One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-12-16 00:06:46

Gogo
Banned

Re: Idea for a leadership ability: Orders

Punkypal wrote:

Great. People are using leadership and hierarchy to organize mass murders. Fun.

I'm thinking about building them some parliament to place all of them there, out of sight. big_smile

Last edited by Gogo (2019-12-16 00:07:09)

#77 2019-12-16 01:08:30

SpiritBomb32

I know im late in the thread and im probably off topic from the main idea because ive only read jason's first post; What if the ding messages take time to travel between members? So it takes like a second to reach the people under king, 2 seconds to reach people under them and so on and so forth. Then when it reaches the end it takes like 15 seconds so that people can be somewhat organized with it but not enough to abuse it much.

- "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."
Add books, please Jason.

#78 2019-12-16 01:54:08

maggie

Here are some issues I've encountered so far:
The messages disappear too quickly with no way to recall them.
kids can't follow unless they can type the whole phrase.
if it's an order the type limit should be set higher so young leaders can ask for things in one go.
Unrelated to leadership; it would be nice to recall map locations with labels as well (it's kind of like walking around with amnesia right now.)
There is a problem in big cities where someone griefs and then runs away so the people in the other part of town have no idea who the griefer is. If there were some way to mark them or maybe when someone is murdered have it say who did it? IDK but they get away with it over and over because of the confusion.

#79 2019-12-16 08:02:32

Kinrany

Maggie, can you use the exile mechanic to mark the griefer?

#80 2019-12-17 14:42:15

Starknight_One

Kinrany wrote:

Maggie, can you use the exile mechanic to mark the griefer?

I'd be very surprised if someone who want to be a griefer doesn't say "I FOLLOW MYSELF" asap. Staying in a hierarchy that can mark you for misdeeds strikes me as particularly unsafe for anyone acting in an anti-social fashion.

#81 2019-12-17 15:05:01

Kinrany

Starknight_One wrote:

I'd be very surprised if someone who want to be a griefer doesn't say "I FOLLOW MYSELF" asap. Staying in a hierarchy that can mark you for misdeeds strikes me as particularly unsafe for anyone acting in an anti-social fashion.

You will still be marked as an exile for everyone who is in the hierarchy.

#82 2019-12-19 02:33:12

maggie

I didn't know about that feature when I posted . I still think messages disappearing and text limits are an issue. as an example. I might be running for a bell and then another one rings and I suffer memory loss, all of a sudden I have no idea where i'm going.

Board footer