One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-10 06:52:02

JasonY

Bring back multi racial babies?

So what if you had a rare chance of having a different baby, This gives isolated villages a chance to progress even if they can't find other families.

I'd say have it happen for boys only just because of entire families changing races would be confusing. Plus it means sometimes you might actually be happy about a male baby for once. You have a chance to feel special and actually make an impact on your town.

Need Content

#2 2019-12-10 07:52:38

sigmen4020

Re: Bring back multi racial babies?

What if you could get multi-racial babies by marrying into a family of another race?

So if two whites from different families married each they would still only get white babies.

But let's say a black and a ginger married each other, and then was given a 25 % chance to get any race as babies.

To better visualize this here is the scale for the races from lightest to darkest:

6uxqF8V.png

And here would be a suggestion for how multi-racial babies could be distributed depending on which race married which:

9wBW5RP.png

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-12-10 07:54:50)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#3 2019-12-11 10:42:34

Bowser

Marrying into other families is kind of cool.  I don't know if the statistics above this post would make sense, but I agree with the principle.

#4 2019-12-12 04:40:03

TheRubyCart

I 100% Agree with this, It's similar to some real life cases and will generally help familys survive

Also, Maybe do this with girls, but give them half as much of a chance to be a different skin colour, This might change whole skin colour if they're the only female (Or if there is only 1 or 2 other females), but I believe it to be worth it

Thank you for reading kind person smile

Last edited by TheRubyCart (2019-12-13 02:59:33)

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#5 2019-12-12 05:01:57

fug

Males being useful in any sense? Idea has to go straight to the trash. Repost with a meme gimmick system that will be ignored for three months before fixing then it can be usable.

Useful males coming in spring 2021.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#6 2019-12-12 06:37:15

Spoonwood

fug wrote:

Males being useful in any sense? Idea has to go straight to the trash. Repost with a meme gimmick system that will be ignored for three months before fixing then it can be usable.

Useful males coming in spring 2021.

If men were more capable than women in some respect, I don't know... maybe even something silly like berry bushes would grow faster if watered by a man than if by a woman (perhaps that's difficult to code since it would mean reworking the code... by in Tynan Sylvester's RimWorld the amount of steel your pawn can get from mining can vary with their ability... so one guy or a small team can code something like that), then villages might want more of a balance between men and women in terms of numbers.  Women to keep the population incoming, men so that enough building got done.  That means it would be more complex and require more strategic thinking about whether or not to keep children if the food supply isn't likely to keep up with demand.  What are the words I'm looking for... maybe something like:

jasonrohrer wrote:

To give you rich, interesting, and weighty choices to make in each life.

Alright...

jasonrohrer wrote:

To ensure that each life really is different.

Something like that too.

jasonrohrer wrote:

To enrich player interaction, communication, and cooperation, and short-circuit the tendency to "just do it all yourself" instead of coordinating your efforts with others.

If male and characters were more different something like that probably would get fulfilled.

jasonrohrer wrote:

To encourage trade between players.

Hey neighbor... we have too few girls, you have too few men.  If we stay in different spots, maybe we should trade?

jasonrohrer wrote:

To add an additional constraint to the game, because constraints are generally good.  More constraints leads to more meaningful choices.

Yeah... gender would be an additional constraint too!  At least in some respect.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8181

It might also be more difficult to climb the tree tech and it's supposed to hard.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that no males have existed on servers 2 through 15 since birthing mechanics last changed.

Anyways, I think the gender system of this game is chock full of problems.  And we're supposed to be interested in problems, aren't we?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2019-12-12 10:03:06

sigmen4020

A really simple way to make males more competitive when compared to females would be to simply give men more tool slots. Like a bonus 2 tool slots on top of everything else.

This would also enforce the males' role as the hard workers of a village.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-12-12 10:04:50)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#8 2019-12-12 22:25:24

jcwilk

sigmen4020 wrote:

A really simple way to make males more competitive when compared to females would be to simply give men more tool slots. Like a bonus 2 tool slots on top of everything else.

This would also enforce the males' role as the hard workers of a village.

Heaven forbid we do anything to suggest men have value, get your ass in-line with pop leftist values or else /s

#9 2019-12-13 02:50:24

pein

how is something a choice when you can't do shit about it?

you born blind, bad choice

would be cool if males could born as a different colour, it would also mean you get the ability to do some other tech but you cannot change your skin color of your family

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2019-12-13 05:48:05

Randomname

I honestly don't care how but we need the races to mix again.  Happens to often that one family pushes another family out either by out breeding or straight up RP genocide, if mix births were again a thing less need to worry (idiots would still kill but they gonna kill anyways)

Board footer