One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-05 02:19:20

JasonY

Another Question

When a foreign person stabs another and you can't understand what should you do.

I was in the Hub with the Kontz/Dobbie fam, Was two griefers in the other fam. Pretty low tier griefers, One would randomly stab others and his buddy would feed and heal them if anybody decided to fight back.

But I didn't know that it at the time, I always ask "why?" or "?" before I decide whether to kill a murderer. Just because I hate killing dirtbags and then being killed it for it. Anyways none of them spoke my language and I had no idea what to do, I decided not to kill them and after they got off slowdown they stabbed me.

Normally I either understand them enough to know their motives or somebody else stabs them. Usually when the other fam dosn't kill them it means they might've been good. But had the balls to attack or I was the only armed person around.

It makes me wonder if it should have an exception to my rule if I don't speak their language. Also, I hate having bad internet. I cannot kill shit unless they don't move at all and I don't escape shit. Even when it looks I've made it out, A wound will suddenly appear on me.

This is why I made that horse thread, Pein thinks it's so easy to kill people. Not when you have my setup and less experience.

Need Content

#2 2019-12-05 04:12:37

pein

Re: Another Question

Yeah, it is, they did it, is it so hard to see a situation from another perspective? or just the fact that you consider yourself good and others evil and you watched too many western-style catholic movies? whatever twisted thinking they got, surely they won't be suicidal regretful anti-heroes who just wait until you kill them cause of their remorse.
also not hard to look at people what they are doing.

Since the new system is not skill-based, you have to give others the weapon to kill them, and you cover them.

When I was able to dodge, I killed two of the triplet griefers alone and dodged an arrow at slow down, couldn't do it twice and he had no balls to wait for my slow down, but it still was a lesson to them that they shouldn't mess with anyone.

We don't have duel or a system, stay out of it, let others be the heroes, martyrs and baits. You can give them a posse bonus and they might get killed or cursed after. Win-win.

You were 1v2 and misjudging the situation. People are dumb, it's nothing new. I still say that skill-based system at least kept noob griefers on hold.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-12-05 04:58:42

DestinyCall

Personally, I suggest you just move on and don't try to be a hero if you can't understand any of the people involved in a situation like that.   

Write down or remember the name of the guy with the blood knife and keep out of easy stabbing range when he is around you or anyone you care about.   Watch his behavior to determine if he is going to be a problem.    If he is serial killer, it will become very obvious when he kills again and then you can act with a clean consciousness and, most likely, with village support.   If he doesn't kill again and you don't catch him doing other griefer things and he seems to be helping the village, it was probably a justified homicide or a one-off killing.   

Also, remember to CURSE when you find a confirmed griefer.   In theory, cursing is a much more lasting and important punishment.   Killing a griefer just hits the reset button and sends him to plague a different village.   Cursing him and getting others to curse him will limit his respawn options and potentially push him away from future victims.   Don't curse recklessly.   But don't NOT curse when it is justified.    It is important.   Like getting vaccinated against a nasty disease.

#4 2019-12-05 09:32:27

JasonY

pein wrote:

Yeah, it is, they did it, is it so hard to see a situation from another perspective? or just the fact that you consider yourself good and others evil and you watched too many western-style catholic movies? whatever twisted thinking they got, surely they won't be suicidal regretful anti-heroes who just wait until you kill them cause of their remorse.
also not hard to look at people what they are doing.

Since the new system is not skill-based, you have to give others the weapon to kill them, and you cover them.

When I was able to dodge, I killed two of the triplet griefers alone and dodged an arrow at slow down, couldn't do it twice and he had no balls to wait for my slow down, but it still was a lesson to them that they shouldn't mess with anyone.

We don't have duel or a system, stay out of it, let others be the heroes, martyrs and baits. You can give them a posse bonus and they might get killed or cursed after. Win-win.

You were 1v2 and misjudging the situation. People are dumb, it's nothing new. I still say that skill-based system at least kept noob griefers on hold.

You don't account for lag. I didn't know the other guy was also griefing till afterwards.

I feel like refusing to kill a griefer because "someone else will" is bad form. I love that you are always patronizing even when you are seemingly trying to help.

Need Content

Board footer