One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-03 03:13:20

Lava

Eve Spiral Too far apart

The Spiral is Waaaaaaaay to big. I was living in bell and a lady told me she came from 7k away then handed me a map(she was 45)!! How is trade/interaction supposed to happen when its impossible to reach a bell town in a single life. Everyone tooo spread out. To far for ANY interaction w/ horse which is everyone but blacks. Would be nice for closer eve spawns.

Last edited by Lava (2019-12-03 03:25:39)

#2 2019-12-03 03:38:05

Spoonwood

Re: Eve Spiral Too far apart

I don't see why you would need to trade with people in the belltower town.  There probably exist other families closer that can help your family.  I mean, are the belltower town people the only other people that you could trade with?  Also, new spawns either run up or down from the previous spawn, and only move left otherwise.  They never run right.  Given new Eve spawns happening (how do Eve spawning mechanics work these days?), you might trade with an early camp by running left.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-12-03 03:41:28)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2019-12-03 04:05:16

Lava

Spoonwood wrote:

I don't see why you would need to trade with people in the belltower town.  There probably exist other families closer that can help your family.  I mean, are the belltower town people the only other people that you could trade with?  Also, new spawns either run up or down from the previous spawn, and only move left otherwise.  They never run right.  Given new Eve spawns happening (how do Eve spawning mechanics work these days?), you might trade with an early camp by running left.

First off, its already very hard to find people around you that are "close" to you because theyre not. I was using Bell town as an example. Yesterday distance between bell and eve villages was 3k and it suddenly jumped to 7k (4k difference). Should these highly advanced towns die out after a day bc of spiral all the time or should player interaction happen in those towns since they account for 10-20 people on the server. Bell towns should run a couple of days until the area/oil surrounding town is fully exploited like Jason intended. It shouldn't be a tedious process just to find a town let alone interact with it.

#4 2019-12-03 04:38:01

pein

it's not a spiral, it's a line 

I seen quite a lot of spots which weren't taken at all.
I survived from 2.3 yo girl when my mom died to a mosquito. Her intention was to find a town to help out as we were brown skin so we could get the rubber for others. So I thought I honour her wishes, and it was late so that was kinda dumb thing enough to pass my time. Since both my daughters stayed, I gave one a pack and carried the other to like 12 years, was kinda funny.

Then accidentally stepped on a 2 tile ice cause of a tree behind it, anyway I had 2 packs since I carried some tool heads from a town I found earlier, so my 2nd girl had to carry a basket. But at most points, we had a baby to be carried, going around the special biomes is a better choice as a group, since we can carry food and babies.
This means you can go trough one special biome if you are not white, and you go around the other two which is like half of the map, and this makes you run slower than before, we were making a steady 100 tile per minute. I had a few kids, most of em stayed, one quit on me, two girls, 2 sons stayed, one died, then 2 grandkids.
unknown.png

As Vanvoorens, we had the most girls at that point when Bernadette was born, we were around 4500 when the rest of the kids suicide on us, then I died at 5600, they continued to run, but they weren't lucky with girls.
unknown.png

I started at -8800 from bell so I never had the chance that I make it, and I kinda wanted to settle at like 2000 tiles, but found no cities. Then we just enjoyed running and joking about stuff, from 79 players, 7 of us did this so it became a thing, we just didn't stop.
Eventually, I thought we do the bell run and my grandkids might make it.

Seems my son and grandson made it, along with my bigger girl, my smaller girl might arrive too, she was less experienced but enjoyed the run, especially that I carried her for that long.

I wouldn't do this type of play again for a while, or at all, but was refreshing this time, also a good experiment on the speed and if we see towns.

This was kind of certain to me but now I was even more reassured that new camps show up slightly south as we go on with the Eve spawns. First at -230 then each 1000 tiles, seems to be at least 10% more south. Not sure why, the snake shape Eve spawns don't fully indicate it, maybe that the 2nd eve can't go south so makes a town east or west, then the next one ends up south a bit, or just natural habit that people run downwards to find a spot.

unknown.png
SNAGHTML26bceeec.png

Current median seems to be -400 where towns are middle of civilization, the bell towns got a 10% downslope as you go to the left, and a much higher chance to find towns if you go south then run diagonal upward.

So if you are -8000 from bell then you need to run to left, but same time you can go downwards diagonally, that means that you go SE 700 tiles, you end up at -7300 -700 then steadily keep to the right, ever so slightly going north 10 tiles per 100 you end up on a previous camp of someone.
This kinda went off topic a bit.

Anyway, there is nothing special about those few camps that are there, and families die constantly if I play a day, next day maybe 1-2 of the families are alive from the previous day. So we shift 3-4k to the left. The above map even shows that we mostly skipped trough 1000 tiles for some reason.

Now we had yesterday a 9000 long box, within 8 days which means 1200ish tiles a day. We just can't keep up with long fast roads on the middle line, we drift away from old towns and it's not the best thing to run so far. It's not fun as a day by day activity, I got work, I might play 1-2 lives, then next day I'm 4000 from Bell town, next day 8000 from it. I really made a big effort making the first bell, repopulating twice, exploring most of 2000x1000 tiles within 3 lives.

The above map shows around 30 viable cities within 9000 tiles. In the other topic the other guy listed around 5 towns after a journey with a horse, I could say the same from my experience running from the ruins of the first bell town before it was a bell town.

Ginger and black towns leave some value behind, like rubber, sulfur and horses, gingers tend to leave stuff on ice, whites are useless.

A dead camp looks like this:
shqU28K.png
A room, a decayed pen, a griefed base, a few bones. Nothing really to stay for, you might drop a girl and continue exploring but chances are that they die in few generations, happened to my daughter and son left behind, I found like 9 graves, so 2 gen until they died out.

As for a solution?
Maybe the snake pattern should have a limit, turn back on a northern coordinate above this line, then go back to 0.
Tarr monument had the effect of keeping people closer to the centre of the map. Since I missed the first few days of the wipe, and others didn't care, and very soon we were already at 8000 tiles from the middle, we can't find any good spot to know where we are in the world.
We might need some way stones that give an idea of where we are. Maybe the monoliths should move to the badlands and tell us how far are we from the middle of the map. Or some other monuments, or something similar.

Faster travel could also be a thing, instead of landing pads decaying we should be able to mark the names of airport and choose a destination. Other ways of fast travel, like a train station maybe. Would be just an entrance and an exit between towns. As for a cost, your life expectancy would go down a few years so if you travel a lot you die sooner.

I would call 2500 a good distance. 1500 a medium and like 700 a minimum.
The sector idea I had could make certain areas of map more interesting if the map generation is different, it would give a flavour, also would give a sense to moving there. Maybe some underground cave system would allow you to enter a side and travel like 500 tiles in a direction, they could be temporary, rare and hard to find, or would be only available after you travel 1000 tiles alone. You could enter there and exit a few hundreed away instantly.

I mean, I thought about portals as a very high tech travel option, but then when you got high tech, you don't need to travel, maybe if you want to be charitable. hardly anyone goes back to original towns to help them, everyone runs to the big city life.

We need some high roll, low tech travel option with some randomness to it.
Maybe some sort of other transport options, like donkeys for other families, black fam has huge advantage now with the tech choices, brown has the easiest way to get rubber, they only need sulfur.

There are maybe a handful of people who can remember certain patterns, know the signs (rabbits, eggs, which side of swamp the clay was taken, which soil piles are lower, where the springs point to). If it's hard or demotivating for me to travel more than 2000 tiles, average players won't even do 500. I mean I even got the experience from the grave bug, I had a few lives of travelling between towns 1000-1500 away if I knew some coordinates, but without that is kinda pointless and not too fun. All you find is decaying camps, camps seems to be around 300 away, most of they die  at low level and you really need to be lucky to find someone around 700-1000 away.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2019-12-03 05:26:16

Lava

pein wrote:

it's not a spiral, it's a line 

I seen quite a lot of spots which weren't taken at all.
I survived from 2.3 yo girl when my mom died to a mosquito. Her intention was to find a town to help out as we were brown skin so we could get the rubber for others. So I thought I honour her wishes, and it was late so that was kinda dumb thing enough to pass my time. Since both my daughters stayed, I gave one a pack and carried the other to like 12 years, was kinda funny.

Then accidentally stepped on a 2 tile ice cause of a tree behind it, anyway I had 2 packs since I carried some tool heads from a town I found earlier, so my 2nd girl had to carry a basket. But at most points, we had a baby to be carried, going around the special biomes is a better choice as a group, since we can carry food and babies.
This means you can go trough one special biome if you are not white, and you go around the other two which is like half of the map, and this makes you run slower than before, we were making a steady 100 tile per minute. I had a few kids, most of em stayed, one quit on me, two girls, 2 sons stayed, one died, then 2 grandkids.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png

As Vanvoorens, we had the most girls at that point when Bernadette was born, we were around 4500 when the rest of the kids suicide on us, then I died at 5600, they continued to run, but they weren't lucky with girls.

I started at -8800 from bell so I never had the chance that I make it, and I kinda wanted to settle at like 2000 tiles, but found no cities. Then we just enjoyed running and joking about stuff, from 79 players, 7 of us did this so it became a thing, we just didn't stop.
Eventually, I thought we do the bell run and my grandkids might make it.

Seems my son and grandson made it, along with my bigger girl, my smaller girl might arrive too, she was less experienced but enjoyed the run, especially that I carried her for that long.

I wouldn't do this type of play again for a while, or at all, but was refreshing this time, also a good experiment on the speed and if we see towns.

This was kind of certain to me but now I was even more reassured that new camps show up slightly south as we go on with the Eve spawns. First at -230 then each 1000 tiles, seems to be at least 10% more south. Not sure why, the snake shape Eve spawns don't fully indicate it, maybe that the 2nd eve can't go south so makes a town east or west, then the next one ends up south a bit, or just natural habit that people run downwards to find a spot.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … bceeec.png

Current median seems to be -400 where towns are middle of civilization, the bell towns got a 10% downslope as you go to the left, and a much higher chance to find towns if you go south then run diagonal upward.

So if you are -8000 from bell then you need to run to left, but same time you can go downwards diagonally, that means that you go SE 700 tiles, you end up at -7300 -700 then steadily keep to the right, ever so slightly going north 10 tiles per 100 you end up on a previous camp of someone.
This kinda went off topic a bit.

Anyway, there is nothing special about those few camps that are there, and families die constantly if I play a day, next day maybe 1-2 of the families are alive from the previous day. So we shift 3-4k to the left. The above map even shows that we mostly skipped trough 1000 tiles for some reason.

Now we had yesterday a 9000 long box, within 8 days which means 1200ish tiles a day. We just can't keep up with long fast roads on the middle line, we drift away from old towns and it's not the best thing to run so far. It's not fun as a day by day activity, I got work, I might play 1-2 lives, then next day I'm 4000 from Bell town, next day 8000 from it. I really made a big effort making the first bell, repopulating twice, exploring most of 2000x1000 tiles within 3 lives.

The above map shows around 30 viable cities within 9000 tiles. In the other topic the other guy listed around 5 towns after a journey with a horse, I could say the same from my experience running from the ruins of the first bell town before it was a bell town.

Ginger and black towns leave some value behind, like rubber, sulfur and horses, gingers tend to leave stuff on ice, whites are useless.

A dead camp looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/shqU28K.png
A room, a decayed pen, a griefed base, a few bones. Nothing really to stay for, you might drop a girl and continue exploring but chances are that they die in few generations, happened to my daughter and son left behind, I found like 9 graves, so 2 gen until they died out.

As for a solution?
Maybe the snake pattern should have a limit, turn back on a northern coordinate above this line, then go back to 0.
Tarr monument had the effect of keeping people closer to the centre of the map. Since I missed the first few days of the wipe, and others didn't care, and very soon we were already at 8000 tiles from the middle, we can't find any good spot to know where we are in the world.
We might need some way stones that give an idea of where we are. Maybe the monoliths should move to the badlands and tell us how far are we from the middle of the map. Or some other monuments, or something similar.

Faster travel could also be a thing, instead of landing pads decaying we should be able to mark the names of airport and choose a destination. Other ways of fast travel, like a train station maybe. Would be just an entrance and an exit between towns. As for a cost, your life expectancy would go down a few years so if you travel a lot you die sooner.

I would call 2500 a good distance. 1500 a medium and like 700 a minimum.
The sector idea I had could make certain areas of map more interesting if the map generation is different, it would give a flavour, also would give a sense to moving there. Maybe some underground cave system would allow you to enter a side and travel like 500 tiles in a direction, they could be temporary, rare and hard to find, or would be only available after you travel 1000 tiles alone. You could enter there and exit a few hundreed away instantly.

I mean, I thought about portals as a very high tech travel option, but then when you got high tech, you don't need to travel, maybe if you want to be charitable. hardly anyone goes back to original towns to help them, everyone runs to the big city life.

We need some high roll, low tech travel option with some randomness to it.
Maybe some sort of other transport options, like donkeys for other families, black fam has huge advantage now with the tech choices, brown has the easiest way to get rubber, they only need sulfur.

There are maybe a handful of people who can remember certain patterns, know the signs (rabbits, eggs, which side of swamp the clay was taken, which soil piles are lower, where the springs point to). If it's hard or demotivating for me to travel more than 2000 tiles, average players won't even do 500. I mean I even got the experience from the grave bug, I had a few lives of travelling between towns 1000-1500 away if I knew some coordinates, but without that is kinda pointless and not too fun. All you find is decaying camps, camps seems to be around 300 away, most of they die  at low level and you really need to be lucky to find someone around 700-1000 away.

When I refer to a spiral I refer to how they spread out, no need to be technical in this context the line is the spiral because that's how players are being spread out lol. Also, starting a town and actually having it survive are drastically different, you need the other races for it to actually survive.

Last edited by Lava (2019-12-03 05:27:19)

#6 2019-12-03 05:45:20

pein

you don't, towns can go much longer than families
you can revive it later, you just need the special resources.
in this context blacks are less unique, they can set up towns, they leave values behind but they are not required to run the town. they need to pick out some sulfur from the desert and that's it.

in case of browns, they need to do rubber runs in Newcomen phase and kinda fun with tattoos and stuff, rubber also good on carts and horses and when you can't make it you don't really afford on it, I mean is useful to double your horse capacity but when the dumbest girl runs away to make her own camp, she loses it anyway.

gingers can also just drop the oil for others but that can be technically done in a bigger batch and then they aren't needed that much.

You can create an influx of players and horses with a bell, that's easier as ginger but can be done as a black but once is done, the bell tower needs no maitenance.

So knowledge of the place is valuable, and any family that rings the bell gets a few players who will help them out.

If you start the same time, yes, you can just kill yourself as white or ginger cause the black and brown-skinned leave more useful stuff behind but later on you can use that progress with any skin tone.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2019-12-03 09:11:51

Spoonwood

Lava wrote:

Should these highly advanced towns die out after a day bc of spiral all the time or should player interaction happen in those towns since they account for 10-20 people on the server.

The problem with advanced towns lies in that earlier camps usually involve more civilization building than later camps, while cities, in contrast, involve more civilization maintainence and less civilization building comparatively.  The berry bushes get grown early and then just get rewatered.  Pies first get cooked on newly fired plates early on and eventually it's just old plates getting reused for pies.  Flooring and buildings get put up for town functions and after a while that's done and, well, there's no maintainence needed.  Flooring around farms gets done early and then after a while it's not done at all.

That isn't to say that living in advanced towns is easier than early to mid game camps.  However, this makes for a game of civilization building.  Also, the game went down the road of basically of having the vast majority of camps being advanced towns before The Rift and during it.  The game got stale for a lot of people.  And that doesn't surprise me as I've seen some veteran low pop players basically leave their advanced cities and voluntarily start over, because the end game has a limit, and civilization maintainence doesn't hold their interest for all that long, or they run out of creative ideas.

That isn't to say that having advanced camps around doesn't have value.  It does.  There exist things to do in an advanced city that people in their right mind won't think about doing earlier like Christmas trees and radios.  But, it's better to have advanced camps die out than to have too few early camps.

I'm not convinced that newer camps interacting with advanced towns has all that much value.  Especially with war swords existing.  But, even if they didn't, I'm not seeing an advantage for advanced towns to trade with newer camps as opposed to newer camps trading with newer camps.  So long as it's happening naturally (not because Jason changes things to make wiping of those camps happen earlier... it should be a week), those camps ceasing to exist is better than people always ending up there.

That said, sure, the zigzag might spread people out too far.  But, if it is, I would guess that's because it's not running up and down enough more than anything else.

Danish Clinch.

#8 2019-12-03 09:27:51

Spoonwood

pein wrote:

I think it's unfortunate that the Tarr monument basically becomes dead content on bigserver2, since the zizag tends left.

pein wrote:

Faster travel could also be a thing, instead of landing pads decaying we should be able to mark the names of airport and choose a destination.

I've also been wondering about 'what was the reason behind landing pads decaying?' lately.  Cities could still really struggle due to lack of different races now, but if landing strips didn't decay that would make them more viable while also not killing off new camps as The Rift did and changes to birth mechanics did before that also.  And as I would think obvious, it would also motivate more of technology in the game.  As I recall Tarr had some reasoning that I think convinced Jason to make it so that landing strips decayed, but it might be outdated, or might not be as much as a serious concern as he thought.

Danish Clinch.

#9 2019-12-03 09:34:54

Spoonwood

Lava wrote:

When I refer to a spiral I refer to how they spread out, no need to be technical in this context the line is the spiral because that's how players are being spread out lol. Also, starting a town and actually having it survive are drastically different, you need the other races for it to actually survive.

My recollection of the Eve spiral was that I'd hear belltowers like 15k or 21k on bigserver2.  It also wouldn't have any predictable direction, and after a few Eves, everyone would end up in a ring.  Also, there was a short period where I played with Hetuw mod allowing me to see the distance to other families on the map, and they were often much more than 7k away even if they didn't have a belltower up.  And families aren't ending up on the right side of the Tarr monument.  They would be were it the case we had an Eve spiral instead of this leftbound zigzag.  So again, no it's not a spiral and anyone saying that isn't speaking accurately.

Danish Clinch.

#10 2019-12-03 17:44:10

Grim_Arbiter

Thanks for that post pein, it confirmed my suspicions.

Yeah either the eve spawning needs to be dropped down a peg, or the spawning needs to be tightened.

We are way to far from everything.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#11 2019-12-03 17:51:24

miskas

there is also this bug
eve spawn position will move every after a tutorial player or donkey town player borns.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8551

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#12 2019-12-03 17:58:50

Spoonwood

miskas wrote:

there is also this bug
eve spawn position will move every after a tutorial player or donkey town player borns.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8551

Well that certainly could be the main factor here.

Danish Clinch.

#13 2019-12-03 22:07:56

StrongForce

If landing stripes didn't decay we could get back there

Baby dance!!

#14 2019-12-03 22:16:38

Bowser

Spoonwood wrote:

The thing is bell tower towns are just about the only kind of town you can easily find.  They are designed for it with how they function; a place to meet other families and trade.

How are you going to find a random town in the wilderness, how do you even know which direction to go except for pure dumb luck?  You go the wrong way and you could be riding forever until you die and find nothing but dust.

So yeah, I think they are a little too spread out, but it's okay if that's how it is going to be.

#15 2019-12-03 22:23:33

Grim_Arbiter

Bowser wrote:

The thing is bell tower towns are just about the only kind of town you can easily find.  They are designed for it with how they function; a place to meet other families and trade.

How are you going to find a random town in the wilderness, how do you even know which direction to go except for pure dumb luck?  You go the wrong way and you could be riding forever until you die and find nothing but dust.

So yeah, I think they are a little too spread out, but it's okay if that's how it is going to be.

There are those new way stones. I have used them a couple times to find nearby towns recently.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#16 2019-12-03 22:41:42

Spoonwood

Bowser wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

I think Jason wants that sort of situation to occur sometimes.  It means there's a possibility of failure, and I think his line of thinking that in order for something to feel like a real challenge, there has to exist a strong enough possibility of failure.  That said, he's also said that there's a delicate balance there.

Danish Clinch.

#17 2019-12-04 08:18:08

fug

Towns are currently way WAAAAAY too far apart as of the bell town living and Eves spawning further and further from it.

1vPBa1D.jpg

Taking a peak at the server population (really off hour but the point stands) we have four families which seems pretty good except we have some MAJOR problems.

-Two of the families are ginger, one is white, one is black. No browns at all on the server which means the tech tree can't be climbed any further than deep well. Once the whites/west side gingers run out of water they've got to move or fetch it.

-Holy shit are people way too spread. Pika gingers live 10k~ west of the bell, Fran whites live about 8k~ and Dobbie blacks + Kontz gingers live at or very close to the bell. How in Gods name are people supposed to trade or do anything if the needed specialty family (in this case dobbie or the nonexistent brown family) are that far away? Even once a brown family spawns the blacks are too far away to help them do anything and the gingers/whites are useless on their own basically.

If you're gonna push the idea people are dependent on other lineages you can't have people spawning a lifetime+ away from each other.

My suggestion is to have the Eve Spiral (I'm not calling it an Eve Zigzag that sounds stupid as fuck.) reset itself back to 0,0 after going at least 3k out. According to Pein the lineages are moving around 1200 tiles a day with the current spiral which is about 5~ minutes walk meaning after a few days the Eve spiral would soft reset back through towns and areas already built up.

If you dislike the idea of the spiral always cutting through the same town areas then I recommend just having the zigzags shift every time it would reach the end. Start going west then once it hits 3k shift north from (0,0) then east, then finally south, then repeat. About every 2.5 days or so the spiral would shift naturally while leaving players still able to make towns outside of the spawn area.

Basically the game shouldn't be balanced around needing others if they're a 50 minute walk away.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#18 2019-12-04 08:28:11

DestinyCall

Frankly, I think that the game should just not be balanced around needing three other families when we can barely support six families during peak play times.

It's dumb.

#19 2019-12-04 08:38:01

fug

DestinyCall wrote:

Frankly, I think that the game should just not be balanced around needing three other families when we can barely support six families during peak play times.

It's dumb.

I mean I definitely agree the game shouldn't be balanced around having all the flavors of the rainbow. I'd rather the races do something special like gingers catch special fish, black people get faster or more patient horses, and tan people grow more/better fruit trees.

There's no reason to trade in the game even with all these stipulations he's put in. You either move in together or die.

At least giving people special items that aren't required means there's a reason to not all live together meaning maybe people would trade.

"Oh, you have special fruit trees we can't get saplings from how about I give you some of our special fishing bait for them?"

Of course things have to be worth making but it is clearly a better idea than how its handled right now.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#20 2019-12-04 09:38:00

jcwilk

fug wrote:

Towns are currently way WAAAAAY too far apart as of the bell town living and Eves spawning further and further from it.

http://i.imgur.com/1vPBa1D.jpg

Taking a peak at the server population (really off hour but the point stands) we have four families which seems pretty good except we have some MAJOR problems.

-Two of the families are ginger, one is white, one is black. No browns at all on the server which means the tech tree can't be climbed any further than deep well. Once the whites/west side gingers run out of water they've got to move or fetch it.

-Holy shit are people way too spread. Pika gingers live 10k~ west of the bell, Fran whites live about 8k~ and Dobbie blacks + Kontz gingers live at or very close to the bell. How in Gods name are people supposed to trade or do anything if the needed specialty family (in this case dobbie or the nonexistent brown family) are that far away? Even once a brown family spawns the blacks are too far away to help them do anything and the gingers/whites are useless on their own basically.

If you're gonna push the idea people are dependent on other lineages you can't have people spawning a lifetime+ away from each other.

My suggestion is to have the Eve Spiral (I'm not calling it an Eve Zigzag that sounds stupid as fuck.) reset itself back to 0,0 after going at least 3k out. According to Pein the lineages are moving around 1200 tiles a day with the current spiral which is about 5~ minutes walk meaning after a few days the Eve spiral would soft reset back through towns and areas already built up.

If you dislike the idea of the spiral always cutting through the same town areas then I recommend just having the zigzags shift every time it would reach the end. Start going west then once it hits 3k shift north from (0,0) then east, then finally south, then repeat. About every 2.5 days or so the spiral would shift naturally while leaving players still able to make towns outside of the spawn area.

Basically the game shouldn't be balanced around needing others if they're a 50 minute walk away.

Sounds like it's time for another vanilla purge *grips his knife tighter, drool pooling*

#21 2019-12-04 16:56:53

Gogo
Banned

This is ridiculous. I destroyed my home marker and bell marker was 7k away. I ride there and... there was NOTHING there. Some village before, without a bell. That marker leads me to nowhere, why?

There was absolutely nothing along the road.

We're too far away. hmm

Last edited by Gogo (2019-12-04 16:58:15)

Board footer