One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-12 10:13:40

Misslina

Game too slow to play

Hello
Let me start with saying i love this game. Its fun to try and live the full hour and raise a working civilization. Sadly, my game has become too slow to play. It takes almost a full minute to walk two squares and its so laggy it jumps around when my mother player carries me. My internet works fine but its getting really annoying to play when i keep dying because my game lags and i jump from full to starving all the time.
Does anybody know how i could fix this?
Thanks in advance!

#2 2018-04-12 10:23:01

Joriom
Website

Re: Game too slow to play

Did you experience those problems before or was game lag free prior to few last updates?
What part of the world are you from? Maybe latency from our country might be to high. Did you try it on custom Eruopean server? I believe we have one already but not sure how populated it is.
If you didn't have problems before - you might try "binding" your client to a specyfic official servers with less population and see if it still lags for you.
How to bind to different server: (Warning, it disables client updates. Remember to disable it if you want to update game after content update)
custom_server_setting.png
List of official servers:
http://onehouronelife.com/reflector/ser … ion=report

#3 2018-04-12 11:48:40

Misslina

It was lag free before. I didnt pkay for a whilr and then came the updates after the apocalypses with horses and the dried mud landscape and snakes since then it has been lagging...im from the netherlands
Ill try the different server thing
Thank you

#4 2018-04-12 11:59:56

Misslina

I tried a couple different servers but that didnt change anything...my person stil moves incredibly slow...any other ideas how to improve? I really miss playing the game

#5 2018-04-12 13:02:57

breezeknight

maybe it's your computer then

... or it's the location of the exe

i have no problems with lag atm

#6 2018-04-12 13:19:30

Joriom
Website

Welp, just to make sure. Did you follow the oldest and most used IT/HelpCenter advice? (Also: the one that works more often than expected somehow...) Did you "close the program and try runing it again"? In this case - did you try to remove all game files and download it again? I know there have been some "Read Only" issues if you took few updates at once... Hearing you didn't play for some time - maybe strange lag is another symptom of the same problem that has been already fixed just day ago?

#7 2018-04-12 13:34:37

Misslina

Ill try deleting the game and redownloading it thank you

Board footer