One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-02 19:44:23

Bearfut

It takes 6 to 7 centuries to go from stone age to engine

I was going over the OHOL map and discovered that it takes around 11 hours to complete the tech tree. 660 years to go from the stone age to engines. Am I the only one that feels that this is a little fast?

#2 2019-11-02 19:51:59

Keyin

Re: It takes 6 to 7 centuries to go from stone age to engine

You aren't alone. Modern humans have been on the earth for 200,000 years and we only got to engines a couple hundred years ago... meaning we've only had engines in real life for about 0.1% of human history.

Currently, you can reach steel tools before Eve dies in the game. That would be the equivalent to getting steel 195,000+ years early.

#3 2019-11-02 20:24:28

Amon

This isn't Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey. Iirc OHOL take place after a civilisation collapse, this is why a lot of things don't follow natural progression, because a lot of technology and knowledge is still in the public consiousness.

With technology consider this. We could perpetually live modest lives if water were more renevable, but once higher technology starts, it cannot be stopped and only perpetually develops faster and faster and faster.

Ships of the line lasted for hundreds of years. Ironclads lasted for around half a centuary. It took a pair of decades for dreadnoughts to turn into the monster battleships of world war two, and within 5 years airforce dominance over naval warfare was estabilished.
Robotics are a hundred years old. The space race is half a centuary old.
Technology is super young, but it is a race that goes perpetually faster, just like in Ohol.

Consider in what state we lived 600 years ago.

Last edited by Amon (2019-11-02 20:25:52)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#4 2019-11-02 22:28:47

Bearfut

Is there some sort of lore within the game I'm missing? What makes you think its post-apocolyptic?

I think the easiest solution is to require some sort of monument to advance to steel. Maybe a huge furnace that requires a shitton of time and resorces put into it.

#5 2019-11-02 22:41:11

Amon

It's the standing theory most people agree on at least.
'We're rebuilding society' afterall

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#6 2019-11-02 23:02:56

miskas

Bearfut wrote:

Is there some sort of lore within the game I'm missing? What makes you think its post-apocolyptic?

I think the easiest solution is to require some sort of monument to advance to steel. Maybe a huge furnace that requires a shitton of time and resorces put into it.

Dr. Stone fun spotted? tongue

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#7 2019-11-02 23:31:24

Coconut Fruit

6 wells limit make it that families live together, which itself makes going through tech tree much faster since more people play in towns.

Only 6 families live after apocalypse - each of them finds it's own place with natural spring, they making a town, but the family who reaches shovel first griefs other wells and about 3 families must move to other families with a well because they can't build a well anymore.
Solution to this could be very simple - once a family makes a well it should get blocked to make another well - at least for one hour.

Last edited by Coconut Fruit (2019-11-02 23:31:38)

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

Board footer