One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-31 17:20:36

karltown_veteran

Idea: if you tap on someone's grave you can see their last words

That way it connects people to their great or great-great grandparents, whereas no one is gonna care if there are bones of great great great granny in the middle of the town if all they do is sit there. Also last words have more meaning.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2019-12-31 17:24:01

SirCaio

Re: Idea: if you tap on someone's grave you can see their last words

I back this!

#3 2019-12-31 17:26:11

Spoonwood

Sounds interesting.  But does this apply to bone piles or dug graves only?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2019-12-31 17:30:19

karltown_veteran

Spoonwood wrote:

Sounds interesting.  But does this apply to bone piles or dug graves only?

preferably both, since I like not having to make five shovels in 1 minute

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2019-12-31 18:49:41

FulmenTheFinn

Good idea.

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#6 2019-12-31 19:14:09

Punkypal

Seems like you'd need a marked grave for it to make sense. Bone piles don't talk. Seems like a fun idea. I still don't think every schmuck needs to be buried, and I'd clear the grave of anyone who's last word was "F".

Daily Updated Map of Player Structures: https://bit.ly/2UrfOQ9
Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos
Composting Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgyl9evfhw
Diesel Engine Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA

#7 2019-12-31 19:26:15

DestinyCall

I would very much like this idea.

On the flipside, I would also love a "mass grave" option to dispose of excess skeletons.    I hate all the bone clutter and gross bonefields outside of towns. 

Marked graves would be more interesting with last words and random corpses could be removed more quickly without wasting shovel uses.

#8 2020-01-01 00:23:11

Villas

I like the idea, at least we could be able to “mark” marked graves like we do with way stones, so we could write something cool there, about their history or even their last words.

#9 2020-01-01 01:16:50

Wuatduhf

I support this ten billion percent.

#10 2020-01-01 02:50:58

pein

"told you, dont bury me maggot"

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2020-01-01 03:10:54

Carrot-Seedling

Either all graves who died as a non-baby or buried graves only would work. Not sure about lag, but I like this idea.
Good job, Karltown. Have a cookie.

You have now laid eyes upon the one and only Raidan Allcock on the leaderboards. tongue

#12 2020-01-01 03:16:35

DestinyCall

What is the current iron usage for shoveling?   I would like it very much if either digging graves was essentially free ... or if we had an alternative way to dispose of random corpse clutter, like making a giant pyre or digging a deep hole to stuff full of bone baskets in a crowded pauper's grave or even a fancy mausoleum option for the rich folks.    Anything would be better than the current "fields of skulls" meta, imo.

Ideally, I want a fast, cheap, and space efficient option for removing bones that nobody cares about enough to bury properly.

#13 2020-01-01 04:51:19

karltown_veteran

DestinyCall wrote:

What is the current iron usage for shoveling?   I would like it very much if either digging graves was essentially free ... or if we had an alternative way to dispose of random corpse clutter, like making a giant pyre or digging a deep hole to stuff full of bone baskets in a crowded pauper's grave or even a fancy mausoleum option for the rich folks.    Anything would be better than the current "fields of skulls" meta, imo.

Ideally, I want a fast, cheap, and space efficient option for removing bones that nobody cares about enough to bury properly.

Yep ^^

#14 2020-01-01 05:16:59

petaldancing

i like this idea! i think it should only be for buried graves with a tombstone though, to give us a reason/more meaning into burying someone.

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭━☆゚.*・。゚ specialization update is trash

#15 2020-01-01 17:39:46

Gogo
Banned

Good idea. smile

Also

Family tombs (flat rock + cut stones)! Hide 3-4 bones in a tomb. After some time it can be re-used. Baby bones should be smaller (as a sprite) and takes only 1/4 of space in a tomb.

#16 2020-01-01 18:23:15

DestinyCall

Gogo wrote:

Good idea. smile

Also

Family tombs (flat rock + cut stones)! Hide 3-4 bones in a tomb. After some time it can be re-used. Baby bones should be smaller (as a sprite) and takes only 1/4 of space in a tomb.

Bump it up to eight bones.    I like large families.   smile

#17 2020-01-01 21:43:11

karltown_veteran

DestinyCall wrote:
Gogo wrote:

Good idea. smile

Also

Bump it up to eight bones.    I like large families.   smile

That would be a crowded tomb xD

#18 2020-01-01 21:49:02

DestinyCall

Good thing skeletons are notoriously thin.

#19 2020-01-01 21:59:16

karltown_veteran

DestinyCall wrote:

Good thing skeletons are notoriously thin.

True.
SIDs are just a lil thin - gotta be fed stew by their gram grams.

#20 2020-01-02 00:33:08

FulmenTheFinn

Might also be interesting to see how old the player was when they died when hovering over their bones/grave.

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#21 2020-01-02 09:38:27

Sopbucket

petaldancing wrote:

i like this idea! i think it should only be for buried graves with a tombstone though, to give us a reason/more meaning into burying someone.

My thoughts exactly.

#22 2020-01-02 12:22:03

testo

karltown_veteran wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Yep ^^

Present state is 10% likehood of a shovel use which lasts 5 uses. Average you get 41 graves/shovel but if you recycle then you get half a shovel back so thats 61 graves. Even without recycling, if we calculate using the biggest graveyard I´ve seen lately about 10X10 thats 100 corpses, or 2 steel to dig them all, maybe 3 at worst.

Considering nowdays iron is pretty much laying around unused I´d say dig as much as you want and if someone starts bitching around just go get a basket of iron and tell that person to shut up, unless you are doing it on iron shortage or early camps. Even in early camps I do shovel up adobe from tule stumps and tree stumps for kindling but thats because I know I will get more iron later. Graves I don´t care that much, but if thats your poison, be my guest.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#23 2020-01-02 20:27:27

Stormyzabeast

I love making graveyards and special graves for my mother and Grandma's. It's a really special pay off the game to me and I always ask a child to bury me with them. They always get dug up. So sad...

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#24 2020-01-02 20:28:39

AmberA

Villas wrote:

I like the idea, at least we could be able to “mark” marked graves like we do with way stones, so we could write something cool there, about their history or even their last words.

I really like this. For good people and for bad.

For example, I've often been raised by a "dad" but I can't mark his grave with "dad" because that isn't an official thing.

On the flip side if bones are defiled, I'd also love to be able to add text about why. If someone is truly evil in town after they die I take their bones, mark it to defile it, place a pile of sheep poo in front of them and then build a fence around them. It would be nice to be able to add text to say what that person did to deserve it.

Board footer