One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-10-27 19:22:51

pein

Re: List of things that will be tools

knitting needle should be needle as well like is very niche to make apron and shoes and hat doesn't worth really so they should be same as needle

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#27 2019-10-27 20:45:31

joseph212

Thaulos wrote:
pein wrote:

i mean lately been using hetuw, and the old version was weird, the game said it's an update, it updated and loaded the vanilla exe, I updated the mod, still crashed after it, i don't think is just cause the mod cause the game crashed lately a lot more than so far in total

I have experienced crashes in awbz/milkweed and on hetuw. I reckon whatever is wrong is in vanilla code.

I had that problem and i had to manually install the new version and it worked just fine

#28 2019-10-27 23:14:12

Kaveh

I definitely like the idea of having 'jobs' as opposed to 'skills'. Also like the basic/advanced split fug mentioned. You can be good at something, meh or can't do it at all. Would be good in case you want to help out by putting some pies in the oven but your main job is being a smith, or w/e.

One thing: doctors aren't necessary like 90% of the time, so would be a terrible first/only profession. Maybe doctor skills can be grouped with tailor skills?

#29 2019-10-28 00:17:09

Chard

Thaulos wrote:

I have experienced crashes in awbz/milkweed and on hetuw. I reckon whatever is wrong is in vanilla code.

The irony! Vanilla is the only code that's working so vanilla must have something wrong. smile

Probably vanilla has changed in a way the mods haven't caught up with, but I don't know anything for certain.

#30 2019-10-28 00:24:51

Jk Howling

I played a little last night just to see how things went. Issues I had:

-Bowsaw takes a slot when placing it in a chest [Adze/Axe might as well, unsure]
-Pads don't take up a tool slot when used on a wound or being made.. yet placing them in a bowl/apron takes up a slot.
-Sword takes up a slot when placed on backpack, and when recycled into a rod.
-Needle and Thread take up a slot when placed in apron/backpack
-Stakes only take up a slot when placed on a bush or dug for fence/trashpit. Doesn't use up slot when staked into ground for floors/walls.
-Seconding fug's complaints on how it plays and how useless some slots are, while there's not enough slots for other jobs. Grouping them together would be nice.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2019-10-28 01:28:30)

-Has ascended to better games-

#31 2019-10-28 00:35:12

miskas

I crashed with Hetow as well yesterday

Dodge wrote:

The engineer should not be able to be smith and vice versa, engineer needs steel and tools from smith and smith will need iron from the engineer at some point.

Dodge, to operate a Newcomen hammer you have to use tongs and firing klin to warm up the iron to hit it with a Newcomen.
Think of the Newcomen hammer as an advanced smithing hammer.
https://onetech.info/2238-Firing-Newcomen-Hammer-tool

At least Newcomen hammer has to be grouped with smithing hammer, klin , tongs.
and all the other Newcomen if not grouped with the smith, at least grouped with each other.

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

Board footer