One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-12 01:06:15

Legs

Picking an Impossible Lock

On the east side of the farm there is a row of boxes. The top one holds a diesel engine and it's locked. The town's well is using a newcomen pump, but don't worry. They have an engine ready to go. All you have to do is pick that lock, right?

I've lived several lives in this town recently and it's been annoying me every time. The box with the engine is impossible to open.

Don't get me wrong I've picked locks before. Grab your chisel and file, make a lock and key. Lock something, file the key, there's your lock pick. It doesn't work on this box. "Lock removal key - A." Okay. Maybe a griefer made a whole bunch of lock sets and this one is lock removal key - B or C. So I made more boxes, more locks, more keys. No combination of installing locks or filing keys worked. It's impossible to open that box holding the engine.

Is there something I'm missing here or is it just a bug? I didn't want to make a thread for this but it's driving me nuts not knowing.

Loco Motion

#2 2019-11-12 01:37:07

JackTreehorn

Re: Picking an Impossible Lock

You don't need any more than one lock set to pick a lock. Once you figured out key A doesn't work you can turn the key into a lock removal A with a file and remove the lock off the box you locked. Then use a hammer to turn the lock set into a blank. Then you can use the file to make it lock set B and lock the box again. Repeat until you find out which lock it is. A good idea is to write down on a piece of paper next to your computer which locks you have tried.

also only lock chests as you cannot remove the lock from signs.

Last edited by JackTreehorn (2019-11-12 01:41:12)

Eve Audette

#3 2019-11-12 06:24:03

fug

JackTreehorn wrote:

also only lock chests as you cannot remove the lock from signs.

You remove locks on signs by using a normal key on them instead of filing the key and using the lock removal key on it. I know it makes no sense but that's how it works.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#4 2019-11-12 12:15:58

pein

that town had 2 keys, the third box was another key
has now 2 engines and a few kerosenes there

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer