You are not logged in.

#101 2018-12-18 08:34:18

Three

Re: Setting up your personal Linux test editor/server/client

I just need it to be 100 replies

#102 2019-01-05 05:52:18

andrew_klassen

For those of you who want an automated solution checkout my github.

https://github.com/andrew-klassen/onelife_easy_install

The documentation is in the project's readme. You can even use it to set up your own full blown ticketing system. Support for the Linux client is automatically included. Tested on Ubuntu 18.04.

#103 2019-03-23 12:45:03

Anandamide

So when running a test server, after placing the first floor tile, all subsequent attempts just disappear after adding the material to the floor stakes. Also, if you use a test map, and placed any floors in the editor, when in game, they are not floor but actual objects that can be picked up and moved around.

#104 2019-03-23 14:07:01

wondible

Anandamide wrote:

So when running a test server, after placing the first floor tile, all subsequent attempts just disappear after adding the material to the floor stakes. Also, if you use a test map, and placed any floors in the editor, when in game, they are not floor but actual objects that can be picked up and moved around.

Been a while since I used it, but there is a way to place things as floor (I had to build road for testing) Definitely placed some road objects first.

It seems like there is a bug with the windows server that prevents things from updating.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#105 2019-09-28 22:15:47

sliderule

Notes for building the client and server on OSX:

The pullAndBuildTestSystem.sh file must be modified to replace all instances of ./configure 1 with ./configure 2.

If the linker can't find your SDL.framework, modify

minorGems/game/platforms/SDL/Makefile.MacOSX

to include -F/Library/Frameworks in the LINK_FLAGS or equivalent variable.

If you have ever compiled and run OHOL before, delete old build environments. OSX does some caching of the runtime environment or something and it can cause your data version to be out of check, a signifier of the problem.  Look for dataV in the runtime log to be equal to codeV.  If it isn't, you have an old build somewhere on your system.

Once pullAndBuildTestSystem completes without error, you should be able to continue as described in the OP.  When you run the client, you may be asked to point a finder window to a location on the OHOL binary.

The best way to get a full client-server build at this point is to:

cd OneLife/build
./makeBaseDistributionFolder [buildname]
./makeDistributionMacOSX [buildname] `uname` /path/to/sdl.framework

You'll be left with a folder mac/nameofbuild_etc and a matching tgz.  The client and server can be launched from that folder.

#106 2019-10-08 20:06:46

CrudeAirplane

Another way to run server with Docker

FROM ubuntu
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y \
  git \
  g++ \ 
  imagemagick \
  xclip \
  libsdl1.2-dev \
  libglu1-mesa-dev \
  libgl1-mesa-dev \
  wget
WORKDIR /opt
RUN wget "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/master/scripts/pullAndBuildTestSystem.sh"
RUN sh ./pullAndBuildTestSystem.sh

EXPOSE 8005
WORKDIR /opt/OneLife/server
CMD ["./OneLifeServer"]

# docker built -t ohol .
# docker run -t --name ohol -p 8005:8005 ohol
# docker exec ohol bash -c "echo 10.0 > /opt/OneLife/server/settings/minFoodDecrementSeconds.ini"

#107 2019-10-13 13:26:09

Coniculls13
Website

jasonrohrer wrote:

A lot of the editor is hacked together in a "whatever was quickest" fashion.  As long as I know how it works, it's fine, right?

Which makes me hesitant to release it to the public, because it's not a "finished" piece of software, really.

Any plans to make it a finished piece of software? smile

Maintainer of Two Hours One Life - a curated OHOL server. Discord https://discord.gg/atEgxm7

#108 2019-10-22 19:22:53

Alec

If you want use SDL.framework in OneLife_vXXX.app/Contents/Frameworks, you have to execute this script.

install_name_tool -change @rpath/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL @executable_path/../Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL ./mac/OneLife_269/OneLife_269.app/Contents/MacOS/OneLife

this is one line.

I needed this in my environment.

#109 2024-01-17 18:31:55

rrrrrrrrrrz

Hi I have a trouble in setting a Linux server. After I start the server by ./OneLifeServer,  and I use the default map which generated by random seed. I found no green biome where there is gooseberry and soil..  I try soo many times with different seed. But in all generated maps, I cannot find green biome. What should I do to fix it?
Thank you

#110 2024-01-18 03:44:22

Marquis

Dito

It started happening for me with the “Power Edit” update on 2024-01-14 (I think).

Map generation mixes snow biome right by dessert biome. I can’t see the lay lines, can’t do emotes, and no eaten craving sound.

#111 2024-01-26 08:25:14

illoOminated

rrrrrrrrrrz wrote:

Hi I have a trouble in setting a Linux server. After I start the server by ./OneLifeServer,  and I use the default map which generated by random seed. I found no green biome where there is gooseberry and soil..  I try soo many times with different seed. But in all generated maps, I cannot find green biome. What should I do to fix it?
Thank you

Marquis wrote:

Dito

It started happening for me with the “Power Edit” update on 2024-01-14 (I think).

Map generation mixes snow biome right by dessert biome. I can’t see the lay lines, can’t do emotes, and no eaten craving sound.

I've found a solution for this problem and created a pull request with a bugfix proposal towards the original OneLife repo. I also created a separate thread to describe server setup including the required bugfix.

#112 2024-01-26 13:02:16

Marquis

I’m 90% sure this fixes it for me. Thanks, a ton.

I saw your other post, found the pull request, and put the line into my local script. It seems all my public server issues are gone. I couldn’t test a local server because of some compiler error about some AHAP variable. Undoubtedly because I’m pulling updates that aren’t fully ready. Either I’ll take the time to figure out how to git pull a timestamp or something, or I’ll just wait for the full update.

Again, thanks for the help.

Board footer