One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-02 15:57:55

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Since we're doing lots of fixes, can we talk about Yellow Fever?

This mechanic hasn't been touched since it's been implemented and it's really REALLY annoying. You just die. If you have any clothes on you're going to die without people feeding you.

A simple mistake, running into some VERY hard to see bugs shouldn't result in death. Wolves and bears? Understandable. They are really easy to avoid since there's lots of open space, and even if you are bit you have a whole minute to return to your town for help.

In jungles the bugs blend in with the ground since they're so small and black, and the jungle floor is black scribbles. Then there's trees EVERYWHERE which restrict your movement and makes you go directions you don't mean to. Then you get bit by bugs and you have about 15 or seconds or less to find help or you're dead.

Maybe make Yellow Fever some form of Hungry work and instead of increasing your temperature it just brings you down to 1 bar of hunger so if you're smart you can actually survive.

At the very least can the fever set in slower so we have a chance to get help before we starve to death?

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#2 2019-11-02 16:44:44

StrongForce

Re: Since we're doing lots of fixes, can we talk about Yellow Fever?

Or make so you can strip clothes

Baby dance!!

#3 2019-11-02 16:48:06

Amon

or...vaccines!

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#4 2019-11-02 17:46:32

Kaveh

'You just die'? I've personally survived yellow fever plenty of times without anyone around to save me, while wearing clothes. As a kid it's basically impossible, but being older and especially having a lot of yum can save you easy. Gotta be careful as a kid, but as an adult it's not that bad at all. Always keep your yum up (will help while traveling anyway cuz you won't have to eat as often) and just stand in a cold biome close to some food (in a diff biome) so you can feed yourself asap after recovering.
Also, I kinda like how hectic things get when someone with yellow fever walks into a town. It's one of the only things that actually makes a lot of people drop what they're doing just to help another person.

I do like the idea of vaccines though! Make/take one before venturing off just to be safe. Vaccinate your kids so you know they won't die to that at least. Sounds pretty neat.

#5 2019-11-02 21:55:15

Lum

If you know about the bugs, why are you still crossing jungles?

ign: summerstorm, they/them

Board footer