One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-17 19:03:30

karltown_veteran

The forum is slowly dying.

It’s just the same three people clingin on. Time to either let go or post the website link on OHOL get reborn screen and hope for the best.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2019-12-17 19:27:30

DestinyCall

Re: The forum is slowly dying.

Everything dies eventually.  It is the one constant in the universe.  There is no point fighting the inevitable.  Death always wins. 

The real question is ... did you truly live?

#3 2019-12-17 19:38:11

YannaChan
Banned

I want this forum to live sad where else am I going to post my OHOL life stories?

#4 2019-12-17 19:38:41

Saolin

One thing I noticed is discussion on here is largely fueled by Jason. When he's actively posting a lot more discussion is generated than when he hasn't for a few days.

Other than that, I can't really comment much on recent activity since I haven't been around here much the last few weeks, but there seems to be a normal amount of discussion to me. I comment more when I'm actively playing, but I've been playing banished and pokemon the last few weeks.

Last edited by Saolin (2019-12-17 20:07:50)

#5 2019-12-17 19:46:29

DarkDrak

Now that i think .. what happened to Morti?

Youtube guide to Oil and Kerosene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSZHPiUK6A
Youtube guide to Diesel Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA&t=5s

World is not black and white

#6 2019-12-17 20:10:48

Spoonwood

I talked to Morti on a Twitch Stream.  From what I recall, he has no intention of coming back here.  I don't think he has any intention of playing again also, but seemed more adamant about not posting on here.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2019-12-17 21:04:17

Jojigirl

Morti kind of went insane on here at the end of his posting phase..  Not sure what was going on with him at that time, but whatever it was, I hope he is doing better now.

#8 2019-12-17 21:05:16

w0wma

DarkDrak wrote:

Now that i think .. what happened to Morti?

that's a whole can of worms you don't want to open up.

#9 2019-12-17 23:14:16

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I don't think it's dying. It's becoming a chore to read though. Every thread is whiney bullshit with entire novels written for each reply. I honestly can't be fucked to read it all.

You all need to chill the fuck out. Learn to summarize your points.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#10 2019-12-18 00:32:36

SpiritBomb32

its really the same 15 people

- "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."
Add books, please Jason.

#11 2019-12-18 00:58:30

DestinyCall

SpiritBomb32 wrote:

its really the same 15 people

Are you sure?   It might just be one lonely guy with a lot of alt accounts and you are actually the only new person to visit these forums in five months.

Please don't leave ...

#12 2019-12-18 01:44:28

Bearfut

It's been nearly a year since we got the engine and there have been no substantial content updates since then. Players get bored and frustrated and leave. I truly think Jason could be much farther along on the game but he's lost motivation. He spent too much time balancing the game and I suspect that all that balancing is going out the window when he adds more modern technology.

#13 2019-12-18 02:34:40

Toxolotl

Legend says that in the end of days when the earth is dying and the last of humanity is hanging by a thread, spoonwood and dodge will still be arguing on these forums.

#14 2019-12-18 02:42:01

DestinyCall

"hanging by a thread"?

I see what you did there.

#15 2019-12-18 02:46:51

DarkDrak

Toxolotl wrote:

Legend says that in the end of days when the earth is dying and the last of humanity is hanging by a thread, spoonwood and dodge will still be arguing on these forums.

...Why do i have absolutely no problem to believe this? demn.

Youtube guide to Oil and Kerosene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSZHPiUK6A
Youtube guide to Diesel Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA&t=5s

World is not black and white

#16 2019-12-18 08:05:38

Roosty knife

Some people just ussualy read without replying

Makin' Bacon Burritos.

#17 2019-12-18 08:31:37

jcwilk

Spoonwood keeps the blood flowing through our veins

#18 2019-12-18 08:46:22

ollj

did you miss me?
I almost missed you
,with my bow!

I paused playing this sadism-simulator for 4 months, only to notice that it got patched back into a playable game 2 months ago, and it seems to be a lot more social now.

#19 2019-12-18 08:47:42

Lava

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

I don't think it's dying. It's becoming a chore to read though. Every thread is whiney bullshit with entire novels written for each reply. I honestly can't be fucked to read it all.

Couldn't agree more.

#20 2019-12-18 09:52:18

Hoax

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

#21 2019-12-18 13:56:03

Cantface

Hello, long time player and forum lurker, just popping in to give my two pence. I only played a few rift games and took a break until it was removed, but I don't think this new followers update will be removed so I'm waiting for the novelty of it to wear off so I don't see ranked people roleplaying and shanking eachother and myself for not taking part in the hierarchy. I already saw this kind of thing happen in the newest Twisted video.

Breasticles

#22 2019-12-18 16:57:53

jcwilk

Cantface wrote:

Hello, long time player and forum lurker, just popping in to give my two pence. I only played a few rift games and took a break until it was removed, but I don't think this new followers update will be removed so I'm waiting for the novelty of it to wear off so I don't see ranked people roleplaying and shanking eachother and myself for not taking part in the hierarchy. I already saw this kind of thing happen in the newest Twisted video.

Literally no one except streamers care about the hierarchy shit until jason makes bbs auto follow mama, which given Jason's weird obsession with rank names might not happen. So no worries! You're unlikely to see anyone use it ever

#23 2019-12-18 17:34:13

The_Anabaptist

When 99% of suggestions for new content are ignored out of hand, people quit posting suggestions.

When 99% of complaints about existing / new systems are dismissed out of hand, people quit trying to point out problems.

What does that leave us?  People bragging about the abuse they heap on their fellow players? People writing fanfic about their latest life? Posts from Jason trumpeting how right he is? Niche stuff for the most part that doesn't engage 99% of the player base.

The_Anabaptist

#24 2019-12-18 18:29:00

SpiritBomb32

jcwilk wrote:
Cantface wrote:

Literally no one except streamers care about the hierarchy shit until jason makes bbs auto follow mama, which given Jason's weird obsession with rank names might not happen. So no worries! You're unlikely to see anyone use it ever

just like fences except this update could actually organize everyone. I played a game yesterday where I was a lord but I didn´t know who follows me or who I followed so the badge/name thing was really confusing because there was also multiple familes. I think there should be some sort of UI that you can click and it pops up a new window or something and shows the entire tree in real time. Saying this is roleplay is like saying relgion irl is roleplay. What jason should do, is double the amount of letters you can type after 8 so that it doesnt just increase linearly. doubling the amount of letters would a huge help since theres an increase in word commands.

- "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."
Add books, please Jason.

#25 2019-12-18 19:11:58

Cantface

jcwilk wrote:

Yeah I noticed in the vid that a decent amount of players were just working to be fair, which is a good sign

SpiritBomb32 wrote:

I played a game yesterday where I was a lord but I didn´t know who follows me or who I followed so the badge/name thing was really confusing because there was also multiple familes. I think there should be some sort of UI that you can click and it pops up a new window or something and shows the entire tree in real time. Saying this is roleplay is like saying relgion irl is roleplay. What jason should do, is double the amount of letters you can type after 8 so that it doesnt just increase linearly. doubling the amount of letters would a huge help since theres an increase in word commands.

You make a couple of good suggestions to make it easier to understand, but whether or not it can be done I have absolutely no idea. I reckon it'll be confusing for most people for a while until we live with it.

You know what feature I would enjoy? Purple dye, that shit would rock my world.

Last edited by Cantface (2019-12-18 19:12:45)

Breasticles

Board footer