One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-29 18:48:25

Lexyvil

Story: The First Gingers in a Biracial Town

I was born as a girl called Evie Lucky to an Eve called Eve Lucky, who was a ginger.

We were alone in the wild, and we had traveled for a few years until we stumbled on a town belonging to the Burns family where I would later be born in, in a future life. The Burns had a dark skin tone, and among them were a few brown coloured individuals--another foreign family. My mom and I were relieved to find a new place to stay. However, nobody could understand our language, and we could not understand anyone else's, for we were the foreigners in these lands. My mom and I both worked hard to help these families to show that we came in peace. Sometimes I leaned towards objects in front of others as a way to communicate, and they understood.

After my mom died, I was the only ginger in town, and I was growing old with no children to further my legacy. Two members of the Burns family eventually came to me and tried to explain a few things which I did not understand due to their unknown language. One of them later handed me a piece of paper that I could finally read and understand: "Follow". They wanted me to follow them, and I did--They lead me to a snowy area just west of the village. They stopped by the edge of the snowy biome, and I knew exactly what they wanted me to do: They needed a resource that only I, a person with the right skin tone that could withstand the cold, could get. As the only ginger in town, I had a sudden role to play to eventually save the village.

Travelling in the snow, I found a Tarry Spot, which I assumed was what they needed, but sadly I did not have the materials needed to experiment with it. I couldn't communicate with the villagers to ask for help on that, and it was almost my time. I passed away back in the village before I could fulfill my role as the only ginger capable to bring them the resources they needed.

I felt bad, but I was happy I tried. It was one of my most eventful lives yet.

The Family Tree: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5570790

Last edited by Lexyvil (2019-11-29 21:58:30)

#2 2019-11-30 05:32:35

pein

Re: Story: The First Gingers in a Biracial Town

Gingers are late-game, actually, the way our first bell town was repopulated was trough Disco gingers, I took a girl there then another, and started the oil

they never had kerosene so they died out, despite having the engine for hours

they rubber got stolen so they still needed a black person, but I could make the gold for the bell and left it there so people can finish the tower

The second bell is very close, like -400 200 and as I seen it's also multi racial, The Vodolas got there by using the Starling horses.

Never been born there but it's just across the Oil spot in -123 84 so the very similar distance from it.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-11-30 06:12:48

Spoonwood

"Yay, we made an engine!" thinks the newish smith.

Uh-oh... we don't have oil up, knows the veteran.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2019-11-30 07:33:00

DestinyCall

As a ginger, you can also gather salt water and gold for other races.   

If you are not part of an advanced town, chances are very good that you won't be able to do anything interesting with a tarry spot in less than ten minutes.   But you can fill a bucket full of salt water for making saurkraut or black dye.   And you can mine gold ore for making bell towers.

Board footer