288 is the record, on a less-populated server, and 11 months ago.  The usual weekly record never tops 80.  That's 19 hours, and is impressive, but....  it's clear to me that it's just not important enough to anyone.  I envisioned people hopping on discord during desperate times and trying to recruit players to keep the flame burning through the night.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5824

and this:

jasonrohrer wrote:

Expectations:

Eternal survival of one family will be possible through distant resource outposts and migration.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8320

Another update soon enough will be on the horizon.  And then, with little doubt, all lineages will be doomed to death once again, if that can't get said to already be certain.  No longevity of the future of humanity even conceivable, let alone plausible that players would achieve such.  A multiplayer group survival game where surviving isn't possible at the individual level and isn't possible at the group level either.  We can't even hope of lineages lasting long.  It's like the whole system got set up to doom serious players from the very start.

A futuristic game about humanity, where humanity has no future.

A futuristic game about humanity, where there is so little human potential.

A futuristic game about humanity, where humanity cannot evolve into something else.

A futuristic survival game about humanity, where humanity is doomed to die very fast.

And Jason wants us to call his game art when there is no hope, when there exists such a pitiful and unrealistic view of human potential by its very design, and such has existed in the game for a very long time if not since it first got released?

Danish Clinch.

#30 2020-01-13 13:00:25

karltown_veteran

Us: Spoonwood plz stop we think the old threads are something new being added and we don’t like that
Spoonwood: You all could just let me do as I like instead of spending time complaining
Us: It would save us all a lot of time and effort if instead of fighting us on this you hanged the way you do things
Spoonwood: Haha no.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#31 2020-01-16 02:59:26

Jojigirl

Bullying threads = NOT OK
Multiple threads about the same issue from the same person = Should be combined

Neither of those are heavy handed, and Bullying should NEVER be tolerated anywhere..

I never see anything really handled by a mod ever..  I understand Jason wants it to be modded light handed, but Bullying threads should NEVER be condoned.. Combining same topic threads by the same person should be allowed.. You not combining those threads is the reason a bullying thread was made.. You are allowing the issue at hand to be created by not addressing the main issue in the first place..  So what do you mods actually do?? Do you mods just have the title with no responsibilities..

Uncle Gus -  Last post 7th Feb 2019 4:48 pm
Stylingirl - Last post 4th Jun 2019 4:42 pm
Joriom - Last post 23rd Sep 2019 9:59 pm
jord1990 - Last post 7th Jan 2020 12:34 am  the post before that was 22nd Nov 2019 4:52 pm
Chard - Last post 29th Oct 2019 5:40 pm

Time for new mods maybe?

Last edited by Jojigirl (2020-01-16 03:07:12)

#32 2020-01-16 03:09:27

fug

The issue is Jason is pretty off handed when it comes to moderation which leads to the sort of fiasco we have now. It's not that the mods don't want to do something it's more they shouldn't under their guidelines do stuff.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#33 2020-01-16 04:12:11

Spoonwood

Jojigirl wrote:

You not combining those threads is the reason a bullying thread was made

I suggest you take a look through JasonY's history.  His first post is here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8389 where he basically gaslights Jason saying he didn't do any content updates all year.  He then later made a thread which looked like a question about me: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8487, but after I tried to answer the question, he told me I hadn't answered it and tried to bait me into getting angry with language or something.  Then later on he misquotes lots of people, acting like it's some sort of game.

I'm saying all this, because, I don't think combining those threads would have stopped JasonY here.  JasonY, I believe, wants to troll people, and since enough people disagree with me and I make a lot of posts, I end up an easy target.

Of course though, if you don't like my style, you have every right to criticize it.  But, I think making multiple threads is different from 'not being nice'.

I also feel it heavy handed to cramp someone's style by combining threads without them asking for such.  People might read short paragraphs of text.  I think that in general, though, they aren't likely to read long passages which go on and on and provide more detail than short paragraphs of text.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-01-16 04:33:18)

Danish Clinch.

#34 2020-01-16 04:28:36

JasonY

Spoonwood wrote:
Jojigirl wrote:

I suggest you take a look through history.  His post is where he basically made a thread about me but after I tried getting angry because, I don't think. people disagree with me and I make a lot of posts

Of course though, if you don't like my style, you have every right to criticize it.  But, I think making multiple threads is different from 'not being nice'.

Need Content

#35 2020-01-16 05:12:16

Starknight_One

JasonY wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
Jojigirl wrote:

I suggest you take a look through history.  His post is where he basically made a thread about me but after I tried getting angry because, I don't think. people disagree with me and I make a lot of posts

Misquoting anyone, even Spoonwood, isn't something that a person who wants to debate in good faith does, JasonY. By rearranging what he said, you've completely changed the content of what he said.

Or as we used to say when I was closer to your mental age, "Liar, liar, pants on fire."

#36 2020-01-16 19:28:28

karltown_veteran

Well, Spoonwood is officially banned. The forum can settle down to monotony again.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#37 2020-01-16 21:06:59

testo

So much for "As little moderation as possible". Really disgusting, I make a pretty simple respectful thread and I get insta deleted. Several other far worst transgresions and worst threads from other posters and nothing. This is what I call power abuse, no words just wipe it out. Really cool stuff assholes.

Farewell Spoonwood.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#38 2020-01-16 21:09:52

Cantface

What the actual heck??? Ooooooooooof. Poor spoon.

Breasticles

#39 2020-01-16 22:42:03

DestinyCall

karltown_veteran wrote:

Well, Spoonwood is officially banned. The forum can settle down to monotony again.

I hope JasonY got banned too.   He is an actual forum troll.

#40 2020-01-16 23:06:44

jord1990

testo wrote:

So much for "As little moderation as possible". Really disgusting, I make a pretty simple respectful thread and I get insta deleted. Several other far worst transgresions and worst threads from other posters and nothing. This is what I call power abuse, no words just wipe it out. Really cool stuff assholes.

Farewell Spoonwood.

Making a thread just to rub in that someone got banned, adding nothing but a "." which originated from the "bully thread" to get Spoonwood banned in the first place. Is just in very poor taste. You will also be glad to know that it isnt a farewell as the bans for both JasonY and Spoonwood are temporary.

#41 2020-01-17 01:39:27

testo

jord1990 wrote:
testo wrote:

Farewell Spoonwood.

Making a thread just to rub in that someone got banned, adding nothing but a "." which originated from the "bully thread" to get Spoonwood banned in the first place. Is just in very poor taste. You will also be glad to know that it isnt a farewell as the bans for both JasonY and Spoonwood are temporary.

Rub in? seriously? Like in what language is a Farewell poor taste? I´m showing my appreciation to him while being as less disruptive as possible by not even making a comment or argument about his ban and someone just wipes it out like in the best oppresive regimen. Gold.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#42 2020-01-17 01:56:02

jord1990

img

and after the a ban you posted this:
img

Which is why I percieved it as a post to rub it in. I hope you can now see why I acted the way I did. I'm not gonna argue with you about it any further in any case. I think we've had enough happen today.

#43 2020-01-17 02:09:34

Legs

jord1990 wrote:

You will also be glad to know that it isnt a farewell as the bans for both JasonY and Spoonwood are temporary.

Just wanted to say that I appreciate this. It's a small community and permanently banning people over a little drama would be jumping the shark.

Loco Motion

#44 2020-01-17 03:03:50

Punkypal

I am also glad its only a temp ban. Spoonwood clearly is passionate about the game, and that's good, but at the same time, he needs to learn to respect that EVERYONE asked him to stop necroing threads and he wouldn't stop, which is basically disrespectful to everyone.

It was also getting annoying that he posted five threads a day on the exact same topic. He was actually hurting his own cause, because if I was Jason I'd already be ignoring all his posts.

Daily Updated Map of Player Structures: https://bit.ly/2UrfOQ9
Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos
Composting Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgyl9evfhw
Diesel Engine Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA

#45 2020-01-17 03:06:30

testo

jord1990 wrote:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png

and after the a ban you posted this:
https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/ext … 91-png.jpg

Which is why I percieved it as a post to rub it in. I hope you can now see why I acted the way I did. I'm not gonna argue with you about it any further in any case. I think we've had enough happen today.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … d=8758&p=2

testo wrote:

Come on, you are all a bunch of dickheads for harrasing Spoonwood. It´s not like he is harming anyone.

https://pasteboard.co/IQk3UJe.png

- Jack Ass

#46 2020-02-01 05:10:05

Spoonwood

Punkypal wrote:

Spoonwood clearly is passionate about the game, and that's good, but at the same time, he needs to learn to respect that EVERYONE asked him to stop necroing threads and he wouldn't stop, which is basically disrespectful to everyone.

No, there were people like Toxolotl and Testo who said otherwise.  Whatever is another person who didn't do any such thing.

Also, some of the issues that I referred to in necroed threads still have relevance.  Weren't you Eve Connell?  Didn't that lineage happen after I necroed the thread where Jason talked about eternal lineages and how they hadn't existed?  I'm not saying I caused anything, but if you think that dismissing a necroed thread out of hand, because of it's age, is enough, I'm going to have to disagree.  And there exist some others who think old threads *can* have relevance.  Whether they do or not though is another matter.

Danish Clinch.

#47 2020-02-01 05:17:05

DestinyCall

Glad to see that your time away has given you a chance to consider how you can improve your forum interactions in the future.

#48 2020-02-01 05:18:07

DestinyCall

And welcome back, Spoon.  I missed you.  <3

#49 2020-02-01 05:39:54

Spoonwood

Thanks Destiny.  I can't say I missed you.  I only mister people like you.  That's my nature as a man. smile

Danish Clinch.

#50 2020-02-01 06:03:05

fug

Necro'd his own banning thread. Classy.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

Board footer