One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-01-10 03:45:29

Saolin

Re: Problem: Cheating to: Jason

1.5x and possibly 2x zoom should be part of the standard game to improve player experience.  Current 1x zoom is too limiting and regularly requires you to basically run in a spiral searching for any item that isn't in the exact location you last saw it.  And stopping to ask someone is often fruitless and usually a waste of time compared to just continuing in your spiral-search.  It's painfully tedious.

After downloading a zoom mod for the first time i got the same excitement i get after buying a brand new game i already know i'm going to like.

After playing with zoom, using vanilla feels like using a microscope to view a regular sized map.  Or having your eyeballs pressed directly against the computer screen.

Last edited by Saolin (2020-01-10 04:02:42)

#52 2020-01-10 08:06:31

sigmen4020

Spoonwood wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

Yeah the system is kinda impractical like that. Picking up items shouldn't stop highlighting the items, that just seems way to confusing and strange to me.

I was on a horsecart and just moving around, not even picking anything up.  A mouse click on an item can suffice to stop the arrow pointing to it.  It's not impossible to imagine only clicking on open spots.  But, why would a smart player do that in the badlands using Jason glasses on foot over and over again?  It would leave one vulnerable to wolves (and bears) sneaking up on one before one can even see them, in addition to slowing down movement.

Testing it yesterday the arrows seem to be disappearing when moving away from them at random. I was testing some other bug using the vanilla client and saw that sometimes that the hint arrow will stay even when you almost move off-screen, and sometimes it will disappear when you move away from it a tiny bit.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#53 2020-01-11 12:26:40

ollj

OP is shitpost troll, cause a simple search could give the answer to the dumb question, and its obvious that mods enhanche the gamed and unfair advantages are insignificant as long as the game is mostly cooperative.

Board footer