One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-16 11:33:07

ahead

Play your game, jason

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … 3041_1.jpg
The images explain themseves, but if you haven't figured it out, everything is broken server didn't reset after the update, reset it manually or do something to fix this monstrocity.

Sorry, nothing

#2 2019-11-16 11:51:48

QuirkySmirkyIan

Re: Play your game, jason

Yeah I took a lot of screenshots of some cursed ohol images biomes are glitched and towns did not reset the only thing that changed/reset are the biomes. Please fix!

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#3 2019-11-16 13:01:06

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Yeah it's pretty frustrating to get thrown off your horse in the middle of a green biome. Then it keeps happening cause you don't know where the borders are.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#4 2019-11-16 14:35:06

wondible

Jason knew this would happen. Possibly was thinking more about the buildings and other manmade structures than the touched natural objects.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#5 2019-11-16 15:47:45

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Wait, what?  You're getting thrown off your horse in a green biome?

Stuff out-of-biome is expected.... but the new biome borders should be the new biome borders.  I'll check what's going on.

#7 2019-11-16 16:58:28

DestinyCall

This game could use an official test server where major changes are beta-tested by willing members of the community before they go "live" on the main server.

That would spare new players from experiencing these kind of goof-ups as their first exposure to the game and ensure that by the time changes are pushed to the main server, the major issues have been adequately resolved.   Over the last year, it feels like every single major update has left the game unplayable or noticeably broken for hours or days.    I am well-aware that Jason is a one-man team and that he DOES do play-testing prior to release to catch most of the problems himself.   He does the best he can to get it right and I'm sure that there are many issues that we never see, because they are caught and fixed during that testing phase.  OHOL is an incredibly complex game with many interwoven systems, so it is not surprising that some things slip through and make it into the weekly update.   But game-breaking bugs are introduced into the main game by updates far too often.    Ideally, we shouldn't be seeing these updates in game until they are ready.    I would rather wait another week or two weeks for the worst bugs to get caught and removed, instead of routinely finding the game in an unplayable state right before the weekend or when I'm trying to show it to a new player.   It is very frustrating and unprofessional.

#8 2019-11-16 18:47:10

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Yeah weird biome borders were all over the place. I'd get thrown off randomly and have to try to skirt around whatever biome the game thought was there and continuously be thrown off.

I could walk in there fine without the debuff but I would always be thrown off my horse.

Last edited by DiscardedSlinky (2019-11-16 18:47:34)

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#9 2019-11-16 21:14:53

Grim_Arbiter

This map is a heavy throwback now.

Now you newer guys get to experience what animals not in thier right biome and the hell of always having to watch for mosquitoes feels like.

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-11-16 21:15:49)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#10 2019-11-16 21:28:04

DestinyCall

Kinda makes me want to build a new town on a desert border for the nostalgia factor.

And because it would be funny to laugh at the new people getting heat stoke ...

#11 2019-11-16 22:52:48

Stormyzabeast

DestinyCall wrote:

I would rather wait another week or two weeks for the worst bugs to get caught and removed, instead of routinely finding the game in an unplayable state right before the weekend or when I'm trying to show it to a new player.   It is very frustrating and unprofessional.

Yes! Ugh

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#12 2019-11-16 23:06:39

Kaveh

DestinyCall wrote:

Over the last year, it feels like every single major update has left the game unplayable or noticeably broken for hours or days.

When I saw the update was rolled out I decided to check the forums before playing, and feel like that was the right decision. I'll wait a bit for things to calm down so I can actually play.

#13 2019-11-17 02:30:32

Echwel

#14 2019-11-17 12:04:47

The_Anabaptist

Pretty sure only masochists and newbies play on update day anymore.  I too have been waiting weeks at a time nowadays.  Dumping a clearly untested update on a production server is just terrible customer service.  I'm continually amazed at how it is treated as the norm here.

The_Anabaptist

Board footer