One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-30 03:38:19

seth

The journey of Ronald Lissak

I was born in a beautiful town - nice fence, plenty of food, milkweed crops.

My mom told me to get iron when I was older. I didn't know much about that, but I promised her I would and tried my best as soon as I could walk far. I did not succeed in finding any, but I tried hard.

Then one day, my mom said they were heading south to where the old town was - where they came from.

It was a long trek though - long enough to need a horse. I told them I would follow after I found a horse to ride.

So I began to make a lasso - milkweed was in constant use, so I became a milkweed farmer and worked there until I was able to make it.

Then finding a horse took some time, dodging the many bears and rattlesnakes.

Finally I caught one, and needed a saddle. One of my family members heard my request and made one right away, wishing me good luck.

I promised my family I would be back with a gift from our southern town, and I set off to the south.

It took a very very long time - but I finally made it.. As an old man. I witness a family member kill a stranger, and announced my arrival but no one seemed very interested.

It was time to return home, I gathered a few things that I could bring back to make the trip worth it, and rushed back - I knew I was getting far too old for such journeys..

I made it back to the fireplace just in time to report on what I had seen. And with my last breath dropped the gift from the land to the south: A block of iron ore.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5441613

TLDR: This game felt really good - villages really feel like villages, having a limited amount of tools means other villagers actually request things and respond to requests, and epic journey's have a greater meaning when there is a limited amount of resources.

Board footer