One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-06 03:59:59

seth

Weed Family - How did the story end?

I grew up in a town that was in decline, before long I was the final mother. I had a daughter who was a new player, and they said they had to leave, someone offered to knife them, and they went off in the woods together despite my protests.

Getting older, the remaining members of the family decided it would at least be fun to abandon town and head towards the bell.

On the way there I had a daughter, and we made it to an abandoned, but bountiful, town. We reunited with one of my son's, who was happy to see us, but held a simmering resentment about being abandoned. (understandably)

My daughter was cared for lovingly, well fed, and spent most of her adolescent years by the fire trying to have a daughter.

Many daughters did not make it through child birth. Perhaps they saw the situation as it was - the last desperate attempt of the family to not be extinguished.

My son Thomas returned from a journey to the bell tower, and let us know it was wonderful there. So we decided to set off in search of it.

My daughter just a son though, and she couldn't carry her both her new daughter and her son there at the same time.

Thinking of my own son I had abandoned and the trauma it had inflicted, I decided to stay behind in my old age, and told him to follow them after he had gotten older.

I stayed by the fire, until I died.

But I wonder what happened next.. did they make it?

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5360024

#2 2019-10-07 02:27:05

seth

Re: Weed Family - How did the story end?

Wow.. and It continues on!

This really has been one of the most meaningful games I've played in hindsight. I really see how the Weed family could have died out through my own actions, but instead, the baton was passed on through my effort and my children's effort in my lifetime.

In the past, I only really cared about my immediate family's future after I died, but now that families themselves are precious and scarce, generation survival feels way more personal.

That feels good!

Last edited by seth (2019-10-07 02:27:37)

Board footer