One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-08 14:53:57

TrustyWay

Now that towns are back, griefers are too.

I was in a good village, until somebody cut all carrot seeding plants and dug out all the bushes, starting to kill people, cut all trees, all our fire bow turned into bow drill, milkweed destroyed.

1. You can't kill somebody with bow and arrow while he runs and dig bushes at the same time.
2. You can't make him stop to cut all carrot seeding plants.
3. Now that the game is harder, it is easier to fuck up everything.
4. Females that run away from the killer will make spawn this guy again.

Miserable life made this guy edgy.

Except the killing that is managable. Digging bushes still too easy, I don't know how we could stop the carrot seeding plants grief. That's just too easy.

#2 2018-04-08 15:11:23

chikenvoice

Re: Now that towns are back, griefers are too.

When I first saw a dug berry bush, I was sure it could be replanted. I mean, that's realistic, right? You might want to dig up a wild berry bush and add it to your berry farm, why not? I think making them plantable would solve this little extra griefer mechanic and add to the game.

#3 2018-04-08 15:35:23

Laura

I have a theory ...
Jason is the griefer himself and bc of griefing he want to destroy the game by himself.
I saw griefers i can´t kill and they ghostly dissapears like someone hacked into the game.

We had a wonderful game ... HAD.
I watched a few youtubers and they all say: before the update the game was a 10 and after: i don´t want to
play this anymore.

How to piss your comunity off:
C: Please, give us a bit more food so we can explore!
J: No i give you less!

C: Please, do something about the griefers!
J: No i give you apocalypse so that the griefers cann destroy your work!

C: Please we want our game back ...
J: No i make it even harder!

I really want my money back, not bc i am poor (my first thought was to invest a lot of money into the game, i had
taken many investments in companys the last years and always search for some good quality stuff) but bc
i think that jason really hate his community and this is really sad.

I don´t say that this is really what happend, this is just what i think (!) and this makes it even more sad ...

#4 2018-04-08 15:57:52

aFilthyPeasant

Laura wrote:

I really want my money back, not bc i am poor (my first thought was to invest a lot of money into the game, i had
taken many investments in companys the last years and always search for some good quality stuff) but bc

I don´t say that this is really what happend, this is just what i think (!) and this makes it even more sad ...

Oh do you invest in many companies in last years? Do you always search for some good quality stuff? DO you really think Jason hates the community that has formed around a game he is spilling his life into? Do you know how much $20 is? Working a federally mandated minimum wage in the United States would require that you work 2.75 hours at $7.25

Did you play more than 2.75 hours? Let the guy develop without blasting him for making changes you don't like, $20 is almost nothing to a working adult who has "taken many investments in companys the last years".

Damn, I see now you're in Germany. In this case $20 is 16.28 euros and at 8.84 as the minimum wage (source: https://wageindicator.org/main/salary/m … e/germany) you would only need to work 1.84 hours so your entitled german ass has no reason to complain.

Last edited by aFilthyPeasant (2018-04-08 16:01:25)

#5 2018-04-08 16:34:16

Mugatu86

yeah saw quite a few players already grieving this morning, it's very easy to do and very effective once tools are out

#6 2018-04-08 17:00:37

Truthseeker

I don't know why people are still complaining, I spend 3 lives trying to murder someone in a village, I killed one baby and then got murdered with a bow due to slow down, griefers who wipe out whole villages are only getting away with it because your shit is weak.

#7 2018-04-08 17:30:09

FounderOne

aFilthyPeasant wrote:
Laura wrote:

Oh do you invest in many companies in last years? Do you always search for some good quality stuff? DO you really think Jason hates the community that has formed around a game he is spilling his life into? Do you know how much $20 is? Working a federally mandated minimum wage in the United States would require that you work 2.75 hours at $7.25

Did you play more than 2.75 hours? Let the guy develop without blasting him for making changes you don't like, $20 is almost nothing to a working adult who has "taken many investments in companys the last years".

Damn, I see now you're in Germany. In this case $20 is 16.28 euros and at 8.84 as the minimum wage (source: https://wageindicator.org/main/salary/m … e/germany) you would only need to work 1.84 hours so your entitled german ass has no reason to complain.

your entitled white ass has no reason to complain...........

LOL. Whats wrong with you dude? You can sure tell her that 20 Euro/Dollar is not much. But why do you genaralize all germans?

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#8 2018-04-08 17:52:20

aFilthyPeasant

FounderOne wrote:

your entitled white ass has no reason to complain...........

LOL. Whats wrong with you dude? You can sure tell her that 20 Euro/Dollar is not much. But why do you genaralize all germans?

i am white damnit, and am of german descent. i dont see the point in complaining about a refund when the game is so so far from being finished. this single developer is pouring his life into this and this german broad wants her measly 24 euro back?

isnt the good investment they thought it was, do all their investments go so badly? i am also under the impression they are a child complaining about the changes, not an adult.

#9 2018-04-08 18:07:00

llap

it was clear from the beginning that the game is not finished yet and there is still a lot of work to do to get it done. i think it will never be realy finished, it's a huge project, that must have been clear to everyone when he started spending money. I can't understand the whining. where can you get your money back for a software? such nonsense. live with it!

i guess Jason is doing a good job. so let hi do his job and perhaps help him with constructive criticism!

llap Olli

#10 2018-04-08 18:20:53

powa

Look, asking for your money back after around 40 hours (or more) of play is rather rude, don't you think?  I would assume you had some good times.  It was made clear with the advertising, main page of website, etc., that the game would go through many changes.  If one regrets spending $20 after playing a game for tens of hours, please let that be a learning lesson for oneself and not an opportunity to grief an overworked developer.

I think that's the main message, derogatory and insensitive statements aside.

#11 2018-04-08 18:59:33

Lily

chikenvoice wrote:

When I first saw a dug berry bush, I was sure it could be replanted. I mean, that's realistic, right? You might want to dig up a wild berry bush and add it to your berry farm, why not? I think making them plantable would solve this little extra griefer mechanic and add to the game.

That is actually a very good idea.

#12 2018-04-08 20:12:51

llap

Lily wrote:
chikenvoice wrote:

That is actually a very good idea.

vote here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … replanted/

llap Olli

#13 2018-04-09 08:39:25

BiboStar

then the griefers will made these bushes into kindling by an axe.

#14 2018-04-09 15:40:29

denriguez

BiboStar wrote:

then the griefers will made these bushes into kindling by an axe.

Sure, it's only one additional step, but it might buy some time to get rid of the griefer and save the berry farm. Right now once a bush is dug, it's as good as kindling. Maybe replant + water on a timer, else the bush dies.

Board footer