One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-31 04:56:27

denriguez

My Great (x3) Granddaughter killed me twice

Kind of a fun story.

I had lived a simple life as Kya Gomez. I had a couple of daughters, one of whom, Brand, was brand new. Her name was an accident.

Anyhow, Brand carried on the lineage.

Later, I was born as a girl to a woman named Beatrice in an unfamiliar town. Immediately I could tell that she was lovely. Blonde hair, clothed in red, busily attending to some task I didn't quite catch. She lifted me into her arms and took me outside of the town gate.

Then, casually, she ran back inside the gate, closing it behind her. She had left me there to die. I whistled, but no one came.

My next life, as Ardi Lissak, I vowed to exact my revenge. As soon as I could mount a horse, I started scouring the rift in search of my mother who abandoned me. I did not know where to look, but I wouldn't give up until I saw her grave or laid in my own.

Finally, after seeing three corners of the rift: a familiar stone wall. A gate. A pile of bones from an unnamed person. My bones.

Amazingly, Beatrice was still alive, right there in town, chatting with family in the berry patch in a tongue I couldn't understand. I unsheathed my knife and did what I came to do.

I should have at least used a bow, because Beatrice was immediately healed and immediately stabbed me. So much for revenge.

Her name? Beatrice Gomez, Kya Gomez's great-great-great granddaughter.

#2 2019-10-31 08:51:43

WalrusesConquer

Re: My Great (x3) Granddaughter killed me twice

Just putting it out there a lot of moms may abandon you and going out looking for revenge for each one may not be the best idea.

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#3 2019-10-31 10:00:32

pein

some people can convince themselves that you are evil then shit-talk through the city so even if they lose they are protected

best you can do Is aim someone with bow then change target and kill them on the instant, hide the pads and needles until

a player killed me for a stupid thing like she tossed all clothes on afk kid so I starved her by putting double fire under her, then she killed another 2 people and fed the babies all her life, nobody thinking how big psychopath she is

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-10-31 10:14:43

MrShuriken

Imagine killing someone because they abandoned you
If they don't purposely drag you out of civilisation and then ditch you there's no reason to go for revenge
Leaving a child if your busy isn't a bad thing
Leaving a child if your travelling isn't a bad thing

#5 2019-10-31 12:47:07

denriguez

cool thanks y'all i really love sharing fun stories about unique lives and then getting unsolicited advice and moral admonishment appreciate it.

I've been abandoned more times than I can count (I've been playing long enough), but this time it was so coldhearted. There was no attempt to give me to a family member, and it wasn't simply ignoring me or running away from me. She literally carried me outside of the town walls and closed the gate in my face.

The fact that she turns out to have been my great-great-great granddaughter from a previous life made it all the more tragic. Thus me sharing it here.

Last edited by denriguez (2019-10-31 12:54:49)

#6 2019-11-01 10:44:10

MrShuriken

Doesn't matter, if you're abandoned as a baby deal with it, don't go on a killing rampage to get them.
Ridiculous to kill someone for the act of removing an unwanted person, it kills their genes anyways...

#7 2019-11-01 12:20:22

Kaveh

Apparently this is a hot take but I understand getting vengeance after being harshly abandoned by your mother. Carrying a baby outside and then closing the gate??? Jeez. It's definitely different than just your mother walking away because she's in the middle of nowhere or not picking you up cuz she's too busy working on something. This person went out of their way to make their baby die of starvation.

Whether or not you want to go out of your way after that, to treat them the way they treated you, is personal preference. It's not a 'killing rampage', it's part of their life. Would've been great if you understood their language so you could've said something like "YOUR BABY SAYS HI" before stabbing her.

Great story.

Also:

MrShuriken wrote:

If they don't purposely drag you out of civilisation and then ditch you there's no reason to go for revenge

That's exactly what happened!

#8 2019-11-01 16:53:33

denriguez

MrShuriken wrote:

Doesn't matter, if you're abandoned as a baby deal with it, don't go on a killing rampage to get them.
Ridiculous to kill someone for the act of removing an unwanted person, it kills their genes anyways...

Isn't... isn't killing someone literally "the act of removing an unwanted person"? That's just a watered-down description of killing.

But again, I so appreciate the moral policing in a thread describing an interesting, unique, fun, and surprising life that didn't turn out how I'd expected. Very kind of you to show me the way.

#9 2019-11-03 06:46:44

Stormyzabeast

I was once born to a mom who immediately took me to the jungle and dropped me in mosquitos lol

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

Board footer