#26 2019-12-18 20:44:20

Gogo
Banned

Re: The forum is slowly dying.

I'm here just to learn the language. tongue

#27 2019-12-18 20:54:22

WalrusesConquer

It's a shame, I remeber the old days where you cpuld ask someone ingame if they were on the forums and 90% of the time they'd say yes. Everyone is on discord nowadays or on the steam forums or just lurking

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#28 2019-12-18 20:59:55

sigmen4020

WalrusesConquer wrote:

It's a shame, I remeber the old days where you cpuld ask someone ingame if they were on the forums and 90% of the time they'd say yes. Everyone is on discord nowadays or on the steam forums or just lurking

Steam forums are even more dead than this forum. It had some extra activity during the sale, but not much happens there now. It's primarily only me and one other guy that posts there. I'm Swaziland on Steam btw.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#29 2019-12-18 21:01:27

DestinyCall

Trust me, they aren't on the Steam forums.   If you want to see what a dead forum looks like, just visit over there for a bit.   It has picked up a little since the sale, but it is still glacial.

#30 2019-12-18 21:06:45

WalrusesConquer

Yeah and also no one really post stories anymore so it's either suggestions or complaints imo. I used to read the forums really often because there was always a chance that someone was talking about a life I was in. Now...the subjects just don't interest me, personally. Whenever Jason updates you bet there's going to be 5 new topics on how "broken" whatever he's done is

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#31 2019-12-18 21:47:45

DestinyCall

To be fair, every time we get a major update, the game usually is pretty broken immediately after.   It has happened enough times that I make a point of letting the "dust settle" for a while before trying out new content.   Sometimes "a while" can mean several weeks of updates and bug fixes.

If I get bored, I just check the forums to remind myself that I made the right call.

#32 2019-12-18 23:02:10

YannaChan
Banned

WalrusesConquer wrote:

Yeah and also no one really post stories anymore so it's either suggestions or complaints imo. I used to read the forums really often because there was always a chance that someone was talking about a life I was in. Now...the subjects just don't interest me, personally. Whenever Jason updates you bet there's going to be 5 new topics on how "broken" whatever he's done is

I post stories like, once in a while I guess.

#33 2019-12-18 23:08:14

Spoonwood

jcwilk wrote:

Literally no one except streamers care about the hierarchy shit until jason makes bbs auto follow mama, which given Jason's weird obsession with rank names might not happen. So no worries! You're unlikely to see anyone use it ever

I saw some people in the discord talking about how to exploit it to their advantage.  Criticism of it too there also.  I'm not saying that a huge number of people will use the hierarchy system.  It's just my read that there exist a few more people than you've suggested here.  I certainly don't like the reports of mass murders that I heard over the weekend (and I don't doubt them).

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#34 2019-12-19 01:18:01

arkajalka

SpiritBomb32 wrote:

its really the same 15 people

and who are those 15?
theres almost more different people even replying to this post...

Some people just dont write that much as other and just lurk most of the time.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#35 2019-12-19 11:47:54

Starknight_One

We've had a fair number of new members join... it's just that most people who register for forums only lurk.

#36 2019-12-19 11:54:33

Toxolotl

I read the forums for over six months before finally making an account. Thread views is probably a better basis to go by when judging forum activity.

#37 2019-12-19 12:47:31

Cantface

I've been lurking for a while, I believe I purchased my first copy soon after the beta testing closed? When Oil didn't exist and when you got instantly killed with one click with a weapon. My first ever game that I played I was a naked newb and some guy wanted to show me something, took me off screen and one shot me dead execution style with a bow and arrow. It definitely showed me what I was getting into pretty quickly...lol.

Breasticles

#38 2019-12-20 08:48:16

DarkDrak

The only thing worse than a dead forum....
Is a foum that got necroed and is now walking as a zombie.

Youtube guide to Oil and Kerosene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSZHPiUK6A
Youtube guide to Diesel Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA&t=5s

World is not black and white

#39 2019-12-20 09:31:19

sigmen4020

DarkDrak wrote:

The only thing worse than a dead forum....
Is a foum that got necroed and is now walking as a zombie.

All you need to remember when you encounter a zombie thread is...

Aim for the head.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

Board footer