One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-11-18 20:57:18

DestinyCall

Re: How do you parent children? this is my way.

When I'm a guy, I usually leave most of the parenting to my wife.  Not because I don't care about my children, but so I can work hard to provide for them.   I try to make distinctive hats so it is easier to find my sons and daughters when they grow older.    They are usually mislabeled as my nieces or nephews, so I want to make sure I don't embrasses myself by confusing my own son with my sister's kid.

If possible, I try to be present when my wife goes into labor, but pregnency is a brief and hectic time, so that is not always possible.  If I miss that magical moment, I still like to be present during the naming ceramony, although I always let my wife do the honors.   She did the really hard part, afterall.

After the child has been named, I will give them sage fatherly advice like "Stay warm, son" or "Watch out, there is a wolf north of the village." or "We need more plates."

If my kid asks for a job, I will do my best to point him in the right direction, but as a general rule, I like to encourage my kids to follow their dreams and do what they love.   And I make sure that all my children know that their dad loves them and makes sweet hats.

#27 2019-11-18 21:44:09

Kaveh

Man I had a life where a lil boi and I were born right after each other and kinda stuck together our entire life. When I'd get a bab the first thing I'd do was show the kid to its father and we'd decide on a name together. We both died of old age (again almost at the same time ofc), surrounded by all our kids.
That life was precious.

#28 2019-11-18 21:50:32

DestinyCall

Was your name Belladonna, by any chance?

#29 2019-11-19 07:25:25

Gomez

Hi baby! 

Asks for name? I'll name you when I'm forty if you live X years til I'm forty.

Perform follow test. If fail retest, fail again? let baby die.

Perform stay test.  Won't stay? Retest doesn't stay? Won't raise.

Tell only thing mama wanna hear if K or F.  F for food and K as acknowledgement.  Failure to stop talking?  Abandoned / disowned.

Give relevant village and situational data.

Clothe if  available, name if they didn't ask.

Might ask them to saw logs or drill discs if none in town.  Basically tax them a tool slot which all Eves should do imo.

Send em on their way.

That's an ideal scene obviously sometimes it's just stay on the fire mama is busy.

Last edited by Gomez (2019-11-19 07:25:54)

#30 2019-11-19 12:58:43

Kaveh

^ You seem like a terrible mother

DestinyCall wrote:

Was your name Belladonna, by any chance?

Neel Dyke (my husbando was Fabrizzio Dyke)

#31 2019-11-19 19:32:36

Saolin

Typically I'll greet the baby, look for clothes, and give a tour of the town. If a new player I will emphasize the kitchen is a good place to get food, and ask if they want to learn anything. If I don't get the "new player" notification I will try to mention any jobs the town needs worked on to give them a head up on the state of the town. Once this is accomplished we can exchange pleasantries and emotes until they're old enough smile But then they're cut off.. lol jk

Last edited by Saolin (2019-11-19 19:34:00)

#32 2019-11-19 21:21:01

arkajalka

Having zoom mod doesnt tell anything about how experienced the player is. I run vanilla only and have 1000 hours.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#33 2019-11-19 21:36:52

miskas

arkajalka wrote:

Having zoom mod doesnt tell anything about how experienced the player is. I run vanilla only and have 1000 hours.

thats why I am asking if they know one tech as well.

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#34 2019-11-20 00:29:46

Gogo
Banned

Update: I tell them "fuck u bb, uninstall this game, cause update makes it unplayable". smile

Board footer